Kearney area ride?

Bigdaddy63250

49 minutes ago, Bigdaddy63250 said:

Just missed u Blake.  We went there as well around noon... Trails were pretty good.  

I was at the hotel at noon....

20190101_164509.jpg

51 minutes ago, Bigdaddy63250 said:

U going anywhere tomorrow?

Doubtful, unfortunately.

I was out on Tuesday from Sand lake to Kearney. Took the 303 to 302 into town. None of it was groomed. We had  about 6 inches of snow which did help.Passed a couple of other people. Some wet spots.  Got to Fetterlys for gas but they were closed. Grrr...Needed gas to go any further. I just turned around and headed back to Sand Lake hoping i had enough gas. On my way back i passed Kyle in the groomer. Had a chat with him. He said they were out the day before but just turning up rocks. But with that fresh snow the trail was coming up very good behind the groomer. Kyle said it was a big difference with the fresh snow.Got back to Sand Lake and put my sled away. Sand Lake is good with no slush.With the minus 28 temp last night any of the wet spots should be frozen today. Kyle was hoping to have some trails marked yellow for the weekend.

I’m not being a smart a**, but my phone shows red down to Dorset, is my phone not updating the trail status or are they still closed?

5 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

I’m not being a smart a**, but my phone shows red down to Dorset, is my phone not updating the trail status or are they still closed?

There closed maybe just out packing?

To be honest we were just out exploring and found trails to north bay were closed with gates accross.  So we turned around and just drove around towards rain lake logging roads.  Ended up on trail headed towards Dorset.  Met few sleds and take told us where we were and we turned around and headed back. 

I dont really know the trails around here at all.  Mainly we ATV up near rain lake.  

We rode from the welcome centre in emsdale to 95 south then all the way to dorset on d101, grabbed fuel and back on d101 thru kearney to the trailer. Most of the d101b was excellent with the usual spots needing a bit more snow. Lakes werent staked yet. Road runs were bearable. 95 needs more snow and it seemed like there was more road running than last year on that trail? Pretty good day for the first ride in muskoka. Parking lot was full of trailers but we didnt see too many sleds on the trail and we were last trailer in the lot when we returned. 

21445FFE-99F1-4E86-82EB-AD1486AAE2AF.jpeg

A5858795-036E-4AF6-A635-DC5452F9E929.jpeg

Saturday rode from Sand lake to Kearney via 303 and 302. Then down to the Seguin. Took it west across to Sprucedale. This was all good and groomed. Just a little west of Sprucedale you could see the Ridge Runners had just opened up the 704. Lots of mud on the trail. The "d" trail going south is not opened yet. I'am going to guess they need the swamps to freeze up more before they put a groomer through. Past the " d" south intersection the Seguin was not groomed. Pretty bumpy. I turned around at the next road crossing and came back to Kearney and visted with a buddy.Kearney was very ,very busy.Did see a couple of spots where some guys have encountered trees between the skis.Good little run to knock the rust off the carbides.

Kearney was a mogul field today. Dropped sleds in Dwight and rode to Dorset on d101with the GF. Trails were good with some icy spots. Groomed last night. Rode up to Kearney on d101b, when we got to Highland rover territory it was brutal. Tried to go to sand lake for lunch but it got worse. Turned around and went to oneils for lunch. Took 95 and d102 back to d101. Some bad wash outs in this section so be aware! Getting to 95 on the seguin D was horrible moguls. 

3 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

Kearney was a mogul field today. Dropped sleds in Dwight and rode to Dorset on d101with the GF. Trails were good with some icy spots. Groomed last night. Rode up to Kearney on d101b, when we got to Highland rover territory it was brutal. Tried to go to sand lake for lunch but it got worse. Turned around and went to oneils for lunch. Took 95 and d102 back to d101. Some bad wash outs in this section so be aware! Getting to 95 on the seguin D was horrible moguls. 

Few guys I know are there now and say it’s pretty bad. But that’s what happens in early season with minimal snow and lots of traffic! Hoping the snow Tomorrow night improves the North!

Looking to ride Kearney  area Saturday, any recent reports? Maybe drop sleds at Bear Lake and head towards Kearney Then the 123 to the 303 around Sand Lake and back the D.

Need info?

I rode that area Wednesday. There's enough snow, and the clubs are keeping up with grooming. D trail was a little rough going north from Edgewater. Saturday morning should be good. Trails might get trashed as the day goes on if there's a lot of traffic, as there was last weekend.

8 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

Looking to ride Kearney  area Saturday, any recent reports? Maybe drop sleds at Bear Lake and head towards Kearney Then the 123 to the 303 around Sand Lake and back the D.

Need info?

Did that ride yesterday. The ride out of Edgewater was a little rough but not too bad. the Highland Rovers have done a nice job of their trails. Seguin was nice and flat to Bear lake. West of bear lake by noon yesterday was not groomed. Don't know why the Parry sound guys have not come across to Bear lake.Looks like enough snow to work with unless they have no snow in Parry sound. Stopped at Sprucedale to warm up . Went in the hotel but "Mike" the current owner said they were closed probably till monday or tuesday until the "new" owners take over so i left. Came back the 302/303 to Sand lake which was good. Groomers were out yesterday so the trails should be in good shape for the weekend. It was -26 this morning so they should hold up well. Did see a lot of trucks and trailers this morning on the highways as i had to head south for a few days work.    

Kearney is very good right now! Trails are hard and flat. A bit rough this morning leaving Edgewater, but I believe it’s been cleaned up. Man it’s friggin cold out! Well worth it!

Archived