Urgent Nunz needs help

Wildbill

If anyone is in Cochrane Karen and I are both stuck in water on the east side of the Fredrickhouse river east side, we’ve put a call for help but will need muscle power to get us out.

This is the message that he posted on Facebook please help if you can 

If I was closer I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Dang!

Help got there and they are out in under 10 minutes!

This place is AWESOME!

Crickie, my chums that I ride with would likely let me sit longer than that - and they wouldn't even hafta come from anywhere... :blush:

So they just got stuck on slippery overflow?

Looks like that must be at least 30 klicks down stream from the dam?

25 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Glad everyone is ok and accounted for...

Screenshot_20190105-191942_Samsung Internet.jpg

Looks like fair warning

Thanks guys we are back safe and sound little scary to be stuck out there. Kenny and a bunch of guys came out to help us, we were both stuck pretty good. Again many thanks. 

Glad to hear you guys are OK! Reminds me of a couple of situations. A creek crossing near Earlton slushed up really bad after a major snowfall. We got to the crossing as a group of sledders splashed thru (bumper on last sled was under water). There was a couple standing beside their sleds, unsure of what to do. I grabbed a stick & started poking into the slush. It felt solid underneath, so I said to my buddy that we'll just pin it & hold on. Well we made it across.

30cal4me & the S-I-L were a day behind us. When we discussed it he described a stick in the snow, which was mine LOL

A couple of years ago we had the ice collapse on Eels Creek while we were out riding. When we departed the ice was fine. When we got back there was quite an ice heave where we got back on land. I got 1 of the sleds up & over it, but took the other the LOOOONG way around to get back to the house.

Hydro opened the dam and the  Fredrickhouse river flooded at the edges, groomer pushed the snow and we had to drive over a huge jump there was about a 50 watercrossing on the west side and we got stuck on the east side climbing back up in a pile of slush both sleds sank into it. It will be all fine by the am.

2 hours ago, IQ TURBO said:

Glad everyone is ok and accounted for...

Screenshot_20190105-191942_Samsung Internet.jpg

I had just been explaining to Karen what happens when the water comes up onto the ice ... failed to consider that snow would become slush. 

27 minutes ago, THE GOVERNOR said:

Nunz so others don't end up in a similar situation please lets us know how you ended up stuck?

Slush caused by water levels being higher... water spills up onto the ice. Usually the snow doesn't saturate full of water like this. 

11 hours ago, Nunz said:

Thanks guys we are back safe and sound little scary to be stuck out there. Kenny and a bunch of guys came out to help us, we were both stuck pretty good. Again many thanks. 

Couldn't find a car wash Nunz? ^_^ Glad things worked out.

Addendum-

Next time - accessible from trail:

moonbeam.JPG.4ffb82f03519890f8c3b41df3c43fd20.JPG

Archived