I should have remembered!

Great day on the trails today! Got out by myself to test the new sled set up on my "go to" test trails.  Headed out from Pembroke at 09:30 and cruised up to Deux Rivieres. What a time on the 190 series (1,3,5,6&7)! I was giggling to myself out there.

The only heavy traffic was on my way back starting just after Deep River. Trails were still pretty good but groups were stopped everywhere. Passed through several and got distracted after crossing the road in Chalk River, seeing the group of three sleds that I had just talked to at Deep. Goosed the throttle and forgot about that first hill that drops away. I accidentally launched and then let go of the flipper. Nose dived and banged my helmet  into my GPS on a 4" Ram mount!

Startled the h!?$ out of me and put a 1" crack in my BV2S shield. Should have remembered that hill!  Covering 374 kms today and lost focus for 3 seconds. Lucky I didn't hurt myself. Guess I over did it a bit today, but couldn't help enjoying all the hard work the groomers did out there.

I think I know that hill. Trail splits for a bit? Took flying lessons myself there once. 

Glad it wasn't worse.

Archived