How big of a trailer?

Baylaker

My brother just bought another sled and usually rides with his 2 buddies, so he’s looking at a 3 place 7’ wide...just not sure on how long to hold 3 137” sleds. 7x16’ with 2.5’ vnose is what he wants but not sure if it’ll work. My trailer is 7x12 with a 2’ vnose and holds 2 137”s with room to spare. 

Im thinking, but not sure...drive all 3 sleds in forward staggering them???

What his best bet? Thanks guys

My trailer is 14' with a 5' V nose, 7 ' wide.  I have had a 136 Vector, a 129 Apex and a 128 Apex jammed in.  Loaded from the front with the first and second sleds with the tracks on car ramps to allow more space.  I think I could fit three 137 if I had an additional 2 feet of box.  However, you are looking at only a 2 ft v nose so I would doubt it will work.

I would recommend an 18 foot trailer with the 2 foot v nose.

Call Scott or Dale Reinhart at Reinhart Trailers as they are the professional when it comes to sled trailers fitting and configurations 519-925-9131

I have a 14. open Triton trailer.  It holds 3, but is 101" wide.  I run 2 on the front, swing the arse ends to the outside, and run the 3rd up the middle.  I don't think you would get 3 on a 16' enclosed thats only 7' wide 

7 x19 with a 5 ft nose will not fit 3 137s staggered  in the same direction one needs to go in backwards , I have had 2 sleds forward and 2 backwards just fit in my trailer .  

47 minutes ago, northstar said:

7 x19 with a 5 ft nose will not fit 3 137s staggered  in the same direction one needs to go in backwards , I have had 2 sleds forward and 2 backwards just fit in my trailer .  

Really?  Did you load from the front or the back?  Did you try lifting the track up off the ground?  This allows the sled behind to come at least a foot further to allow room for the third.

Is the 19' including the 5 foot v nose?  My trailer is listed as 14 ft (PR 147) but that does not include the 5 ft v nose, so it is actually 19 feet inside length.

14 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

Really?  Did you load from the front or the back?  Did you try lifting the track up off the ground?  This allows the sled behind to come at least a foot further to allow room for the third.

Is the 19' including the 5 foot v nose?  My trailer is listed as 14 ft (PR 147) but that does not include the 5 ft v nose, so it is actually 19 feet inside length.

Really it was just a quit answer to Baylakers question about being able to just drive 3 sleds into a 19ft trailer + 5 ft v nose ,  didn t really want to get into a long circus act story about juggling things around , with a milk crate under the track to give clearance to another sled or taking one ski of to make room for another sled  , I guess you could also place an additional sled on the roof of the trailer . 

3 hours ago, Baylaker said:

drive all 3 sleds in forward staggering them??

2 hours ago, northstar said:

I guess you could also place an additional sled on the roof of the trailer . 

I actually laughed out loud reading this :)  I wouldn't be surprised if someone actually tried, as I've seen some pretty interesting pics on the net. ;)

7x14 plus 5' v nose is a tight squeeze but possible. Will need to have one forward one backwards and one more in the v nose. I would go with a bit longer like 7x21' or 23' including the v nose. Less messing around with loading.

19 hours ago, northstar said:

So a 7x18 with 2.5 vnose should work fine then I would think

I have a 7.5 x 16 Mission trailer.  I can pull the first two in, kick the tails out and back a third in.  3 - 137's will fit.  The two pulled in are not exactly side-by-side.  They are staggered, but there is room.  It seems the extra 6 inches of width makes a big difference.

42 minutes ago, Fergie said:

I have a 7.5 x 16 Mission trailer.  I can pull the first two in, kick the tails out and back a third in.  3 - 137's will fit.  The two pulled in are not exactly side-by-side.  They are staggered, but there is room.  It seems the extra 6 inches of width makes a big difference.

Does yours have a Vnose?

No Vnose on mine.

23 hours ago, Fergie said:

No Vnose on mine.

Are you lifting the back end of the 3rd on that you back in?  I've tried drawing that out and can't figure out how they would fit..  do you have any pictures? 

Thanks!

The back end does not need to be lifted.  The sled can be backed in pretty far between the other two sleds.  I know that the guys with the Triton 7 x 16 need to lift the third sled that is being backed in.  Like I noted earlier, it seems the extra 6" of width makes a big difference.  While the trailer is called a 7.5 x 16' it is a little longer than 16' as well.  Sorry I don't have any pictures to share right now.  Next time I load three I'll be sure to take a picture.

Many tend to try and keep with the narrow trailers for wind resistance, it makes a big difference, plus they used to be cheaper to buy, not sure any more.

I remember buying a car trailer and there was saving to buy the none 8' wide trailer....in the end I bought the 8' wide and glad I did, would have been too tight pulling a car in & out, but talking about the wrong application....

21 hours ago, Fergie said:

The back end does not need to be lifted.  The sled can be backed in pretty far between the other two sleds.  I know that the guys with the Triton 7 x 16 need to lift the third sled that is being backed in.  Like I noted earlier, it seems the extra 6" of width makes a big difference.  While the trailer is called a 7.5 x 16' it is a little longer than 16' as well.  Sorry I don't have any pictures to share right now.  Next time I load three I'll be sure to take a picture.

Interesting..  I have a 2 place trailer but when I was looking I was hoping to find something that I could also use for 3.  I didn't think the 7.5 x16 (I did come across one at the time, but I think may have been out of budget anyways) would hold 3.  Do you still need towing mirrors like with an 8 foot wide?  I'll likely eventually have a 3rd sled for the kids so already thinking ahead..

Thanks!

1 hour ago, paulslund said:

Interesting..  I have a 2 place trailer but when I was looking I was hoping to find something that I could also use for 3.  I didn't think the 7.5 x16 (I did come across one at the time, but I think may have been out of budget anyways) would hold 3.  Do you still need towing mirrors like with an 8 foot wide?  I'll likely eventually have a 3rd sled for the kids so already thinking ahead..

Thanks!

The mirrors are likely still a good idea as the trailer would still be wider than the truck. I always order my trucks with the optional trailer tow mirrors which are larger, further out and power extendable. I'm so glad I have them and wouldn't ever go back to the standard mirrors. They are only a couple of hundred $'s more.

• 1 month later...

Finally remembered to grab a couple pictures showing 3 sleds in my 7.5 x 16 trailer.  Two pulled in staggered and the third backed in.

C091EA31-5B18-4EF3-B347-DB77B30406B7.jpeg

Archived