Lodging Horror Stories

revrnd

Frosty's post reminded me of an incident I had back in the 90s out in Calgary. Dropped & friend off in Calgary & drove into the city in the morning. Booked a room for that night (July 9, 1995). Looked up friends of mine in Airdrie & spent the day w/ them. Drove back & no frgging room. No reservation under my name. Fancier vacant rooms available @ 12:30 AM but the idgits wouldn't budge. Ended up sleeping in the cab of my truck @ the Shell truck stop.

Fast forward to October and I get my September Visa statement. Included is a charge for 1 night's stay @ the motel in Calgary. No details. I call up the hotel & ask for customer service. I get they accounting dep't. I explain the charge on my card. Fellow gets back to me & there is a charge for 1 night's stay on September 7, 1995. The dumbasses (I'll leave it @ that) on the front desk had screwed up inputting the month & day for the reservation. I think the guy @ the other end was madder than me LOL. "I'll credit your Visa and mail you a receipt!". A few days later I got that in the mail.

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

Frosty's post reminded me of an incident I had back in the 90s out in Calgary. Dropped & friend off in Calgary & drove into the city in the morning. Booked a room for that night (July 9, 1995). Looked up friends of mine in Airdrie & spent the day w/ them. Drove back & no frgging room. No reservation under my name. Fancier vacant rooms available @ 12:30 AM but the idgits wouldn't budge. Ended up sleeping in the cab of my truck @ the Shell truck stop.

Fast forward to October and I get my September Visa statement. Included is a charge for 1 night's stay @ the motel in Calgary. No details. I call up the hotel & ask for customer service. I get they accounting dep't. I explain the charge on my card. Fellow gets back to me & there is a charge for 1 night's stay on September 7, 1995. The dumbasses (I'll leave it @ that) on the front desk had screwed up inputting the month & day for the reservation. I think the guy @ the other end was madder than me LOL. "I'll credit your Visa and mail you a receipt!". A few days later I got that in the mail.

At least it worked out in the end...

Driving to florida in Feb 1994 stopped at TA truck stop in North Kingsville Ohio. By the time we had eaten dinner, about 6 inches more snow than the 6 inches tht fell before we stopped had accumulated. We decide to drive no further. Across the street is a motel. I have never in my life slept in such a dump. No hot water, dirty as all get out.Hardly slept at all lying on top of the bed fully clothed with a hat on. I think I would have been better off driving in a blizzard.

Archived