Are they grooming Muskoka?

J-Fly

Does anyone know if the groomers are out around Gravenhurst?

Trying to book a week ahead in hope that a few trails will open.

You'll need to book more to the north, unfortunately. 

Just not enough snow here yet

Around sprucedale and Kearney seem to be some of the only Muskoka area trails

• 3 weeks later...

Getting really close.

102D was not bad on Saturday north of Bala.  If Gravenhurst opens we may have a loop for the up coming Sno-Bomber weekend in Bracebridge

10 hours ago, J-Fly said:

Getting really close.

102D was not bad on Saturday north of Bala.  If Gravenhurst opens we may have a loop for the up coming Sno-Bomber weekend in Bracebridge

Not much snow here in Bracebridge/Gravenhurst-doing the best they can with little!

2 hours ago, J-Fly said:

This looks promising!C2A6F42B-96A3-4DDF-97CF-391D08A163C0.thumb.jpeg.784cd406c7bf29db809f7d41a5f5b24b.jpeg

Shud be good tomor.!

well the MLSTA is trying... will see how the next two days go for us.. "might" get back to yellow, so keep an eye on the guide

• 3 weeks later...

C102D and C114

After all the snow they  go yellow. Grooming issue?

I would like to try the trails into Bala. Anyone been south of Port Carling?

Edited by J-Fly

8 hours ago, J-Fly said:

C102D and C114

After all the snow they  go yellow. Grooming issue?

I would like to try the trails into Bala. Anyone been south of Port Carling?

SnowCrest just did D/N. of G'hurst!

Did the Magic tour yesterday (Feb 14) C101D from Gravenhurst to Bala was not in good shape, looks like it had not been groomed, slow riding lots of moguls. The status was yellow and looks like the northern part still is today.

I saw the Snowcrest groomer heading west through town, just after dark last night. 

On 2/15/2019 at 3:42 PM, Muskoka Bill said:

Did the Magic tour yesterday (Feb 14) C101D from Gravenhurst to Bala was not in good shape, looks like it had not been groomed, slow riding lots of moguls. The status was yellow and looks like the northern part still is today.

It was green today. The section from 17 to Bala was terrible. Mogul city. Hopefully a groomer hits it soon or again if it was done recently. 

I believe MLSTA may be currently dealing with a shortage of trained operators.

NOTE: There are ways to get from 17 to Bala with minimal use of C101D.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:52 PM, Snow Rider said:

It was green today. The section from 17 to Bala was terrible. Mogul city. Hopefully a groomer hits it soon or again if it was done recently. 

We were on it yesterday. My back is feeling it today. The top speed from Bala to 17 was about 20 kph. Lots of traffic, groomers can't be everywhere, so many possible reasons.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:09 PM, 02Sled said:

We were on it yesterday. My back is feeling it today. The top speed from Bala to 17 was about 20 kph. Lots of traffic, groomers can't be everywhere, so many possible reasons.

I hope I didn’t sound critical of the groomer operators and other volunteers. I know they are all working hard and their efforts are appreciated. 

Snow Rider, I agree some local trails were pretty beat up over the weekend. Sheer traffic.

Now today...a little better.

20190219_124322.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:16 PM, Snow Rider said:

I hope I didn’t sound critical of the groomer operators and other volunteers. I know they are all working hard and their efforts are appreciated. 

I didn't take it that way... Despite the very best efforts of the volunteers and groomer operators, especially on Family day weekend you are going to run into some less than ideal trail conditions. There's a multitude of reasons why a trail can be rough, high levels of traffic, out of service groomer and just too many trails to do them all every day.

• Like 1

I still say the deep paddle tracks help deteriorate the trails quicker. That with grabbing a handful out of each corner starts the ball rolling. I often don't understand why in the middle of the lake. Someone decides to do a hole shot and leave a two foot high mound of snow. That when I freezes solid would knock a person off their sled if you couldn't see it. 

• 4 years later...

Snowcrest is working on trails as we speak 

• Like 2

I'd bet baysville opens first in D7. Also they have a new warm up shelter!

IMG_8234.png

IMG_8233.jpeg

• Like 3