LinsaY to Haliburton today or tomorrow

Yamaha Fan

1 hour ago, barberch said:

so what caused the throttle problem?

The Secondary Clutch was sticking and was completely stuck with the -19 temp at the Yamaha Dealer.   They serviced both the secondary and primary.

I was just advised by another OC member to do this every year including changing belts.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, johnsazzr said:

Glad you made it out of that situation intact...who do you use to service your sled?

I now use the Yamaha Dealer in Bobcaygeon.  They now have a new customer forsure ...... :D

2 hours ago, Yamaha Fan said:

The Secondary Clutch was sticking and was completely stuck with the -19 temp at the Yamaha Dealer.   They serviced both the secondary and primary.

I was just advised by another OC member to do this every year including changing belts.

I have never heard of the secondary clutch sticking closed  causing the engine to accelerate such that it gets out of control.  Glad you are ok.

Always a good idea to inspect and service clutches and belt.  

If the primary clutch is sticking closed, it will cause the sled to move at idle, kind of like installing a belt that is to tight.....I am trying to think of how if the secondary was sticking open, if it would cause the same thing, but all that I can think that it would do, is create a belt that is super loose in which case the sled will not move, similar to your belt deflection being off by a large amount.

Regardless, clutches that are not maintained or working as they should, could cause this....glad the cause was found. 

10 minutes ago, barberch said:

I have never heard of the secondary clutch sticking closed  causing the engine to accelerate such that it gets out of control.  Glad you are ok.

Always a good idea to inspect and service clutches and belt.  

Same! I don't know with a 100% certainty, but I'd say the dealer doesn't know either and just assumed this was the problem?

Again, YF, are you a member at TY and did you ask/post over there? 

Archived