GROOMER DOWN

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

Thank your local groomer. 

(I carry Tim's cards, but be creative!)

Glad they got out OK, (I heard there were 2 aboard) and that all comes out OK in the long run.

1 hour ago, Wildman said:

I wonder if the drag dug in and the power unit spun out on the bridge, looks like rubber tracks, if the power unit wasn't straight on the bridge,  this would happen quick

From the one picture it looks like the bridge doesn't line up straight with the trail. Not sure if that Husky had the joystick steering but I'm told that the steering reacts very quickly to minimal input. 

Below is a FB post from the North Bay Snowmobile Club from late last night.   Well done NBSC volunteers and everyone else who helped out in some way!

The last 24 hours have been very tiring for NBSC 
Thursday night at approx 7 pm, during a snow storm one of our groomers slid off a bridge approach & landed upside down in a creek.
Fortunately there were no serious injuries to the 2 operators 

We would like to thank
Adrienne Gamble at the OFSC
our OPP contact Marvin Miller 
Trans Canda Pipeline Corey Ragan
Robert Mantha - Bruman Construction
Bartletts Towing
The Velti's( for allowing us a short cut through their property) to be able to recover our sunk groomer
NBSC volunteers for showing up not only that night during a significant snow fall, but the day after to assist in the recovery effort.
In less than 24 hours we had our groomer out of the creek and delivered to The Shop Industrial for assesment.
A HUGE THANK we couldn’t have done this without your support!

22 hours ago, Ox said:

Showing hydraulic fluid in the crick no less. :(

If you take that pic down, I'll edit my post.

What say?

I'm confused by this post.  

5 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

I'm confused by this post.  

I believe Ox though I shouldn't be posting a picture in which it looks like what might be hydraulic fluid on the snow beside the groomer tractor. He was offering to edit out that part of his post if I removed the picture from my post.

23 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I believe Ox though I shouldn't be posting a picture in which it looks like what might be hydraulic fluid on the snow beside the groomer tractor. He was offering to edit out that part of his post if I removed the picture from my post.

:right_on:

I read on one of the Facebook reposts a comment from I think was a operator. 

Something to the effect of the drag possibly snagged one corner of the bridge, inducing a lateral thrust onto the rear of the groomer, pitching it sideways.

I understand that theory and believe it is a legitimate possibility, without saying it is the actual cause for the accident. I'm not saying it is the cause. 

I'm not going to speculate the cause. There are many possibilities and I am not ready to have people pass judgement on the operator based on wild guesses. It's not right.

The clubs are supposed to use environmentally safe hydraulic fliud

23 minutes ago, wrecker said:

The clubs are supposed to use environmentally safe hydraulic fliud

Veggie oil based?

Olive?

Well, it's red ....

Have heard of veggie/olive oil based cutting fluids, but not hydraulic.

Not that I pay much attention to that app of course. 

So - the fuel tank that was upside down had veggy oil diesel too? (Timmy's deep fryers?)

Shirley that is possible, but that stuff usually doesn't much care for the cold weather as I understand. 

???

16 minutes ago, Ox said:

Veggie oil based?

Olive?

Well, it's red ....

Have heard of veggie/olive oil based cutting fluids, but not hydraulic.

Not that I pay much attention to that app of course. 

So - the fuel tank that was upside down had veggy oil diesel too? (Timmy's deep fryers?)

Shirley that is possible, but that stuff usually doesn't much care for the cold weather as I understand. 

???

I don't get your motivation by continuing this line of questioning. Are you trying to cause our sport to be shut down? There was a rare accident where they could be environmental concerns. The proper people have been alerted and have responded in whatever way they deemed fit. 

Quite the opposite.

Archived