Trails in and around Timmins

extreme600

8 hours ago, extreme600 said:

Exactly.  Geez if I new that picture would cause all these posts I wouldn't have posted it.  Lesson learned.  Make sure signs are correct before posting anymore pictures.

Back to the awesome trails in and around Timmins.  Looks like they are opening up  more trails in the area.  They received a lot of snow Wednesday!!!

Same reason people may not post pictures in general of riding, open a can that they rather not have....

I always enjoy seeing pictures, great to see pictures of people enjoying the sport.....especially as I find myself not enjoying the trails as much as I used too, so the pictures are always welcomed!!!  

9 minutes ago, stoney said:

Same reason people may not post pictures in general of riding, open a can that they rather not have....

I always enjoy seeing pictures, great to see pictures of people enjoying the sport.....especially as I find myself not enjoying the trails as much as I used too, so the pictures are always welcomed!!!  

9 out of ten videos people post, including some of the slow riding folks on here, show riding on the wrong side of the tril, or pictures showing sleds parked on a corner, one in this thread of that situation. Point is, we ll do crap, and sometimes the camera lies. For example, the photo posted in the thread show a rider parked right after a corner, seems like a silly thing to do, but we do not get the entire picture, that parked sled may be visible for 200 yards, we just do not know. Same thing with riding on the right, the sight line may be such that it is fine, hard to tell by the camera. But signage, well that is black and white.

58 minutes ago, zoso said:

9 out of ten videos people post, including some of the slow riding folks on here, show riding on the wrong side of the tril, or pictures showing sleds parked on a corner, one in this thread of that situation. Point is, we ll do crap, and sometimes the camera lies. For example, the photo posted in the thread show a rider parked right after a corner, seems like a silly thing to do, but we do not get the entire picture, that parked sled may be visible for 200 yards, we just do not know. Same thing with riding on the right, the sight line may be such that it is fine, hard to tell by the camera. But signage, well that is black and white.

And some of the professionally shot photography of snowmobiling that is out there shouldnt be used as examples either. 

Photographer/videographer sets up ON the trail rather than beside it. Passing sleds in shots have to ride by on the wrong side to pass.

2 minutes ago, revrnd said:

And some of the professionally shot photography of snowmobiling that is out there shouldnt be used as examples either. 

Photographer/videographer sets up ON the trail rather than beside it. Passing sleds in shots have to ride by on the wrong side to pass.

True, I suspect, or would hope that they have flag people on trail when they are doing this type of filming on our trails. Often times it is stated the shots were on a closed course with professional riders aboard. I thik this covers off the do not try this at home deal...

2 hours ago, zoso said:

True, I suspect, or would hope that they have flag people on trail when they are doing this type of filming on our trails. Often times it is stated the shots were on a closed course with professional riders aboard. I thik this covers off the do not try this at home deal...

I dont mean the 'action shots'. I was thinking of just video of trail riders either on the sledding shows or a news segment about how snowmobilers are happy the trails are open yada yada yada.

Archived