Weather radar

soupkids

14 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

I would think you will be ok..

just hung the scratchers of the A arms....just in case

what its worth, my two cents...I use windy.com for weather predictions. I like there are alternatives so I will have to check them out as well.

EC has a new app, weatherCAN.

Seems pretty good so far.

Soupkids, did Sudbury get any fresh snow or was it all rain?  Here in the French River we got all rain, quite a bit I think. Cold now again but no fresh snow. 

1 hour ago, topnotch said:

Soupkids, did Sudbury get any fresh snow or was it all rain?  Here in the French River we got all rain, quite a bit I think. Cold now again but no fresh snow. 

I'm on manitoulin right now but I can say we got lots of rain here, turned cold and snowing like hell right now, very windy right now.

Going to make for a slow ride home.

Sudbury was all freezing rain and windy as well. down to -10 again. There will most likely be a hard crust on the trails. The good thing is, there was some soft snow on the trails before the freezing rain, so they should be ok once a groomer goes through, or a few sleds to break it up. there calling for a couple cms today - Snowing pretty good at the moment.

Port Severn is very windy and there are snow squall warnings for up to 20 cm of snow.... keeping the fingers crossed. There's absolutely no snow on the ice for cooling or lube so the lakes and the bay aren't an option right now. My neighbour on the island ran back and forth about 5 or 6 times. It's only about 120 ft across. He had to shut the sled down. It was overheating.

Snowing in Haliburton right now,  so far about 3" has fallen

6 hours ago, Jason T said:

Sudbury was all freezing rain and windy as well. down to -10 again. There will most likely be a hard crust on the trails. The good thing is, there was some soft snow on the trails before the freezing rain, so they should be ok once a groomer goes through, or a few sleds to break it up. there calling for a couple cms today - Snowing pretty good at the moment.

Where in suds are you ??

I'm in New Sudbury.

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Port Severn is very windy and there are snow squall warnings for up to 20 cm of snow.... keeping the fingers crossed. There's absolutely no snow on the ice for cooling or lube so the lakes and the bay aren't an option right now. My neighbour on the island ran back and forth about 5 or 6 times. It's only about 120 ft across. He had to shut the sled down. It was overheating.

Hey 02,

I have a webcam at my cottage, back side of Deer island just off the main channel.  I can confirm there is no snow on the ice in Honey Harbour and anything falling is just being blown away.  That glare off the lake is pure ice....lol.

Feb 8th, 2019.png

Yeah... the ice hasn't anything on it and there would need to be a fair bit of snow to provide lube and cooling especially with the high winds they had this morning blowing it off as soon as it falls. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the snow squalls to drop snow onto the trails? When my glass is half empty, I pour it into a smaller glass. If you're around Sunday, stop by Village Marina in Honey Harbour for the club BBQ. Maybe if we get 20 or 30 snowmobilers to do the snow dance simultaneously it might work.

Blowing snow in the Barrys Bay area all day.

Archived