Yamaha steps up.

zoso

JAN / 2019

YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA LTD PARTNERS WITH THE OFSC TO LAUNCH NEW LANDOWNER RECOGNITION PROGRAM

The Ontario Federation of Snowmobile Clubs is pleased to announce a new partnership with Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd in support of its Landowner Recognition Program. Landowners who generously grant right of way to Ontario snowmobile trails make up a significant portion of the more than 30,000 kilometers of snowmobile trails enjoyed each winter. 

For the 2018/2019 season, the support of Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd will see 196 Yamabuck gift cards given to Snowmobile Clubs across the Province for distribution to landowners as part of their recognition programs.  

Beginning in September of 2018, proceeds from the Snowmobiling Ontario Open Golf Tournament generates the OFSC’s financial contributions to this program, and Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. Is generously matching funds raised during this successful event to extend the reach of our program. Gift cards will be provided to Districts, who will coordinate the distribution to their clubs. 

All of Yamaha’s 49 Ontario dealers are participating in the program, which will allow those landowners randomly selected from a draw by their local snowmobile club to utilize a Yamabuck at any Yamaha Snowmobile Dealer in Ontario. The certificate can be applied toward anything Yamaha sells, including; units, parts, accessories, apparel, oil and lubricants. 

“On behalf of snowmobile clubs across the Province, I want to thank Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd and the thousands of landowners who have generously allowed the use of their property for an OFSC snowmobile trail this winter. We look forward to continuing to build our Landowner Recognition Program into the future.” 

Ryan Eickmeier – Executive Director – OFSC

“Yamaha is very excited to support this program. Ontario’s trail system is the envy of the world but it doesn’t happen without key contributions from many different volunteer stakeholders, including landowners who grant right of way trail passage. This program is a small way for us to say thank you and show our appreciation to those who support snowmobiling.”

Bryan Hudgin - National Manager, Marketing – Yamaha Motor Canada

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the only people welcoming this would be landowners that use Yamaha products?

13 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I guess the only people welcoming this would be landowners that use Yamaha products?

potentially yes, but I think anything that manufacturers (or others) do for landowners isn't a bad thing.

19 minutes ago, revrnd said:

I suspect anyone could use it, oil is pretty much needed by anyone, and free oil is welcomed by anyone.

Or if the dealer could take it for payment towards 'aftermarket' gear.

9 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Guessing all OEM's are welcomed to participate in any fashion they choose. In the meantime; landowners can pick from a Piano to oil. Lets see BRP Doo that 

1 minute ago, ontariof7 said:

Guessing all OEM's are welcomed to participate in any fashion they choose. In the meantime; landowners can pick from a Piano to oil. Lets see BRP Doo that 

Maybe towards a Bombardier jet or street car? LOL

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

Got me there....However, Whoever the OEM is. Thanking land owners is huge gesture. 

Awesome gesture by Yamaha / OFSC.

26 minutes ago, revrnd said:

You could get an LRT train, just will be delayed by 3-6 years. :D

14 minutes ago, zoso said:

Not the same company.

I know just joking around. 

25 minutes ago, Sneaks said:

You could get an LRT train, just will be delayed by 3-6 years. :D

LMAO

47 minutes ago, ontariof7 said:

Got me there....However, Whoever the OEM is. Thanking land owners is huge gesture. 

It should be across Canada. Maybe this will shame the other OEMs into something similar. Landowners in Manitoba are no different than folks here.

3 minutes ago, zoso said:

really, I had no idea, I thought you were serious.

Isnt Bain Capital a big (or largest) shareholder of BRP stock?

Just got a little more proud of my chosen marque. 

Time for others, manufacturers, dealers, resorts, restaurants etc. to ante up. 

Sure would be nice to see OFSC step up to the plate and do something themselves for the land owners.   Slumlord term seems to come to mind.

2 hours ago, snowman said:

Sure would be nice to see OFSC step up to the plate and do something themselves for the land owners.   Slumlord term seems to come to mind.

They (the OFSC) already do, through the clubs.

Our club put a BBQ on every year for the landowners, plus a CTC gift card.

All funded by OFSC

I carry Tim's cards for groomers and land owners I meet. 

Seriously, I'm in awe of people who own land and stick their neck out.

They are some kind and generous people. 

I know I wouldn't be bothered without some compensation.

There's just too many idiots out there these days, and nowhere near enough patrols.

Would be nice to see other OEMs step up as well.

They are the ones that benefit financially the most from this sport/hobby!

8 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

Would be nice to see other OEMs step up as well.

They are the ones that benefit financially the most from this sport/hobby!

The OEMs should be pressured into paying for ALL marketing of the trails. Without these trails sales would dry up in this province. OFSC trails are pretty much the sole reason people buy new sleds. If the trails were to disappear the used sled market would hold the ice fishermen for a decade or more and the manus would lose billions.

Archived