Gas - Nephton - Reid's Store

revrnd

After seeing this on the news last night, I wouldn't want to depend on it for gas:

https://globalnews.ca/video/4835303/reids-store-online

As good intentions the locals have, it's more or less @ the end of the road. Nothing beyond there to the mine site except for the western access to Kasshabog Lake.

Got gas there on the sleds many, many times but that was when we got snow and had good ice on Stony Lake

1 hour ago, barberch said:

Got gas there on the sleds many, many times but that was when we got snow and had good ice on Stony Lake

Are there are sources of fuel on Stoney? Is Stoney Point Marina open on Kasshabog?

Stoney point Marina have been posting their hours on Facebook the last couple of years. Have been generally Friday afternoon , Saturday and Sunday. Food and gas .

On another note, saw they have raised over 11,000 for Reid’s Store !  I didn’t believe when I saw it . 

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:30 PM, revrnd said:

Are there are sources of fuel on Stoney? Is Stoney Point Marina open on Kasshabog?

We always got gas at reids. Way back you could get gas at Carveth's marina but its been a long time.

11 hours ago, pt3189 said:

Stoney point Marina have been posting their hours on Facebook the last couple of years. Have been generally Friday afternoon , Saturday and Sunday. Food and gas .

On another note, saw they have raised over 11,000 for Reid’s Store !  I didn’t believe when I saw it . 

I believe it is up to $15K now.

Stopped at Reid's many times in the past

I have been gassing up there since the 70s. We would skip school and head out from Havelock . Make it to Reid’s for gas , the old girl would take a can of soup off the shelf and feed you lunch. Fill up your own sleds and walk into the store and tell her how much you owe her. Was there two years ago and they still worked on the honour system . I hope it works out for them. 

Archived