Quebec permit point of sale locations.

FrostyTheSnowman

26 minutes ago, Fabio said:

Awesome.. I’m sure you’ll have a great time up there as conditions should be great..

Me and Northstar were up there for a few days between Xmas and New Years, it was quite the trip, just over 1000k of everything that Mother Nature could throw at us, from snow to ice pellets to rain and then back to snow all in one day, temps went above 0 to -25 that same night..

This will be my first rip through Quebec and first ride in two years. Last year the conditions were so on and off in Ontario I didn’t get out. With that and work nothing added up to getting out. I’m excited and may be my only trailer trip this year. Hoping the south comes around in February. 

Make sure all the sleds have a mirror on the left side.  A mirror on your glove may not be good enough if you are stopped at an intersection by police.

50 minutes ago, FrostyTheSnowman said:

This will be my first rip through Quebec and first ride in two years. Last year the conditions were so on and off in Ontario I didn’t get out. With that and work nothing added up to getting out. I’m excited and may be my only trailer trip this year. Hoping the south comes around in February. 

Take pics and let us know how it goes. Not sure if you have the mobile app but it’s a great tool to have, way better than the one we have for Ontario. 

Esso down by the river sells FCMQ permits in Temiscamingue

8 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Mirror on your glove is for sure not acceptable, must be mounted to the left side of your sled (stick on convex will do)

All sleds have mirrors but mine. Either a stick on convex (not my preference to stick crap on my sled) or a clip on ATV handle bar mirror will go on the left. Thanks folks. Will try to get some nice pics despite the chill in the air. 

1 hour ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Foamy adhesive on them is not all that bad to remove later but yes sticking onto the sled goes against the grain for me as well. 

As a visitor-never had a problem with the hand mirror-watch your speeding around Amos!

9 hours ago, Muskoka1 said:

As a visitor-never had a problem with the hand mirror-watch your speeding around Amos!

I do have a hand mirror and wish that would fly in the the case of being stopped and questioned but their regulations specify that it must be affixed to the sled. Rather just go the safe route. It’s not cheap to go in the first place. A fine as well would kinda suck. Only 10$ for a quick fix mirror. 

Trails are great in Quebec at the moment....mirror needs to be mounted forsure….hand mirror does not fly but saying that it will depend on officer...have a fun wkd...will be busy in the NE of the province forsure..

15 minutes ago, Lep said:

Trails are great in Quebec at the moment....mirror needs to be mounted forsure….hand mirror does not fly but saying that it will depend on officer...have a fun wkd...will be busy in the NE of the province for sure..

X2

Get your pass at the Esso on Rte 101 just across the border in Temiscaming (sp)

All I can say is, one on trip last year, sled with no mirror, owner was given a ticket / report while on another trip, rider with hand mounted mirror was ticketed, no talking the officer out of it in spite of his being an Ontario rider.

On 1/14/2019 at 6:42 PM, scottyr said:

We are the group of guys with the Skidoo Backcountrys and a Summit 154.   

I may be two doors down from you guys. Cat at the end on the east side. 

On 1/15/2019 at 8:57 AM, Muskoka1 said:

Me neither, and we have actually been stopped by the police as well......but as stated, it just takes one officer to not see things the same way as the last officer did.

On 1/18/2019 at 5:19 PM, FrostyTheSnowman said:

I may be two doors down from you guys. Cat at the end on the east side. 

Haha.   I talked to you and your buddy.   We were the guys drinking beer in the sled shed.   

14 hours ago, scottyr said:

Haha.   I talked to you and your buddy.   We were the guys drinking beer in the sled shed.   

That’s funny because I talked to a few other groups wondering if they were OC sledders and looking for a ScottyR. You were the only ones I didn’t ask. 

Archived