Port Sydney conditions

Muskoka cat guy

16 hours ago, 04nightfire said:

rode ghurtst to Huntsville and back.  Still trying to figure out why I saw an arctic cat alpha out on the trails.

I saw one ready to be picked up at my dealer in southern Michigan.

They told me they tried to talk the guy out of buying it to ride trails, but he insisted.  They figured he would be back and real upset.  They took his money.

Freezing drizzle here this morning. Both groomers were out last night and it was cold enough for the trails to setup. Got back in at 2 am

56 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

Freezing drizzle here this morning. Both groomers were out last night and it was cold enough for the trails to setup. Got back in at 2 am

I take it you run a groomer? 

Trails were mint first thing this morning. Let's hope the rain doesn't ruin things.

20190203_083246.jpg

Edited by Blake G
  • Like 5

They were calling for 5mm down here today but we’ve only seen a few drops. Been watching the radar like a hawk and it shows barely any rain for today. Looks like the rain will be coming in tomorrow for about half a day and will move through fairly quick. 

Yes please update when you can! We’re planning on riding muskokas this week as well, but don’t want to be riding on ice the whole time. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Baylaker said:

I take it you run a groomer? 

No, we just like riding at night. Less traffic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blake G said:

Trails were mint first thing this morning. Let's hope the rain doesn't ruin things.

20190203_083246.jpg

D north just past the tracks?

23 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

D north just past the tracks?

You know your area!

4 hours ago, Blake G said:

20190203_083246.jpg

Your windscreen looks to be either covered in ice or rain....bush/protected trails should be okay, open area's might not fair so well, roads will be toast.....:banghead:.

We left home by 8am and rode up to Port Sydney and met up with Muskoka Mike, trails were mint mint mint, went up to Huntsville and rode the 88 trail across to Fairy Lake and did Penn, and Lake of Bays to Dorset, then rode the 101B to Baysville for lunch at the Cast Iron and back to Port Sydney then home, 140 miles for the day other than the light rain it was a nice day touring Muskoka. Sorry no pics from this day.

• Like 4

Hahahaa. 

Just kidding. We'll have to look around....

Driving through Gravenhurst this am the trails looked pretty beat up and with the freeze coming up today and tomorrow I think they are pooched till we get a lot more snow.

Gravenhurst. Trail base remains. Should recover quickly with some fresh white stuff.

Edited by Blake G
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Spiderman said:

Will check with Huntsville UTS

They closed them just to keep the base that's there. Sounds like all is good just some standing water. 

Calling for +1 and some rain on thurs in Muskoka :banghead: good thing god invented Rye and Coke 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We drove the D from Taylor Road to the Fry Shack in Utterson yesterday.  Never passed another snowmobile.  The trails were icy and hard.  Any road riding was terrible.   I wouldn't recommend it until we get some new snow

13 minutes ago, ten90 said:

We drove the D from Taylor Road to the Fry Shack in Utterson yesterday.  Never passed another snowmobile.  The trails were icy and hard.  Any road riding was terrible.   I wouldn't recommend it until we get some new snow

How did the trail base hold up? Rocks poking thru?