GROOMER DOWN

PISTON LAKE CRUISER

FB pictures of Groomer off the bridge on AD trail near North Bay north of Sand Dam Rd. Apparently the operator fortunately got out with only minor injuries.

groomer down.jpg

groomerdown2.jpg

Showing hydraulic fluid in the crick no less. :(

If you take that pic down, I'll edit my post.

What say?

Hopefully the groomer operator recovers quickly from his injuries. Obviously the groomer went off the bridge but what happened.

That's sad, hopefully operator is fine.  

I heard the operator is back on site today. Minor injuries.

I don't have any details on what happened.

11 minutes ago, Ox said:

What say?

I got the picture from a Facebook post by the Timmins Snowmobile Club so removing it here isn't going to stop people from seeing it. As long as the fluid doesn't get through the ice, it can be easily cleaned up.

1 minute ago, -crz- said:

I heard the operator is back on site today. Minor injuries.

I don't have any details on what happened.

Good news!  I'd sure like to watch them get the tractor out of there. It appears from the picture that the drag came undone.

2 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I got the picture from a Facebook post by the Timmins Snowmobile Club so removing it here isn't going to stop people from seeing it. As long as the fluid doesn't get through the ice, it can be easily cleaned up.

The O.P.P. were the ones who originally tweeted the photos. I see nothing wrong with sharing them here.

14 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

The O.P.P. were the ones who originally tweeted the photos. I see nothing wrong with sharing them here.

They are in the news media as well... it's not a hushed secret.

30 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

They are in the news media as well... it's not a hushed secret.

That's for sure. Saw it on MCTV news at noon. 

Just goes to show: grooming is not all cruisin' and listening to the satellite radio....things can go south in a hurry and in a big way.

VERY glad the operators are okay.

1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

That's for sure. Saw it on MCTV news at noon. 

Just goes to show: grooming is not all cruisin' and listening to the satellite radio....things can go south in a hurry and in a big way.

VERY glad the operators are okay.

Right now no people other than the operator and likely the police know what happened. For the rest of us it's speculation and you know where that will go.

That looks scary! Glad to hear the operator is OK. I imagine the cause when determined will be passed along to the clubs to warn their operators.

Scary, it really takes a split second for accidents to happen and things go south real quick.Glad to hear operator is okay.

5 hours ago, Ox said:

What say?

I don't think that's Hydraulic Fluid.  Looks to me like that's where the operator got out of the cab and shook his pants empty.:wtf:

The operator is reported to be okay. That's good news. I'm in no position to speculate how it happened. Early season grooming is tricky....this I do know from all the shared groomer garage story swaps I've heard over the years. Social media had not been "invented" yet. Which is why I joined OC in the first place...the Groomer Guy was very entertaining. 

Seat belts!

This is why we wear them. Glad the boys are alright. This was one of those oh S#%t moments for sure...

I bet that could happen quicker than you think

glad he’s ok. 

Ms

Archived