Mileage this season, so far...

Micar

On 1/19/2019 at 8:52 PM, 04nightfire said:

put 714 miles on in Cochrane this past week

How is the 900 turbo? If a 900T Backcountry is released I don’t think I could resist trading in my 900NA

25km early this morning packing some dog walking trails. 2085km to date and plan on doing some long days Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

Does the sled NEED a new track or you not happy what it's equipped w/?

The track is studded and has less than 750 Km.  I MUCH prefer the Ice Attak and its proven longevity.  I figure the current track has some resale value at this point, but that will decrease rapidly if I ride it.

56 minutes ago, Brodieman said:

How is the 900 turbo? If a 900T Backcountry is released I don’t think I could resist trading in my 900NA

25km early this morning packing some dog walking trails. 2085km to date and plan on doing some long days Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Sled is good.  Comfortable and power is great.  I did have a few issues with it and dropped it off at the dealer.  Steering froze up and had two times that the sled was dead when I went to start it.  Other than that I like the sled.

46 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

The track is studded and has less than 750 Km.  I MUCH prefer the Ice Attak and its proven longevity.  I figure the current track has some resale value at this point, but that will decrease rapidly if I ride it.

I was sure you had said the sled was older but had next to no miles on it. I thought it possibly had been stored on the ground & the track had deteriorated.

473 klicks

1000 miles.

802 miles as of tonight's ride

1800 kms

1100 km so far

just did my first 125 and it felt awesome !!!

168 of those today.

Going to take a week to find my d1ck !!!

It'll be there in the spring.

Broke the 500 mark today, 507 klicks.

Unfortunately, engine was just out for leaking crank seal (oil showing) under warranty, this was first ride since repair.

Late enough start to the season, not what I was hoping for on the first ride, missing a trip that was to have started tomorrow.

11 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Unfortunately, engine was just out for leaking crank seal (oil showing) under warranty, this was first ride since repair.

Late enough start to the season, not what I was hoping for on the first ride, missing a trip that was to have started tomorrow.

Talk about taking the wind our of your sail...

I assume the 2016 Polaris is the culprit.....I thought that last generation of POO 800's were pretty solid.

How quick will the second fix take.....or perhaps considering something else now?

Just over 2100 miles or 3400kms so far. 

9 minutes ago, stoney said:

I assume the 2016 Polaris is the culprit.....I thought that last generation of POO 800's were pretty solid.

How quick will the second fix take.....or perhaps considering something else now?

Did some research on the '16 Polaris 800's and found that they are very reliable as long as you turn up the oil pump 3 turns and replace the oil cap with an old school non check valve type. 3000 miles so far and all is good...

1 minute ago, Cuyuna said:

Did some research on the '16 Polaris 800's and found that they are very reliable as long as you turn up the oil pump 3 turns and replace the oil cap with an old school non check valve type. 3000 miles so far and all is good...

Little extra oil never hurts!

Damn Cats sure does like the oil!

I assume the cap replacement is to prevent a possible pressure lock in the system?

2 hours ago, stoney said:

Since issue went from oil leak to locked up couple miles after repair, suspect either they missed something when it was out for inspection or there was an assembly mishap. They've promised to have engine out and apart today. Shitty part, repair done under warranty late summer, warranty ran out in early Dec but first ride was last week so yes on pins n needles as to how this plays out.  Because seal leaking came out of the blue, opted to have done under warranty vs myself as I fully expected them to call when it was apart n say there was a crank bearing problem, report came back all is fine. Obviously it wasn't.

Beating myself up I didn't stick to my ride for two seasons and trade idea when I purchased this one. Up till now, been favorite sled and by a good margin.

Archived