free trail ride date?

blackjack1

It always surprises me as the number of insured and plated sleds that do not buy a trail pass. I pay low insurance, under 300 bucks per sled, buy a validation sticker, maintain it to be reliable which costs a couple of hundred per year so am in for about 500 per season before the trail pass. Why in the world would I not add that extra 200 to the tab even if I only ride a few times it is worth it. I think the try our trails has run long enough. I am sure many plan around the two free weekends and may buy a two day as well. When I consider my cost to trailer 120kms, ride 250kms and have a meal to be 150 bucks, then it is a drop in the bucket even if I only ride a few days on the permit. Hell the daughter and I spent a week in QC skiing, the ski in out hotel at the resort was 300 per night, and that did not include wi fi access at 16 bucks per day, valet parking at 20 per day even if you do not see the truck for the week , plus meals and lift tickets at 70 bucks per day. I think for five days of skiing all in I spent over $3500 sledding is not over the top expensive, mind you skiing can be done for less as we stayed in an expensive hotel.

I am planning to take a new guy up over that weekend.

Almost had another new guy, but too busy at werk this season.

Option out yet on any wives...

I can see the permit being advantageous, but I would like to think that you would only git it once.

1 hour ago, Ox said:

I am planning to take a new guy up over that weekend.

Almost had another new guy, but too busy at werk this season.

Option out yet on any wives...

I can see the permit being advantageous, but I would like to think that you would only git it once.

I am sure that has been discussed, if not, good idea!

Those that live in province should have one chance to apply for it, those that are out of province, should not be limited to the number of times they use it.

There will always be creative ways to beat the system, but easy enough to put in place and not worry too much about those that choose to get creative and find workarounds.

Archived