Searchmont to Timmons?

Luv2sled2015

I know from my own experience that searchmont to dubreilleville is a full day. Depends on trail conditions. Search to Timmons is a fair bit further. Yes I’d say it’s doable..... but you’ll want very good conditions. 

13 hours ago, Luv2sled2015 said:

Trip planning and wondering if a run from Searchmont to Timmons is doable in a day?

We ride Timmins to Halfway Heaven which is 375 km and it is a long day riding fairly quick ,  Searchmont is about 475 km to Timmins .  The C101D  is not a fast trail  but if you get an early start you should make it 8 to 10 hours . Make your time from Searchmont to Chapleau the rest of the trail is slow

Chapleau grooms in the day time so need to be careful on those trails 

searchmont to halfway haven is 90 miles, halfway haven to chapleau is 60 miles, chapleau to timmins is 175 miles. this is in MILES so 325 miles, plus or minus missed turns, re-routes, problems, illness, breakdowns, ect...

get an early start, it will be a long day. plan not seeing much other than gas, and food stops. personally, I don't see the draw in riding that far, and not enjoying what you are driving/riding through.

it seems to me, people riding these high mileage days, are riding for the sake of riding, not really enjoying the ride... being more worried about their time off, and pushing further than they should for the sake of a schedule but, everyone has opinions, and their own ideas on what sledding is about. 

enjoy your trip. Ski

2 hours ago, skidooboy said:

this is in MILES so 325 miles, plus or minus missed turns, re-routes, problems, illness, breakdowns, ect...

Boy, I'm starting to rethink this sledding thing....

Maybe I should just stay home on the couch?

boy scout motto "be prepared"... go through life, with no planning and stuff goes sideways... its on the end user. oh, and search and rescue. are you a millennial, or gen x'er? :D  Ski

I'm almost a Boomer!

1 hour ago, Ox said:

I'm almost a Boomer!

I know, just poke' in the bear. Ski

Archived