Port Sydney conditions

Muskoka cat guy

7 minutes ago, Muskoka Man said:

May take a run up the back trail to D ,might be a lot quieter on Monday and run some of the 50 series trails 

Rode some of the 50 series on Sat, they were good in the AM and PM....does not see no where near the same traffic as the others.

• Like 1

HGR section of D was done monday night. Not sure if DYW has done their section of D yet. I went for a ride on east side yesterday 51 and d102b to deerhurst were groomed up nice. 

On my travels from work yesterday everything from a aspdin  rd down to gravenhurst looked nice ,groomed up and not beat from traffic

Rode some great trails today with Mr and Ms Extreme600.

All recently groomed: 4 from Severn Bridge to Kahshe. B from Barkway Road to C103D, to 41, to 44. Also C103D to Port Sydney, and D south of Port Sydney.

Screenshot_20190220-163109_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 3

Things were a rockin this morn in Port sydney.lots of guys unloading at Smiths gulf .met lots of guys going full bore heading north .back home safe now .lol

IMG_20190223_092107.jpg

IMG_20190223_090228.jpg

IMG_20190223_092220.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Muskoka Man said:

Met lots of guys going full bore heading north.

IMG_20190223_090228.jpg

Medium speed for me. Passed through around 8:15. All freshly groomed from Gravenhurst to Sprucedale, westward on Seguin, 201. Almost no slush on Lake Joe, and none on Lake Muskoka.

PS: You're riding on my tracks.

LOL 

20190223_133406.jpg

Edited by Blake G

1 hour ago, Blake G said:

Medium speed for me. Passed through around 8:15. All freshly groomed from Gravenhurst to Sprucedale, westward on Seguin, 201. Almost no slush on Lake Joe, and none on Lake Muskoka.

PS: You're riding on my tracks.

LOL 

20190223_133406.jpg

Was there at 830 or so .I know some other trails close  to there that are now flat 

Speaking of full bore.

Yesterday I met 2 sleds on the rail bed (C trail) and promptly scared the crap out of them.

I wss doing a aggressive 50 km/h and launched the skis in the air about 100 feet from them.

I thought it was funny as hell, don't think they did.

Edited by soupkids
  • Haha 1

About 3-4" of fresh snow overnight. Trails should be good. Didnt see any traffic on them yesterday and the groomers had everything flat and smooth before the rain. Enjoy!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the same can be said for Gravenhurst. I was relieved to see minimal trail traffic past my house yesterday. The trail along Bethune looked pretty good last evening, when the snow started. There will be some drifting, but nothing the groomers won't be able to handle. 

Just got back in from a short run around hgr. Can barely tell it rained. Moved about a dozen big branches/pine trees off the trail. The base underneath the fresh snow is still insulated and not icy. Once they get groomed and cold tonight they will be fast as hell! Groomer was out on the west side when i got back from the east side. So was some guy on an atv! Trying to get thru the tunnel and couldnt fit, i chased him for a bit towards the lake. Got his plate #. 

• Thanks 2

I found a black lobster type glove on trail 51 at Brunel rd on thursday. Pics wont upload. Let me know if u lost one i'll leave it at the groomer shop on the trail map board. 

Trails are absolutely mint! 

7 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

Trails are absolutely mint! 

I'll be up riding Friday till Tuesday. Head that way Friday I think. 

I did a loop yesterday, headed south on D to 37, 37 north to D to 82, 85,83 to seguin. All minty. Turned south on 95, little bumpy but bearable, 78,79 to penn lake was aweful moguls. Over penn lake to HGR east side all minty trails.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know if they will bother to groom for the weekend?

3 hours ago, zx7rr said:

Anyone know if they will bother to groom for the weekend?

With the mild temps yesterday, overnight & today, I cannot see the groomer running the trails, they will cause more damage than good I would think.....perhaps run again when the temps drop and maybe some new snow falls over the weekend.

Looks like no real snow in the next few days and above freezing at the start of week ,groomers may sit for a bit 

I think there is a good chance they go out tonight. Calling for -12 and there is a tonne of base left. 

D trail south of Port Sydney this morn 

Could feel the back of the sled drop in the low spots but good riding really 

IMG_20190316_091306.jpg

IMG_20190316_091504.jpg

We rode from Port Sydney to baysville then up 64 to kawagama and back the same way. Some nasty icy corners thru baysville area. Some slushy spots too. Lakes were slush. Gas on and go. All in all the trails were smooth and flat. Etec i was riding with had no scratchers and was fine with inch or 2 of snow last night. Port sydney trails faired the best after the warm up, less ice. On the way back on 64, group of 4 comes past us, we were all on our right sides and the last guy in their group on a old zl500 got startled and hit the brake to hard, kicked the ass end out, he jumped off, machine went in the ditch. Lost his one boot in the deep snow. So funny watching him superman off the sled. Lol! Lots of muscle to pull the sled out. Good times. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1