QC puts the hammer down.

zoso

44 minutes ago, zoso said:

You can only imagine how stupid a person has to be to ride on trails with no insurance or registration just because the permit was free for two days. 

Have an accident & you could be screwed financially for the rest of your life.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, revrnd said:

Have an accident & you could be screwed financially for the rest of your life.

Do you remember the days when in Ontario you could instead of insurance pay the province a fee which would pay any judgement against you and then collect from you with interest possibly the rest of your life. They would take almost everything you earned and even with a good job you would spend the rest of your days in poverty,

24 minutes ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

My money is on they do it on a regular basis.

I'm with you. I'm sure there are some out there that ride regularly without permits and insurance. Not something I would consider I have too much to lose. Some of these young puppies have said let them take everything I have... I don't have anything. They don't seem to realize they can continue to take whatever you earn or have in future as well.

14 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Do you remember the days when in Ontario you could instead of insurance pay the province a fee which would pay any judgement against you and then collect from you with interest possibly the rest of your life. They would take almost everything you earned and even with a good job you would spend the rest of your days in poverty,

I'm with you. I'm sure there are some out there that ride regularly without permits and insurance. Not something I would consider I have too much to lose. Some of these young puppies have said let them take everything I have... I don't have anything. They don't seem to realize they can continue to take whatever you earn or have in future as well.

I ever heard of that but do recall when the fine was 500 max for no insurance and many would take the chance if they were high risk and paying more than the 500 to insure themselves.

37 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I do not remember that.

45 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

7 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

I do not remember that.

30 minutes ago, zoso said:

I ever heard of that but do recall when the fine was 500 max for no insurance and many would take the chance if they were high risk and paying more than the 500 to insure themselves.

02Sled is right about this , I think it stopped in1975 . I know a guy who had that Ins with the government , he was in an accident and had to pay about $50 a month for 20 years and the government covered the rest.

7 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Back in the day, when Noah couldn't afford insurance, it was called unsatisfied judgement. I know a few people who got sued and have never owned anything since.

I'd forgotten what it was called. It was in it's final days about the time I started to drive. A guy my dad worked with got sued and lived in a dump of a bachelor apartment and took the bus to work. That's all he could afford with what they left him.

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Back in the day, when Noah couldn't afford insurance, it was called unsatisfied judgement. I know a few people who got sued and have never owned anything since.

^What CC said

A friend of my parents had this happen to him in the 50s. Exact same scenario.

Stupid? Or nothing left to lose "in their current mindset"?

Now you want to sick the cops on these kids and run them through the system? Clearly none of you have lost anyone close to suicide. Do you know the number one cause of male suicide under 40 is known as "deaths of despair"?

These young lads need mentors and guidance and some support from their communities. Not judgement, anger and I told you so's

What is happening to Canada? So much hate, so little vision.

3 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Stop it. Huge difference between an entitled little crap head doing as he or she pleases vs someone in need of medical help.

I'm guessing this is in reply to a post I've put on ignore. But damn... you're right about entitled little crap heads. They became that way because of attitudes like, you can have whatever you want, you get a trophy just for showing up, nobody ever tells you no, and a lot of that's all right when you screw up. Pampered spoiled brats. God help them when their boss fires them for not following direction and doing a piss poor job. It will just destroy their entitled image of themselves.

They need a huge wake up call and a jolt back into reality, hugs won't do it.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

I'm guessing this is in reply to a post I've put on ignore. But damn... you're right about entitled little crap heads. They became that way because of attitudes like, you can have whatever you want, you get a trophy just for showing up, nobody ever tells you no, and a lot of that's all right when you screw up. Pampered spoiled brats. God help them when their boss fires them for not following direction and doing a piss poor job. It will just destroy their entitled image of themselves.

They need a huge wake up call and a jolt back into reality, hugs won't do it.

And the 1st ones to post on 705 Snowmobiles pissing & moaning about landowners closing trails due to azzhat sledders who cant ride responsibly.

5 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Stop it. Huge difference between an entitled little crap head doing as he or she pleases vs someone in need of medical help.

Yes there is and its important to take all things into account on a case by case basis. Blanket "group identity" judgments cast over all can users doesn't respect that. A lot of young men have been marginalized by lack of parenting, lack of public support and have turned to drink/drugs/rebellion. That much we can agree on. The road ahead to bring them up to snuff is not about using the belt or the strap. Its about US using our heads and starting some conversations instead of assuming we know all their motivations and speaking in absolutes about it

Nothing new. The more we make the line a no dialogue do as I say or else? The more these types thrive on it and WE who pushed em over the edge get what we deserve for being elitist know it alls who dont care about them. Soon as you stop caring? Its all over already you just cant see it yet. If everyones interest is in keeping trails open which to my knowledge is the unifying concept here is it not? Then its best to not turn yourselves into haters who judge and distance yourselves from those who need some guidance.

No leader EVER used coercion to force others to their will. Thats RULERS and DICTATORS etc. Some of your thrilled comments on how pleased you are the cops are "gonna get em" speaks volumes in this regard. Meanwhile imo a few simple discussions and some laughs would surely going a long way to sorting out 90% of the can users out there. The 10%? Theres nothing that can ever be done to stop those ones and those types break a LOT more laws than noise regulations so best to keep the coppers out of the interests of the sledding community if you want it to thrive.

Or not. Your choices all

The joke is on MBRP

https://www.sudbury.com/around-the-north/opp-crack-down-on-loud-snowmobiles-with-modified-mufflers-1228459

Has Ned Nickerson (or the OFDC) had any comment on the use of cans?

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Ned would tell you how great cans are if MBRP paid him.

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

10 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Unfortunately, you're probably right.

When a large part of ones career has been spent reviewing products, and yet you have never once found a product to be sub par, I think that tells us you are a bought and paid for shill that is full of crap.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

When a large part of ones career has been spent reviewing products, and yet you have never once found a product to be sub par, I think that tells us you are a bought and paid for shill that is full of crap.

I don't think my review of Kuhmo Mud King tires would be well received by them...

I wonder if MBRP has whined about this pic of their product being used to illustrate a story about noisy sledders being fined?

20190204-snowmobile-modified-muffler.thumb.jpg.f219bdd39fcc7d5961c19c81109c79da.jpg

Looks like under the hood of a REV. So were talking state of the art equipment...circa 2007.

I bet ya they know about it by now. My neighbour has 5 sleds , every one has a can.they are a loud and proud group. And a real part of the problem.

Archived