Quebec Free Weekend

carman80

How many no starts this morning? Perfect Quebec free weekend weather...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ontario had a cold snap on it's Freeloader weekend, not too long ago. 

Probably be a bunch of no starts this weekend, 40 below all over the place. Our friends touring in Northern Quebec must be loving this...

28 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Probably be a bunch of no starts this weekend, 40 below all over the place. Our friends touring in Northern Quebec must be loving this...

that's damn cold even for the big coat

-40 C lines up with -40 F

Mostly no starts today in Amos. Sleds were being towed into the warm up shack after it was empty. No 4 strokes would start. Buddies 800 Adventure Poo had no issue. My 2 pull kitty fired right up like a champ! Police are out. Was stopped twice today. Once leaving Amos and again while returning by the same police. First time wasn’t a hassle. My mirror fell off the side of the sled but they were cool because we are from Ontario and it’s not required but was happy to see my hand mirror. On the way back they checked all my papers and the freeloader print out of registration for the weekend. Just me. Not the other two sleds because they have affixed mirrors on the windshields. Bloody cold out. 

Yesterday we spent 6 hours getting a yammy 4 stroke started at Trout Lake in Quebec. My 600 arctic cat started in 2 pulls.. no prob - this morning as well

40 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

2 850s, a 1200 and a 600 all good. No issues this am in Rouyn noranda..:ehh:...-40 this am...

-38 without windchill when i fired mine up this morning in Temiskaming. 2 pulls.

28 minutes ago, atventure said:

-38 without windchill when i fired mine up this morning in Temiskaming. 2 pulls.

There is just bit of compression difference between a little ol 600 twin compared to an 850 2s or 1200 4s. 

2 hours ago, atventure said:

On a scale of 1 to 10(horrible) please rate the 10 Kms of plowed A102Q.

I presume the Voyageurs Club Trail Patrol and QPP were out in full force even with the extreme cold.

1 hour ago, bbakernbay said:

I presume the Voyageurs Club Trail Patrol and QPP were out in full force even with the extreme cold.

Hey Brian - not sure about A102Q as I never rode it. We started in Swisha, went North to Trout Lake, then West to Temiskaming (mechanical issues along the way from Trout to T-Mang) so I ended up helping my buddy recover his sled over night, then I picked mine up this morning on the trailer.

Also just so everyone knows the 800 ctec 2 high country started in 3 pulls both mornings.

We seen 3 guys tugging on a polaris dragon 800 trying to get it to fire :lol: (this sled died later in the day and had to be recovered as well).

4 hours ago, reevester said:

There is just bit of compression difference between a little ol 600 twin compared to an 850 2s or 1200 4s. 

Oh come on I could pull over a 4 stroke 1200 with 1 arm no problem at -50 :rotflmao:

4 minutes ago, atventure said:

Hey Brian - not sure about A102Q as I never rode it. We started in Swisha, went North to Trout Lake, then West to Temiskaming (mechanical issues along the way from Trout to T-Mang) so I ended up helping my buddy recover his sled over night, then I picked mine up this morning on the trailer.

Also just so everyone knows the 800 ctec 2 high country started in 3 pulls both mornings.

We seen 3 guys tugging on a polaris dragon 800 trying to get it to fire :lol: (this sled died later in the day and had to be recovered as well).

Thank you, glad to hear you managed well in the extreme cold.  Was the QC trail heavily travelled even in the cold?

8 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

Thank you, glad to hear you managed well in the extreme cold.  Was the QC trail heavily travelled even in the cold?

It was my first time ever snowmobiling in Quebec and it seemed dead. I'd say an average 'busy' weekend on A/D just north of N.B. would be considerably busier on average than we seen. Didn't see a single police officer or trail patroller. We rode over 300km on the first day and did not even pass a SINGLE sled ALL day.

I'm not sure if it was our route or what but the trails were all freshly groomed but pretty shitty with branches and bad bumps everywhere. In the 500+km we rode I'd say less than 25km of trail was in 'great' shape.

Also $2.50/litre for fuel does not at all excite me along with very small $50 meals.

6 hours ago, zoso said:

ya but you have girly arms, so there is that.

I'll piss on your bushes well you hide inside. :lol:

8 hours ago, reevester said:

Just so you know, the 850 Doo is the single easiest engine I've ever pulled on.  Those roller bearing cranks are a dream to start.  An 800 etec with 2 plugs out is stiffer at 40 below. 

20 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Just so you know, the 850 Doo is the single easiest engine I've ever pulled on.  Those roller bearing cranks are a dream to start.  An 800 etec with 2 plugs out is stiffer at 40 below. 

Maybe I ment the poo...I'll test tomorrow lol

There was little to no traffic in and around Amos this weekend. The Amosphere lot was practically empty. It was difficult to ride for prolonged periods. A 3 hr loop is all we managed today. Strong winds out of the north all day. The trails were fantastic non the less. Was waved over by police again today in the same spot just outside of Amos. Wanted all our papers. No big issue. The Cat ran well non the less aside from the cooling issue the chassis is plagued with. Ice build up was constant because of the frigid temps. Quebec is beautiful to ride and I hope to make it back with slightly warmer conditions. 

7 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

Brian, we chatted with a group at the Tem Rose when we got back to the truck and trailers today, that had rode over from North Bay for lunch, and they said that section was rough rough rough...

6 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

And yes Qpp where out in full force, just ask the flying Dutchman how that went.. Coming down from Angliers today, they even took pictures of sled #'s to run on computers.....

Your registration numbers??  I know there not really fans of custom numbers there.

Archived