How much snow actually fell?

SalemRene

18 minutes ago, bbakernbay said:

How could that be?  It looked like PS was going to be in for a Big Dump, where is the lake effect this year?

Best Wishes and have a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year.

Mother nature didn't take her panties off and show the brown star !!!

7 hours ago, bbakernbay said:

How could that be?  It looked like PS was going to be in for a Big Dump, where is the lake effect this year?

Best Wishes and have a Happy, Healthy, Prosperous New Year.

Measured in my yard sadly there was more at other spots though 

Up-to-date Snow Depth Maps NOAA - https://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/nsa/ 

4 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Don't tell that to the azzhats on TV. They seem to jump for joy when we have rain instead of snow during the winter...

We got a couple of inches overnight in Apsley.

Even if I wasn’t a sledder I think snow is a beautiful site. A change of scenery each season. In the city it can be a pain in the butt because as soon as you walk out your front door you’re in a line up of millions of people. There’s nowhere to put snow after 2-3 good storms. The temp swings turn beautiful snow covered lawns and fields into mud and slush. Then it freezes again and it’s horrible. As long as it was a constant -5/-10 all winter down here it wouldn’t be so bad and we could ride more often. I feel for the clubs down in D5 (all clubs for that matter)who put the effort in with HOPES it will snow. It’s like fishing every year and not catch a thing. The why bother anymore has certainly got to be on some folks minds. One would give up at some point. Thanks to the clubs that never give up. 

Agreed, a lot of Southern clubs get frustrated rightfully so putting in the effort only to have Mother Nature not cooperate. But if you don’t try that will be the year we get dumped on......that’s what we keep telling ourselves.

Archived