Coe hill bancroft area

remi

How are the trails around coe hil bancroft to madawaska to barrys bay?? Rode eganville to barrys bay t9 pembroke back to eganville yesterday was decent...was hoping to ride around cottage this weekend coming  coe hill to barrys bay and back

Ormsby Jct to Birds Creek has been better than points north.

A week ago Sun' just south of Quarry Rd:

1389326646_20190106_142650-1TOPESouthofBancroft.thumb.jpg.db35d9019884e422ed17dbc760cabba2.jpg

Southbound @ Spring Lake:

2066211699_20190106_162748SouthboundonTOPE.thumb.jpg.8b040371e581a77e96024269bc8c9e1e.jpg

Looks decent... mabey couple inchs then ice base??? ...hopefully she ll be good this weeknd...yesterdays trip was pretty decent .pembroke was rocks and tore to s$#t.   But thats to be expected by 5pm on a sunday

4 hours ago, remi said:

Looks decent... mabey couple inchs then ice base??? ...hopefully she ll be good this weeknd...yesterdays trip was pretty decent .pembroke was rocks and tore to s$#t.   But thats to be expected by 5pm on a sunday

A couple of spots where it was out in the open where you could feel the odd bit of gravel.

Everyone thinks you have to haul all the way to Bancroft to stage.

More specific to Bancroft area....I see MLSS 179 and 180 are still red. Any body in the area w update? They are usually some of first open, however I know Baptiste can be the last lake staked in the area as well. Thanks. 

Back from 2 days in Maynooth, breaking in the new sled and trying to get some riding in.

B106 from Maynooth to Whitney is beat, BAD. I have never seen mogals that size on a trail anywhere.

In the local clubs defense they were overwhelmed by the number of riders on the weekend, and they are grooming several of the less used trails in the area, particularly MLSS175 (one of my favourites)

Also E109 was not bad until you get within 10 miles of B106.

We did manage to get in approx 160 km on both days. Ran from Lake St Peter to Combermere and Barry's Bay on E109, then took B trail (good shape) to Madawaska, hopped on to MLSS175 for the run back to LSP.

Next day the same thing only in reverse (direction not reverse on the sled)

Lake St Peter is staked and in very good condition.

Hoping the club gets B106 groomed by the weekend, as we are headed back up next week.

a couple of pics

First is our camp near Maynooth, the second is E109 near Palmer Rapids

20190115_101528.jpg

20190115_143624.jpg

Archived