Weekday riding around camp

reevester

Got to camp last night around 8 to -26c and got the fire roaring. Watched some football and hockey later than normal. Got up this morning to -31 and a brisk trip to the $hithouse. Did some stuff around camp like shovel around the outside and bury the lower walls for some insulation. Brought in a load of wood and load into the sauna and lit the sauna stove. 

Finally got the courage to head out just before noon at -24 for a shorter ride. Left the camp and headed to the Seguin. Ran the Seguin from bear lake to sprucedale and trail 704. Ran it to 711 and then 712 onto lake cecebee to C104D. Made my way to Magnetawan for a slice of pizza and pop. Ran back the same way to 711 via lake cecebee. Took the 706a towards burks falls and jumped on the doe lakes and back to the Seguin. Grabbed some gas at Kirk's and headed west on the Seguin to D trail. Ran the D trail south down to yearly and then back up and off into my camp. 

Nice 100 miles and was actually alot nicer out then the forecast with little wind and sunny. Going to do a bigger loop tomorrow and get out a bit earlier with some warmer temps. 6" of snow forecasted will really help fill in holes and make things even better.

hjIVs4y.jpg

S62NA0X.jpg

Where did you come off the lake to return to the Seguin? Gordon Dean and Compass Lake Rd?

13 minutes ago, Blake G said:

Where did you come off the lake to return to the Seguin? Gordon Dean and Compass Lake Rd?

Follow the tracks behind the pit and dump. 

That's what I figured. Thanks. Was on Little Doe yesterday. Great conditions and lots of tracks.

Look like awesome weekend:roll:

2 hours ago, reevester said:

Got to camp last night around 8 to -26c and got the fire roaring. Watched some football and hockey later than normal. Got up this morning to -31 and a brisk trip to the $hithouse. Did some stuff around camp like shovel around the outside and bury the lower walls for some insulation. Brought in a load of wood and load into the sauna and lit the sauna stove. 

Finally got the courage to head out just before noon at -24 for a shorter ride. Left the camp and headed to the Seguin. Ran the Seguin from bear lake to sprucedale and trail 704. Ran it to 711 and then 712 onto lake cecebee to C104D. Made my way to Magnetawan for a slice of pizza and pop. Ran back the same way to 711 via lake cecebee. Took the 706a towards burks falls and jumped on the doe lakes and back to the Seguin. Grabbed some gas at Kirk's and headed west on the Seguin to D trail. Ran the D trail south down to yearly and then back up and off into my camp. 

Nice 100 miles and was actually alot nicer out then the forecast with little wind and sunny. Going to do a bigger loop tomorrow and get out a bit earlier with some warmer temps. 6" of snow forecasted will really help fill in holes and make things even better.

hjIVs4y.jpg

S62NA0X.jpg

So, how fast is that 850. Polaris has always been better than the rest at getting their power to the track and I suspect this one will be no different. Must be way faster than the old cat.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

So, how fast is that 850. Polaris has always been better than the rest at getting their power to the track and I suspect this one will be no different. Must be way faster than the old cat.

Yeah it certainly is faster. 108-110 on the lakes with snow and 119 on the dreamometer 114 on gps on icy backroad straight stretch. 

16 minutes ago, reevester said:

Yeah it certainly is faster. 108-110 on the lakes with snow and 119 on the dreamometer 114 on gps on icy backroad straight stretch. 

114 is pretty good, bet there is some more to be ha once everything loosens up.

25 minutes ago, gtserider said:

Well he did check his oil lines----------------

Oh christ, lets not get into that. Like everything that has a small issue, the internet blows it up into a big deal. One sled burns down and suddenly they are all junk.

1 minute ago, zoso said:

Oh christ, lets not get into that. Like everything that has a small issue, the internet blows it up into a big deal. One sled burns down and suddenly they are all junk.

Hey I got 10k miles on a skidoo triple,they all  go  through cranks right! problems are solved easily when you talk to right people and ask the right questions.

Just now, gtserider said:

Hey I got 10k miles on a skidoo triple,they all  go  through cranks right! problems are solved easily when you talk to right people and ask the right questions.

They all break, mine has close to 60k kms on it, engine runs as new, clutches and suspension, well they keep getting rebuilt.

Just now, zoso said:

They all break, mine has close to 60k kms on it, engine runs as new, clutches and suspension, well they keep getting rebuilt.

I( got lucky.Sledded with the skidoo rep for years. This was before the Isofex fiasco

Well your Barney is well built unit.Not light not fast not pretty..but good for the long run.Some sort of comment comes to mind.

Glad you got some snow,we have none in 10 days----29.9 presently

14 minutes ago, zoso said:

All the Suzuki outboards I deal with have been flawless. Glad Mercury doesn't make snowmobiles

4 minutes ago, gtserider said:

I( got lucky.Sledded with the skidoo rep for years. This was before the Isofex fiasco

Well your Barney is well built unit.Not light not fast not pretty..but good for the long run.Some sort of comment comes to mind.

Glad you got some snow,we have none in 10 days----29.9 presently

Everyone says they are not fast. Mine will do an honest 170kmh on hard pack roads and on softer trils 155 is tops. most that say they are not fast have never been on one. It kills the cat 600 in the same chasis and is very close to the 800 of the same year.

7 minutes ago, zoso said:

Everyone says they are not fast. Mine will do an honest 170kmh on hard pack roads and on softer trils 155 is tops. most that say they are not fast have never been on one. It kills the cat 600 in the same chasis and is very close to the 800 of the same year.

With that kinda millage are there valve issues and such that most people ignore? Lash and such, 4stroke Outboards usually have other issues before the motor blowup.

9 minutes ago, gtserider said:

With that kinda millage are there valve issues and such that most people ignore? Lash and such, 4stroke Outboards usually have other issues before the motor blowup.

I check my own valves. Never have they had to be adjusted. they are shims. I checked first at 9k kms again at 20, then at 30 and then at 55. I am no longer going to bother. it takes three hours.

Find a different thread for this nonsense about boat motors. 

5 hours ago, reevester said:

Find a different thread for this nonsense about boat motors. 

calling for rain tomorrow:cry2:

7 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

10-15 cm here then freezing rain. Only gets up to 1 here. Forecasted for -26 last night and it was -32 here.

7 minutes ago, 04nightfire said:

Just saw that 10-15 mm of rain, Jesus Christ crazy weather we are having.

22 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Just saw that 10-15 mm of rain, Jesus Christ crazy weather we are having.

I don't see any trails opening in my area this year

Just now, 04nightfire said:

I don't see any trails opening in my area this year

Crazy buddy, am starting to think the same in mine. I guess loosing the swing bridge isn't such a big deal this year lol.

45 minutes ago, Nunz said:

Crazy buddy, am starting to think the same in mine. I guess loosing the swing bridge isn't such a big deal this year lol.

So far it's worked out great.  Unless February takes a major 180 in the snow department, might as well just pull the groomers back into the garage

Archived