POLICE OUT TO MUFFLE MODIFIED SNOWMOBILE EXHAUST SYSTEMS

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

10 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My guess would be that having the SAE certification wouldn't generate more sales.

If you want to crank a few more ponies out of your turbo sled with a tune then you have to go to a more free flowing exhaust. If you can already buy a quieter than stock muffler at $400, how much more would you be willing to pay for the same muffler with an SAE stamp?

I am just saying that if the cops open your side panel, even though it it is quiet, you get a fine. Not saying it is right, just that it will happen. We need a change, with a db test at 24 inches at idle and 2500rpm  so this crap can be more fair to all

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, zoso said:

I am just saying that if the cops open your side panel, even though it it is quiet, you get a fine. Not saying it is right, just that it will happen. We need a change, with a db test at 24 inches at idle and 2500rpm  so this crap can be more fair to all

I agree. But the likelihood of the rules being rewritten is unlikely IMO.

2 hours ago, zoso said:

no way any change is made. Nobody cares about people that want aftermarket exhaust.

Yep.

"You know what they say about wishing in one hand..."

Apparently if you put a lock on the side panels of your sled the police cannot make you open them without a warrant.

2 minutes ago, atventure said:

Apparently if you put a lock on the side panels of your sled the police cannot make you open them without a warrant.

Why would that be any different than the trunk of your car? 

Besides, who is going to waste their day arguing with a cop instead of enjoying your ride unless of course you have something to hide that is illegal.

Just now, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Why would that be any different than the trunk of your car? 

Besides, who is going to waste their day arguing with a cop instead of enjoying your ride unless of course you have something to hide that is illegal.

Haha just going by what people were saying on facebook. I like to stir things up a bit :poke2:

I don't have a can and likely never will but if I did I would use it with the utmost respect for everyone around me. I would never brap it anywhere close to houses, never run WOT close to shore on the lake etc.. If I were to get stopped and fined I'd be pretty pissed. As far as I'm concerned if they are going to fine every single person they might as well start impounding every sled going over 100km/h and giving every single person going over 60 a $125 ticket.

BUT - Anyone riding a trail can like an ass-hole should be ticketed and anyone riding a mountain can should be banned from the trails PERIOD.

I ride a V8 with straight pipes and will set off car alarms in the night if I open it up and cops have pulled me over to tell me how nice it sounds... does that make sense?

3 hours ago, atventure said:

Haha just going by what people were saying on facebook. I like to stir things up a bit :poke2:

A lot of 'outhouse' lawyers on there.

4 hours ago, atventure said:

Install with tamper proof security fasteners. Just because you ride a sled doesnt mean you know jack squat about repairs and or the parts on it

20 hours ago, zoso said:

Track noise is nothing compared to exhaust.

zoso,

Sorry to not have clarified that I was referring to the way sound limits are set for new sleds.

The track noise at high speed is still the biggest component.

Have you ever been out by yourself and listened to the far off wine of a sled at high speed.  That is the track.

If the sled has open stingers, it is an amazing thing reserved for racing and I wear hearing protection myself.  

56 minutes ago, AC+YA said:

zoso,

Sorry to not have clarified that I was referring to the way sound limits are set for new sleds.

The track noise at high speed is still the biggest component.

Have you ever been out by yourself and listened to the far off wine of a sled at high speed.  That is the track.

If the sled has open stingers, it is an amazing thing reserved for racing and I wear hearing protection myself.  

Got it.

All this talk about cans & braaping around reminds me of something I read online years ago. Gas station was run by an old lady (no not the Shell in Barrys Bay LOL) & 1 day some throttle jockey comes in & braap braap braap braaps around the lot.

As he sat there waiting for the pump to open still w/ the braapung, I guess she came out & whacked the kill switch w/ her cane to shut off the sled...

Archived