Mileage this season, so far...

Micar

1 hour ago, Cuyuna said:

Did some research on the '16 Polaris 800's and found that they are very reliable as long as you turn up the oil pump 3 turns and replace the oil cap with an old school non check valve type. 3000 miles so far and all is good...

Unless you have a tuner that provides to increased oiling, being as it's an electric pump, no option to turn it up. Besides, oil usage is well along the lines of what you'd expect to see for decent engine life.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, stoney said:

Little extra oil never hurts!

Damn Cats sure does like the oil!

I assume the cap replacement is to prevent a possible pressure lock in the system?

Yes, the stock Polaris caps with the check valve were staying blocked leading to oil starvation due to the extreme vacuum after sustained running. I haven't seen this myself as I changed it out immediately, but there were a lot of reports about it.

Also have an older Cat 800 Suzuki and while it likes oil, it is bullet-proof. 

3 hours ago, ZR SLEDHEAD said:

Unless you have a tuner that provides to increased oiling, being as it's an electric pump, no option to turn it up. Besides, oil usage is well along the lines of what you'd expect to see for decent engine life.

My ' 16 800 Indy is the older design with the manual pump. That was definitely one of the reasons to go that way. Did not want to deal with ECU controlled oiling. 

Sorry to read about your issues Rick. If I had to miss a trip, that would be a heart-breaker. I hope you get things sorted out soon.

Carmen

Out 2 weekends. 2175 kms so far. 

1 hour ago, Redfire427 said:

Sorry to read about your issues Rick. If I had to miss a trip, that would be a heart-breaker. I hope you get things sorted out soon.

Carmen

Almost BTDT.

I was freaking out big time!

Sled got hit on Sun', picked up sled @ dealer Thu' night. Left for New Liskeard on Sat' morning.

28 minutes ago, Evil said:

Out 2 weekends. 2175 kms so far. 

4 days of riding?

8 miles between four machines and January is all but shot.. Just have not been able to get away as we book time in Feb. and March for longer trips north.

Emptied the shop and trailer on the weekend now that we are finally getting some snow and D9 is opening up for some local riding.

Snapped a pic of the  fleet in order of age. Going to burn some gas and get some miles on starting Thursday. Giddy up.

image001.jpg

21 hours ago, revrnd said:

4 days of riding?

3 days each weekend. Friday Saturday & Sunday 

7 hours ago, lastzrt said:

Will be in Wiarton Sat. am to shoot the rodent if he even thinks of predicting a short end to winter......

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Maybe 30calforme can hel you out with that. It certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings. 

I cant believe the turnout for that nonsense...

Denis will be there w/ his moose rifle

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

I had occasion a few years ago to attend the festivities in Wiarton.

I was working up that way at the time.

Anywho, it was a lot of fun, with a country fair sort of atmosphere. I believe that was the year Willie the First died and they introduced Willie the Second, or was it the Third?

If you evr get a chance to attend, it won't disappoint, unless the rodent predicts an early spring!

584 klicks

Wife and I just got back from a cold overnight trip adding 294 kms to my total of 2630 kms so far!

Hope to get some warmer temps, but will not complain and take the cold.

Put on 180 kms today. So that's 420 kms now. Might make it to 500 kms if there is snow again by the end of February.

Lunch in Markdale. All the road were closed in and out of town due to high winds. The popular sledder gas station was closed so we had to run the roads to the other end of town.

4F978B06-6321-496D-8804-CF5AFEFBE092.thumb.jpeg.d87059d019a045d2890d92a66711f777.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Put on 180 kms today. So that's 420 kms now. Might make it to 500 kms if there is snow again by the end of February.

Lunch in Markdale. All the road were closed in and out of town due to high winds. The popular sledder gas station was closed so we had to run the roads to the other end of town.

4F978B06-6321-496D-8804-CF5AFEFBE092.thumb.jpeg.d87059d019a045d2890d92a66711f777.jpeg

Hey, we were there today also. put 222km on. Yes also had to run to the other end of town to get gas. I think we saw you. we were a group of 4. This aft on way back from Owen sound to Mt Forest we rescued a couple from a section of blown in trail. We were running the field beside this blown in roadway/trail and i just got a glance of them. They had been stuck in the drifts for 2 hours. We helped them out of there onto tracks. 

IMG_20190131_110854.jpg

I'd be game for a rodent spree. I'd love to get a. 223 or a .22-250 for just such an occasion. 

I'm up to about 1200 km so far. Weekend temperatures look promising for a ride. I believe Evil is up here tomorrow. Maybe I'll see if I can keep up with her crew on Saturday....

39 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I'd be game for a rodent spree. I'd love to get a. 223 or a .22-250 for just such an occasion. 

I'm up to about 1200 km so far. Weekend temperatures look promising for a ride. I believe Evil is up here tomorrow. Maybe I'll see if I can keep up with her crew on Saturday....

That sounds like a dare to her LOL

45 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Hammer down my friend..

On 1/29/2019 at 9:22 PM, revrnd said:

Nothing to pick up after !!

Archived