LinsaY to Haliburton today or tomorrow

Yamaha Fan

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Busted up from before ......showing limited today from Lindsay to Fenlon Falls. Some must have been riding on it before it was shown limited. I do believe it is a mixed use trail also .....  so :ph34r:. Will be leaving the same location tomorrow 8.30 - 9 am..   Twin Mountain SC has opened their trails.

Drove thru Kinmount today. Quite a few trailers @ the train station.

hi ty

how things going,been awhile

snow is forcasted for barrie area on fri,trails will be open soon.you should come up

Just now, white dragon said:

hi ty

how things going,been awhile

snow is forcasted for barrie area on fri,trails will be open soon.you should come up

Hi Glenn ......  has been a long time yep. When the trails are open let me know when you want to ride around. I'd be glad to. Much healthier now ( Knock wood ) and retired so I can ride anytime.

Cheers and Happy New Year.

See my Eagle Lake thread. We are riding At 10 am tomorrow if you are interested 

1 hour ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

See my Eagle Lake thread. We are riding At 10 am tomorrow if you are interested 

Hi Grizz ....  havent decided. I'll probably meet the group in the Superior Propane parking lot. At the least I will ride to Haliburton.

Cheers.

Hey. Change of plans. Will be leaving from my place on Pigeon Lake and up through Twin Mountains You are still welcome of course

6 hours ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

Hey. Change of plans. Will be leaving from my place on Pigeon Lake and up through Twin Mountains You are still welcome of course

I live on pigeon Lake and am also a member of Twin Mountain SC. 

Whereabouts on pigeon Lake do you live? I'm on charlore Park. 

12 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Also leaving out of SP lot this am around 9:30 or 10. Heading towards Whitney if you'd like to tag along.

Polaris + Cat.

Hi ZR S.....  I'll be at the SP parking lot around 10 or before. Red Yamaha with black Yamaha outfit.

3 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Day did not turn out as I'd planned, short jaunt up the trail after unloading to test after dealer had the engine out for crank seals, locked up solid / towed back.

This sport can be a roller coaster of emotions.

Not fun:(

Well its being a number of years while sledding it snows like crazy, a beautiful sight indeed.Ran today from north end pigeon lake through the pinery to the b103and straight to haliburton.trails were for the most part where good to very good with mixed riding lakes and trails.Thanks master scout griff for direction and new guy Chris

Yamaha fan, 

hope you are okay. Heard you had a nasty crash this afternoon on return back to Lindsay. 

1 hour ago, 528rick said:

Well its being a number of years while sledding it snows like crazy, a beautiful sight indeed.Ran today from north end pigeon lake through the pinery to the b103and straight to haliburton.trails were for the most part where good to very good with mixed riding lakes and trails.Thanks master scout griff for direction and new guy Chris

Was a great ride, thanks for letting me ride with you guys! 

hope u are ok ty

3 hours ago, infernobuster said:

Yamaha fan, 

hope you are okay. Heard you had a nasty crash this afternoon on return back to Lindsay. 

I'm okay miraculously.  The sled was acting strange all day. First it was the oil light then as I was riding back I noticed it was accelerating slightly by it self. Then at a stop sign it would not slow down. I hit the brakes and it fished tailed but kept going. So as not to hit the guy in front I swerved into the snow bank and the sled took off into the air accelerated hit the road and as it was heading into the trees I rolled off. I slammed into a tree and the sled ended up against a wire fence and stopped upright idling.

We turned it around and I  rode it out of the Bush, up a slope back on trail. No damage miraculously.  I  led the way back to the trailer in case it accelerated again by itself.

My back is paining now, can't sleep mostly because it's sore and  I'm having nightmares :).

Otherwise I'm fine and so is the sled. I will have a Yamaha dealer look it over on Monday. I'll give feedback.

What a scary thing to have happened.  I was scared riding it back to the trailer too. Driving home I was nervous like crazy.

I wish to thank your two friends for helping me out in this situation as I  was in pain. They turned the sled around in the deep snow off trail. It must have been scary for them too to witness what happened. They were quick to respond. Picked me up as I was wrapped around the tree.

Oh well... I'm thankful that the rest of the day turned out well. Seems I'm a survivor in more ways than one for those who know what I mean.

2 hours ago, white dragon said:

hope u are ok ty

Thanks WD. I'm fine for now. I'll check my back in the morning for any bruising or swelling.  My left leg where the radiation grains are implanted is burning. I haven't had feeling in the upper leg for two years now. I touch it and I can feel my leg now. Strange. No pain though.

If I can keep feeling my leg in two weeks time without complications.... hey!

7 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Day did not turn out as I'd planned, short jaunt up the trail after unloading to test after dealer had the engine out for crank seals, locked up solid / towed back.

This sport can be a roller coaster of emotions.

I saw you being towed back. Didn't know  it was you though. Glad you are okay.  There was a OPP trailer at the  SP parking lot. Figured your group had left.

My day was worst but miraculously nothing broke. Live to ride another day. 

Cheers.

For what it's worth ... Friday was an awesome day for riding. 

Snowmobilers are the best bunch of people I know around the world...... when I was offloading at TBR  a young rider walked up to me smiling and shook my hand glad to see someone other than a Canadian sledding. Then after they left Chris Penderton recognized me and introduced me to his group and I rode with them  .... luckily. What a bunch of great guys. I met Chris (infernobuster) in Gravenhurst back in 2014 winter. At the restaurant, more snowmobilers were chatting me up and in the parking lot when I was checking the sled out.... more snowmobilers were helpful and concerned.  I believe I'm not different from any other person ... so I concluded... I must be  a handsome guy :evil2:

Cheers everyone. 

Ty

Glad to hear that you are OK.  Vector's aren't supposed to do that kind of stuff.  Bring it to your dealer and have him give it a good scolding :-)

I certainly hope your back heals and your leg doesn't?  Take care.

Glad to here your in fairly good shape after bailing on a runaway sled,Let us know what the dealer says.Im curious to know if you had a tether switch connected to you

not sure what you would attach a tether to on a Vector!

It it key start/stop, with the usual kill switch

I see your days as an airline pilot are not behind you. Who knew you needed a parachute while sledding?

Archived