Parry sound yellow?

Baylaker

Does anyone know how mactier, parry sound, dunchurch area is being that it’s listed yellow? Wondering if it’s decent or not. I’ve ridden some really good yellow trails and some pretty bad yellow trails that should’ve been closed. Hopefully tomorrow’s rain doesn’t hurt too much..

Seguin is thin and a bit rougher west of bear lake. I was up towards dunchurch yesterday and it was decent too magnetawan and was lots of snow that way. Not sure about mactier. 

Hopefully the snow tonight will help out. 

7 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

yeah, "THEY" say 10-15cm so about 5 in reality!!

Hopefully they're right about that, and wrong about the rain!

I just looked again and now it says 15cm and 1mm of rain for PS. Hopefully it doesn’t change much

14 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

I just looked again and now it says 15cm and 1mm of rain for PS. Hopefully it doesn’t change much

Nice!

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

yeah, "THEY" say 10-15cm so about 5 in reality!!

It has also rarely happened the other way around. Forecast 10 - 15 and end up with 25 - 30.

If your glass is half empty.... pour the contents into a smaller glass.

Snowing now.  Should be great if forecast is correct.

We need all we can get at the north end of town to smooth out the trails.

Was out for a few hours on Sunday, snow's thin...

Lots of frost in the ground and wont take much to make a big improvement.

Fingers crossed we get what they are forecasting. :snow-141:

12 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Does anyone know how mactier, parry sound, dunchurch area is being that it’s listed yellow? Wondering if it’s decent or not. I’ve ridden some really good yellow trails and some pretty bad yellow trails that should’ve been closed. Hopefully tomorrow’s rain doesn’t hurt too much..

Last Saturday was out on DunAhmic (Wabamik, McKellar)  trails for maybe 20-30 km's - rough terrain in that area and wasn't too interested in beating sled up as I did last year in low snow conditions. Can't say if there is any new snow since then, but take your time and be prepared for the occasional rock outcrop. thin snow etc.

12 hours ago, Baylaker said:

Had 3-4” of snow overnight in Dunchurch, and still snowing. I am doing an evening ride tonight looping a few trails locally, I will give you an update tonight.

as of right now in ps area about 5-6" fell overnight till now give or take. its lightly snowing for now and hoping the rain holds off and get more snow. doing non naked snow dance!

Awesome! Good news guys! Thanks. We got 6-7” down south. Raining now, but don’t think the snow is going anywhere too fast. This will harden like a rock tonight!

About 8 inches in Seguin.  All should be good.

Good to know.

They were right down here too, which screwed up our day trip today...had sleds loaded, gased up, truck gased up at around 4:00pm yesterday afternoon, watched twn all evening long to make sure we could get away for day trip. Called for 5cm, later in evening and we got it. Oh well, that’s just the way she goes. Heading over to Orangeville tomorrow to the in-laws for dinner. Going to take the kids bravo out and play around in the fields.

10 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Holy smokes, TWN wrong again, but this time in a good way!! They were calling for 5cm overnight and we got more like 10-12cm woo hoo, 

Four inches at my place in Carling. Eight to twelve inches in the town of Parry Sound this morning. Town streets were crap.

Archived