sled as house renovating tool....from newfoundland

slomo

Rogue snowmobile escapes husband, smashes through house and lands on wife

Porterville man says he can replace the machine, but not his wife

On Tuesday, Porter had been having trouble starting the machine, so he held in the throttle as he tried again. The throttle stuck and the machine took off on a 100-metre dash directly towards a snowbank in front of his house in Porterville, not far from Lewisporte.

"She lifted up, came in through my dining room window, actually took the chandelier and hit the ceiling."

"If God was going to give me a miracle, he would have turned the machine away. But sometimes he's got special ways of getting our attention."

article:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/bruce-porter-porterville-skidoo-runaway-1.4981592

Related - earlier story....

A tale of the runaway snowmobile, and the people who chased it

As the snowmobile approached Pasadena, an unmarked Royal Newfoundland Constabulary officer nudged the machine off the road, causing it to hit a snowbank — ending its 12-kilometre adventure.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/a-tale-of-the-runaway-snowmobile-and-the-people-who-chased-it-1.2988616

• Haha 2

Yikes.

I had an incident with my (expletive deleted) 440 TNT back in the day. 

Throttle cable got pinched in a tight right hander, and I took my leave JUST before it hit a pile of construction waste and took air. 

One of my most vivid memories is that of watching it sail through the air,  and lodging it's self in my clapboard siding garage wall. 

About shoulder high, track spinning. 

If it happened last year, I'd have had a cell phone pic of it. 

At that time, I just wanted as much of the evidence hidden before the GF saw it. 

I worked at the oshawa flying club in the late seventies. Heard a couple of stories of pilots hand propping their planes, forgetting to block wheels. Was told plane took off on its own, circled until out of fuel and landed on its own.

Had my sled at the dealer for the new fuel tank recall. I had them replace the throttle cable while it was there. Pick it up, go to load it on the trailer turn right and the thing accelerates on its own. Lucky for me I hit the kill switch before anything else. I fixed the cable myself.

• 3 years later...

Yeah, I had a similar case when clearing snow near the house. Due to the fact that the snow cleaner jammed, he drove right into our living room. I don't even want to remember how angry my wife was. Even the glass was knocked out due to a strong impact, not to mention the huge hole in the wall. We had to call the architect from boutiquehomeplans.com so that he could solve this problem, and the wall was repaired as soon as possible. It was winter outside, so we didn't even have a choice to do it at some other time. I wouldn't want my whole family to get sick because of this case.

We had a sticky throttle cable on a indy 500 one time, turns out when the reverse kit was installed at the factory the throttle cable had been pinched a bit, luckily when it did stick we didn’t hit anything and no one got hurt