Really????????

KearneyCookhouse

3 hours ago, crispy said:

Read my earlier posts, of course I support the law. I dont support abusing the law and I dont support ANY ideological abuses done under the name of the law nor any constitutional violating efforts by any government. Litter is a simple law that infants and toddlers are taught and no one living in Canada does not know its wrong. NO ONE.

Big difference over a cool sounding exhaust can. In that thread the one guy mentioned the kid up the street with a can who came ripping down looking forward to riding with him as "if he was doing nothing wrong" and on those fronts? Where perhaps ignorance and tolerance combined with OUR efforts to educate? No police, I do not support running these kids through the legal system.

Litter however, is disgusting and seldom policed. No land owner appreciates garbage lying on the ground after the thaw. Heck I even pick up strange peoples litter I find on my adventures. Cant stand it really its so utterly disrespectful. So yes I stand and shake my head and will gladly watch cops bust ANYONE who litters. No complaints here

It was a joke..settle.

Yup, jokes, silly photos, and more jokes.  I agree with a previous post.  No one with a serious bowel problem ever has to take one on the road.  the odd leak in a forest is never a problem,   Keep joking about it, and when next year or the next year comes and you lose more trails due to disgusting behavior, enjoy riding down main roads with all the cars and trucks, remember you could of been the solution to this problem.  What solution?  Well maybe remind and firmly remind riders in your groups to pack it out, use toilets at beginning and end of rides.  When you stop to take a break maybe pick up a few bits of garbage and take it back with you.  There are lots of break spots on the trails.  Take a good look around, see all those oil containers, cig packages etc.  Pick them up, clean up and report.  If everyone keeps the trails clean and tidy it might keep the landowners happy.

You're pretty much preaching to the choir on here. I've sledded with at least 50 people from this forum, and not once have I seen the objectionable behaviour to which you refer. Except the part about questionable jokes. That I have seen.

21 hours ago, zoso said:

Better than this in front of your house..SAM_4159.thumb.JPG.3f5b785d6a15ebd30a0a2a08f877ff67.JPG

We've seen guys taking a leak during the summer across the street in the drug store parking lot after it has closed.

On 1/19/2019 at 7:50 PM, KearneyCookhouse said:

Was in town today at Fetterleys, drove home, made a left on Rain Lake Road at the LCBO.  A lot of nice homes in this area,  sleds on the side of the road having a toilet break on the very small area between the houses just before the turn off to the Legion.  Walking distance to Suds or the Legion,  absolutely no excuse for this type of behavior.  Trails over private land keep getting shut down, Sledders blame the ATV season, ATV people blame the Sledders.  Owners are fed up with toileting, baby wipes everywhere, water bottles, oil and other vehicle additives, cigarette packs, gum and snack wrappers.  The toileting is the worse.  Guys stopping en masse in a residential area having a leak is absolutely disgusting.  No wonder landowners shut down trails over private property.  Something has to be done before you lose all your private trails..

Did you stop and say something to them?

26 minutes ago, KearneyCookhouse said:

Yup, jokes, silly photos, and more jokes.  I agree with a previous post.  No one with a serious bowel problem ever has to take one on the road.  the odd leak in a forest is never a problem,   Keep joking about it, and when next year or the next year comes and you lose more trails due to disgusting behavior, enjoy riding down main roads with all the cars and trucks, remember you could of been the solution to this problem.  What solution?  Well maybe remind and firmly remind riders in your groups to pack it out, use toilets at beginning and end of rides.  When you stop to take a break maybe pick up a few bits of garbage and take it back with you.  There are lots of break spots on the trails.  Take a good look around, see all those oil containers, cig packages etc.  Pick them up, clean up and report.  If everyone keeps the trails clean and tidy it might keep the landowners happy.

Littering in general, has become a serious problem everywhere, and not just on the trails....difference of course, most sledders are trying to preserve our name and mitigate the number of times it is referred to as mud or a nuisance to society.

Taking a leak as well, in not so ideal locations, is nothing new.....but again, damage control of the sport is a priority to some.

I like to think there are fewer that do these things than those that don't.....but I really wonder about that sometimes and perhaps it is the other way around..... 

14 hours ago, zoso said:

Right in your pants, or do you wear depends?

I like the warm squishy feeling on my butt cheeks on a cold day, so what??

16 hours ago, stoney said:

Littering in general, has become a serious problem everywhere, and not just on the trails....difference of course, most sledders are trying to preserve our name and mitigate the number of times it is referred to as mud or a nuisance to society.

Taking a leak as well, in not so ideal locations, is nothing new.....but again, damage control of the sport is a priority to some.

I like to think there are fewer that do these things than those that don't.....but I really wonder about that sometimes and perhaps it is the other way around..... 

I agree. We need some good focused campaigns on this again. So sad that the only "environmental" efforts the governments put forward take our money and make pollution a very serious income stream. Double bad.

Bring back Woodsy!!!!

woodsyowltop.jpg

56 minutes ago, crispy said:

I agree. We need some good focused campaigns on this again. So sad that the only "environmental" efforts the governments put forward take our money and make pollution a very serious income stream. Double bad.

Bring back Woodsy!!!!

woodsyowltop.jpg

I liked the crying Indian.Related image

On 1/19/2019 at 10:51 PM, zoso said:

Better than this in front of your house..SAM_4159.thumb.JPG.3f5b785d6a15ebd30a0a2a08f877ff67.JPG

Probably best to leave that there and pick it up later after it has frozen. 

1 minute ago, 2strokemerc said:

Probably best to leave that there and pick it up later after it has frozen. 

That was a long way from any place with a washroom, like 1/2 n hour ride. I find it funny that some on here think you should crap on demand before you leave even if you do not have to go, or hold it when you cannot. There is nothing wrong with crapping in the bush like the OP seems to think there is, I guess he has never ridden up north.

1 hour ago, zoso said:

That was a long way from any place with a washroom, like 1/2 n hour ride. I find it funny that some on here think you should crap on demand before you leave even if you do not have to go, or hold it when you cannot. There is nothing wrong with crapping in the bush like the OP seems to think there is, I guess he has never ridden up north.

Yea nothin wrong with takin a crap in the woods but don't do it on someones property o right on the trail. When you gotta take a dump when your on the 401 do you go on the shoulder?

4 minutes ago, atventure said:

Yea nothin wrong with takin a crap in the woods but don't do it on someones property o right on the trail. When you gotta take a dump when your on the 401 do you go on the shoulder?

Off the trail in the trees would be a much better place than in the middle of the trail.

10 minutes ago, atventure said:

Of course not. this is just common sense. The OP however seems to think taking a crap in the bush is wrong. 

1 hour ago, zoso said:

Of course not. this is just common sense. The OP however seems to think taking a crap in the bush is wrong. 

I think ATVVENTURE has craped in the woods more than once,I lock my public bathroom when canoers come in.F2ck them you have been shiting in the woods for a week.you want to use my toilet paper and septic system.And complain that I don't have the right granola bar, Should be in the rant section.

3 hours ago, zoso said:

Don't bears & the Pope do that?

13 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Don't bears & the Pope do that?

Is that where the expression  "Holy Crap" Came From?:rotflmao:

2 minutes ago, zoso said:

The pope uses his hat

Which 1, his beanie or the fancy pointy hat?

41 minutes ago, gtserider said:

I think ATVVENTURE has craped in the woods more than once,I lock my public bathroom when canoers come in.F2ck them you have been shiting in the woods for a week.you want to use my toilet paper and septic system.And complain that I don't have the right granola bar, Should be in the rant section.

Remember the Tim's when they wouldn't let the girl used the washroom.  Lol.

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Remember the Tim's when they wouldn't let the girl used the washroom.  Lol.

I do let some of counselor type girls use it,when they put there head down and say please .I just say read the sign about putting things down the toilet.Sewage ejection pumps don't like what I call white rats.Do a couple a year,between going to town for a pump and cleaning the mess up it's an expensive job.Usually on a girls weekend so the company isn't so bad.

This thread is getting too shi__y so here's something to lighten it up:

14 hours ago, gtserider said:

Lmfao, in the fall i did a 10 day solo canoe fishing trip in algonquin park.. over 250km and 40 portages traveled.. you bet i crap in the woods haha but you wont find any pics of me doin it.. (that i know of) :rotflmao:

3 hours ago, atventure said:

Lmfao, in the fall i did a 10 day solo canoe fishing trip in algonquin park.. over 250km and 40 portages traveled.. you bet i crap in the woods haha but you wont find any pics of me doin it.. (that i know of) :rotflmao:

See eye in the sky. lol

Archived