Kearney area ride?

Bigdaddy63250

Hey guys.  

I will be arriving Kearney area late tomorrow night.  Looking  spending few days up that way.  I would like to get out for few rides anytime. (Pending Trail conditions)  Not familiar with trails etc up there.  If anyone is up that way or driving through send me a text...

Jeff

opening tomorrow to Sprucedale 

a lot of new snow coming maybe open to Parry Sound as well

exciting news hats off to Mark Reynolds

Hoping this is right!!!!!

If I was a betting man (which I am not), I'd say all hype as usual. I hope I'm wrong but very skeptical. TWN forecasted earlier this week for the coming 7 days of 2 events of 5-10cm. Just looked and there is now 1cm forecasted for the next 7 days total. They have no idea!

Another winter of chasing snow I guess 

56 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

I'm salivating at the thought of trails opening as far south as parry sound. Makes day trips possible

Nothing yet on the cameras.  Patience Grasshopper.

59 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

I'm salivating at the thought of trails opening as far south as parry sound. Makes day trips possible

Dang... mentally I have the trailer hooked up and headed for the Seguin and area. Reality... I'm still waiting.

6 hours ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

If I was a betting man (which I am not), I'd say all hype as usual. I hope I'm wrong but very skeptical. TWN forecasted earlier this week for the coming 7 days of 2 events of 5-10cm. Just looked and there is now 1cm forecasted for the next 7 days total. They have no idea!

I also watched their crappy forecast, your absolutely right, they have no idea. I think PS across to Huntsville will be the line of mixing rain/snow. Really hope Kearney gets that 20cm because we’re planning a day trip Thursday to ride seguin and hopefully something else opens, because as of right now there’s not much trail open there. 

1 hour ago, Baylaker said:

I also watched their crappy forecast, your absolutely right, they have no idea. I think PS across to Huntsville will be the line of mixing rain/snow. Really hope Kearney gets that 20cm because we’re planning a day trip Thursday to ride seguin and hopefully something else opens, because as of right now there’s not much trail open there. 

I'll wait til more opens before riding local.

Hitting Seguin Trail now.

20190101_092846.thumb.jpg.4183ce5c5bc50cfdbe0201af78703e85.jpg

2 hours ago, catinental couch said:

Minus 9c and 6 inches of snow in Carling this morning. Happy New Year everybody!!!

Minus 14c and 8 inches in Pt au Baril. I hate plowing snow with the tractor. You want to come up and fix my plow truck---outside.

F'n cold in sudbury, 10 cm or so

2 hours ago, gtserider said:

Minus 14c and 8 inches in Pt au Baril. I hate plowing snow with the tractor. You want to come up and fix my plow truck---outside.

Jeese I would like to but I'm pretty busy.

I have to blow/shovel snow, load the car and drive to Orillia for doctor appointments the next two days. Maybe have to plow/blow and shovel down there too. If I get to spend more time in my garage, I might even get enough room in there to fix the Ranger. Honey doo lists. Gggrrrr

1 hour ago, catinental couch said:

Jeese I would like to but I'm pretty busy.

I have to blow/shovel snow, load the car and drive to Orillia for doctor appointments the next two days. Maybe have to plow/blow and shovel down there too. If I get to spend more time in my garage, I might even get enough room in there to fix the Ranger. Honey doo lists. Gggrrrr

grass looks good down here

2 hours ago, snapper said:

Nice pic Blake, know exactly where that is. Please let us know how trail is.

Photos are from this morning. There are more tracks now.

Moguls west of the D Trail junction (not recently groomed), so I didn't go west of Axe Lake Road.

If groomed overnight, it would all be very good. Lots of low-hanging snow-covered branches, though.

20190101_141434-1612x1336.jpg

20190101_113400-1612x1209.jpg

20190101_111707-1612x1209.jpg

20190101_094253-1612x1209.jpg

20190101_111123-1612x1209.jpg

You lucky dog! Whole trail to yourself this morning!

Archived