QC puts the hammer down.

zoso

12 hours ago, revrnd said:

Do what I & others have done...

I already did long ago but when others quote his conspiracy theories they are visible and occasionally I miss reading who it is that was quoted

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Denis007 said:

I agree that it may not make sense, but I have to side with Zoso on this issue. I firmly believe that you will most likely be charged with ANY aftermarket exhaust, simply because there's no trailside testing equipment in the enforcement personnel's bag to actually verify louder or quieter. Its either stock, or it isn't. 

Remember, these officers are people too, with pretty respectable senses of observation. If there's a different sound coming from your exhaust than other similar sleds, I'm about sure they'll know it long before you pull over. 

As of today, the baseline used is, stock is ok, anything else is not. Take that however way you choose.  I respect your opinion and thoughts, and Skidooboy as well.

And I can also respect the guy with the trail can that rides smoothly along in residential areas and in town, in the right hands its not an issue. Sadly this is more often than not, the exception not the rule. 

I have come into contact with many Ontario police on the trails. They have always been nice and professional. I don't care anymore. Going back to my stock muffler. Don't want to offend any hippies up there. Braaap life is done. 

My brother lives in Timmins and he told me yesterday that the recent crackdown has been really effective.   Most of he cans seem to have disappeared quickly.  But it's also been -30 pretty continuously the last couple of weeks. 

1 minute ago, DOOBEE said:

My brother lives in Timmins and he told me yesterday that the recent crackdown has been really effective.   Most of he cans seem to have disappeared quickly.  But it's also been -30 pretty continuously the last couple of weeks. 

Kind like how all the 5 L Mustangs disappeared when DriveClean was introduced? ;)

6 minutes ago, DOOBEE said:

No matter what some may thing, heavy handed enforcement is the only thing that gets through to the canheds.

He got rid of an 850 last week and left the can on it.  

So nice to not have to play emissions games anymore.  I run a nasty 911 turbo in the summer that I'll actually be able to plate this year.

1 minute ago, zoso said:

...and education about trail closures just goes in one er and out the other.

True.  Unfortunately that wisdom comes later after you've experienced it and the resultant loss of past pleasure 

7 hours ago, DOOBEE said:

The fines deter the kids for sure.

Up here they think they're smart.  They put the can away during the school week when riding around town, then put it back on to play on the weekends.  Cops wait near the school for them to head out on the machines, nail them every time.

At least one kid learned the difference in power loss with a can.  Our co-op has a can and I explained the 5-10 hp loss thing, when he put is oem muffler back on he said it feels noticeably more powerful.  His parents are separated and he spends a week in town, the other in the village down the road.  When he's in town, no can.  Not sure about the other week, it's been so friggin' cold lately no-one out riding, period.

50557927_1193752200793811_7199843348335558656_n.jpg

4 hours ago, Bigfish said:

50557927_1193752200793811_7199843348335558656_n.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Are you stuttering a lot Denis? :rotflmao:

He just can't hear himself over his exhaust :lmao:

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

He just can't hear himself over his exhaust :lmao:

No no no ... I was exhausted and fell asleep on that smiley thing ... 

9 hours ago, Denis007 said:

No no no ... I was exhausted and fell asleep on that smiley thing ... 

groan.....I hope you can it with the bad puns....:D

35 minutes ago, zoso said:

lol, depends if his exhaust is "on the can".

When I'm on the can, an exhaust is mandatory... :lmao:

1 minute ago, catinental couch said:

N/A or boosted?:rolleyes:

I'm All-natural baby .. :cool::barf::icon_hijack::rotflmao:

While unloading at Superior Propane on Saturday, group of three passed us with one clearly sporting a mega brappers can. Irritating how loud it was as he did his seemingly spastic motion on the flipper to make sure we all could hear. Oh well, jumped on the sled and we headed north. Well surprise surprise, lil smart ass brapper had his sad face on as the OPP officer who stopped him appeared to be issuing a ticket. On the ride from there up and around n back from Whitney, came across at least 8 or 10 others with cans that sounded just as ridiculous. Even more of a piss off saw at least 4 maybe 5 sleds with no permits, no registration numbers on the trails. You can pretty much guarantee along with no legit reason to be on the trail, likely no insurance either. 

6 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

While unloading at Superior Propane on Saturday, group of three passed us with one clearly sporting a mega brappers can. Irritating how loud it was as he did his seemingly spastic motion on the flipper to make sure we all could hear. Oh well, jumped on the sled and we headed north. Well surprise surprise, lil smart ass brapper had his sad face on as the OPP officer who stopped him appeared to be issuing a ticket. On the ride from there up and around n back from Whitney, came across at least 8 or 10 others with cans that sounded just as ridiculous. Even more of a piss off saw at least 4 maybe 5 sleds with no permits, no registration numbers on the trails. You can pretty much guarantee along with no legit reason to be on the trail, likely no insurance either. 

You can only imagine how stupid a person has to be to ride on trails with no insurance or registration just because the permit was free for two days. 

Archived