big Storm. how much u gettin?

zoso

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A whole 2 inches in n Vaughan.  Everyone firing up their snowblowers.

Looks like 5-6" in Oshawa. 

2" in Apsley as per the snow stick

1 hour ago, gtserider said:

Well it all fell in Hamilton/Stony Creek. Reports of 60cms.

Crazy to think that if only that storm tracked 100km north of Hamilton we could be out riding from home.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

A whole 2 inches in n Vaughan.  Everyone firing up their snowblowers.

I had just glanced at the driveway near my truck and thought not much at all. Then I got out there and found most of the driveway had blown in to mid calf deep. I broke down and got the blower out. I did a couple of neighbouring driveways while I was at it

Sun is out and -30 here.

Beautiful day to stay inside.

Snow has finally stopped. hard to say what we got, but it is plent. Drifting and in some spots on the property it is 2 feet deep, others only 6 inches. I would guess 30 cm in totl fell. Still cold at -16 but warming up in a couple of days with more snow to come. The snow that fell is pretty light, and a warm up should actually help as long as it does not rain,. Trails here will be open once they are groomed, most likely by tuesday.

2 hours ago, 02Sled said:

I had just glanced at the driveway near my truck and thought not much at all. Then I got out there and found most of the driveway had blown in to mid calf deep. I broke down and got the blower out. I did a couple of neighbouring driveways while I was at it

Took me less than 5 mins.

11 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I wonder why the 4 day delay to show on the ITG??

Saturday to Tuesday is 4 days. That's what the club said on FB. 

Saw a bunch of riders out, I guess FB is the new go-to for trail status. Glad I didn't wait for the OFSC to give the go-ahead! Had a great ride, about 120k.

Total of about a foot of snow here. Delightful, except the blessed snowblower was locked up. First time I've needed this year.

Starter just made a loud buzz. Pull start wouldn't budge. 

I pointed the heat gun at the block under the starter, and put the sled cover over it in the garage. 

I got the thing moving after 2 hours. 

Northbound @ the tunnel to the Ganny. Nobody parked @ the top of Enterprise Hill today. A few tracks in the snow on either side of the tunnel.

358328724_GannyTunnel.thumb.JPG.34a127217bf9473d2b7944140160bdee.JPG

14" on the snow stick & still snowing @ noon.

Getting a nice blast here in Port sydney

We got 3-4" in Oshawa and lots of rain happening now.

We got 2 or 3 inches here.

Cleared the driveway with the blower, and then the rain started.

Now have a driveway that looks like a skating rink, except it's on a 35 degree decline to the road!

Think I'll be staying put for a while.

16" on the snow stick when it switched to rain. 

Pics to follow. 

A bit of moisture then cooler temps should be good.

I was thinking about taking the bravo out down the street and back but I’m pooched! Beer is tasting really good right now! 12hrs of pushing snow in the south this morning, finally something worth pushing. About 6-7” fell on us today. Had 3” at 3:30am, then another 3-4” by noon. Raining now though. Hopefully we get the 15-20cm that’s forecasted for Monday. Just might be able to leave from home after all this season. 

20190123_143652-1.thumb.jpg.d445b0c1155a4664bc05a659bb9edfa6.jpg

More accumulation in this 'event' than the horrible 1 that was supposed to hit the province on the weekend.

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

20190123_143652-1.thumb.jpg.d445b0c1155a4664bc05a659bb9edfa6.jpg

More accumulation in this 'event' than the horrible 1 that was supposed to hit the province on the weekend.

Not here, we got well over a foot out of the last one and today only about 6 inches. right now freezing drizzle. 

A surprise 29cm out of the 10-15 forecast  and another 25+ today. 

Then here comes the rain. 

Archived