Amosphere BEWARE

FrostyTheSnowman

Anyone planning on staying at the Amosphere in Quebec be sure to get a breakdown of your charges with the sledders package while checking in. I was charged double. Nearly puked hah. Even after talking to them on the phone with a language barrier they insisted the bill was correct. After finally getting an email of the bill and breakdown they did in fact charge me double. MasterCard stop payment. :)

Thanks, Frosty. Appreciate this type of info.  I always get a hard copy of the invoice.

26 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Thanks, Frosty. Appreciate this type of info.  I always get a hard copy of the invoice.

I always ask for a hardcopy at checkout when traveling and if I do express checkout they slip a copy under the door in the middle of the night. It's frustrating though when you're in Quebec at a multinational chain like Marriott or Hilton and they insist they can't provide you an English copy.

Weird.   I have stayed there several times and have never had an issue.   

We did NOT get the sledders package though.   Just rooms and paid our food/booze bills at the restaurant.   

They have a few girls who speak English fluently.   Just give them a call and explain.    I am sure they will sort it out.   

14 minutes ago, scottyr said:

Weird.   I have stayed there several times and have never had an issue.   

We did NOT get the sledders package though.   Just rooms and paid our food/booze bills at the restaurant.   

They have a few girls who speak English fluently.   Just give them a call and explain.    I am sure they will sort it out.   

X2

1 hour ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

Anyone planning on staying at the Amosphere in Quebec be sure to get a breakdown of your charges with the sledders package while checking in. I was charged double. Nearly puked hah. Even after talking to them on the phone with a language barrier they insisted the bill was correct. After finally getting an email of the bill and breakdown they did in fact charge me double. MasterCard stop payment. :)

By any chance were you the only person staying in your room?

31 minutes ago, lastzrt said:

Refuse to answer on the grounds you may incriminate yourself! lol

Is there a 'ballet studio' in Amos?

@30cal4me

1 hour ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

By any chance were you the only person staying in your room?

Yes. They were wishy washy when the call was made to get the reservations even. Buddy had been there a few times before and the prices have been consistent. Not this time. 

And don’t get me wrong. They were very pleasant to deal and talk with. Tried my best French as I could with basic grade 9 level. Lol. They always smiled and appreciated that as well. 

11 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

Yes. They were wishy washy when the call was made to get the reservations even. Buddy had been there a few times before and the prices have been consistent. Not this time. 

I was wondering if "the package" was based on double occupancy and therefore the 2 charges. Just a thought.

18 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I was wondering if "the package" was based on double occupancy and therefore the 2 charges. Just a thought.

That’s what it appears. The first invoice didn’t really show it but then I received a breakdown of the bill and I was in fact charged more than they should have. 

Archived