Orrville to Burk's Falls?

SkiDooStu

Any chance of some limited riding this weekend? I'd be starting at the cottage on Lake Manitouwaba near Orrville and heading toward's Burk's Falls where I hear there is more snow. Of course, I'm not expecting good conditions, just want to get some riding in (safe riding of course.)

This is the trail report from the Burks Falls Club as of Saturday.

We are in the process of clearing the trails and filling washouts. Water levels in lakes, creeks and swamps are still to high to even attempt to cross. Water levels are dropping and we see no reason that most trails won't be open for next weekend. There will be some snow needed to allow for road travel as they are still bare!

Unless they get significant snow this week I doubt there will be much decent riding by this weekend. Even if the trails are ridable in the Burks Falls area just getting there might be a challenge.

Is the seguin trail bare at this point? There is a bit more snow expected this week, and there should be some lake effect that follows too when the arctic air moves in.

Has anyone seen Lake manitouwaba? I imagine it's pretty solid again as it's such a small lake.

So my girlfriend and I will definitely be coming up this weekend. I think our little lake should be nice and frozen by then, but I won't chance it unless I'm sure.

Here's hoping the seguin will be ok at least. Just want to really introduce her to snowmobiling for the first time.

Wildbill are you open on Saturdays or Sundays? I might come by to grab a belt for you for a 1999 MXZ 600. Mine is starting to shred a bit. It's an old belt but maybe you could check the clutch alignment for me?

So my girlfriend and I will definitely be coming up this weekend. I think our little lake should be nice and frozen by then, but I won't chance it unless I'm sure.

Here's hoping the seguin will be ok at least. Just want to really introduce her to snowmobiling for the first time.

Wildbill are you open on Saturdays or Sundays? I might come by to grab a belt for you for a 1999 MXZ 600. Mine is starting to shred a bit. It's an old belt but maybe you could check the clutch alignment for me?

Just read wildbill what you wrote, yes we are open on Saturdays and Sunday's as well. Drop by and we will be happy to help you out.

I was up to Lake on the weekend and was pleased to see about 8" of new snow.

The lake is being travelled.

We took the roads down to Orrville and headed out the Seguin for lunch at Searles on Hwy 11. On our way back the groomers were out. Only a few minor washouts. Trails were in good shape so they should be decent next weekend.

Sandy

We are on Manitouwabing and our end of the lake down to the river at Centre Rd had been travelled. Ice huts are out but I noticed not much lake travel at McKellar. Didn't see any tracks on McKellar lake yesterday on our way home.

Horseshoe Lake was also well travelled. Given the cold weather things should be better next weekend.

Archived