Huron/Gbay LES Coming?

dirtybeacher

Every low lying area around here has running water. Not expecting any riding local for at least another 3-4 weeks if any at all this year. I will be shopping an enclosed trailer sleds and salt do not mix well.

24 minutes ago, zoso said:

Every low lying area around here has running water. Not expecting any riding local for at least another 3-4 weeks if any at all this year. I will be shopping an enclosed trailer sleds and salt do not mix well.

Same here. No frost in the ground, water lying in the fields. I was pulling stakes from my Christmas decorations today. Nothing was frozen.

My guess at this point is we wont open here. If we do it will be 1 or 2 weeks. The weather pattern seems to be much like last year. 1-2 weeks of cold with little or no snow then a warm up with rain.

If that;s how it goes, it will make it 5 years in a row with little to no snowmobiling here.

16 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Same here. No frost in the ground, water lying in the fields. I was pulling stakes from my Christmas decorations today. Nothing was frozen.

My guess at this point is we wont open here. If we do it will be 1 or 2 weeks. The weather pattern seems to be much like last year. 1-2 weeks of cold with little or no snow then a warm up with rain.

If that;s how it goes, it will make it 5 years in a row with little to no snowmobiling here.

I have to either commit to upgrading my trailer and sled, or get out of it. I was intending to buy a new sled, but since being in the south I decided to wait and see. Still not sure which way to go, but pulling a trailer 2 hours is a pain and after so many years with a 12 week season riding right from my garage it is very hard to be enthusiastic. 

3 hours ago, dirtybeacher said:

Believe it or not we still have frost in the ground here at south gbay, and with what looks like 2 days of potential of lake effect, things might turn around quickly.  :snow-141:

A68A3312-93B7-468A-BFA5-AA307EDAD062.jpeg

I hope their right but time will tell. I picked a good year to buy a trailer

16 minutes ago, GibsonNytro said:

Looks great! Where about's is the above picture?  Anyone have an Idea as to what has come down in the Port Severn area this week?

TIA

Pray harder, its dismal..

On 1/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, Blackstar said:

I agree.  Mitchell and area will be lucky to get 2 weekends in this season.     

25 minutes ago, gobills said:

Honestly, this sport I love it but really makes me think how much money just sits there not getting used for what's coming up to 10 months a year.  

Reminds me of a thread I started back in 2017...

http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/topic/17707-20000-snowmobiles-and-the-canary-in-the-coal-mine/

schmied provided the following graph!

Blue line is 2015-16. Red line is for 2016-17. Data was not available for 2017-18.

I hope schmied is keeping track of this year's data (I'm keeping track in case he doesn't).

schmied.jpg

2018-2019...

test.jpg

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Have you looked at all the red trails in Muskoka, likely the same.

Its January 10th relax. We are just getting the cold and need some snow. Still lots slowly open in muskoka. Give it another week and some squalls and everything will change.

Archived