Get ready to blow.

zoso

Back on track here think about this;

Police now need NO REASON to stop ANY CAR AT ANY TIME so long as they say they want to test/check for drugs or alcohol use. So every single stop will CERTAINLY involve this as SOP so the cops now have super powers to use against the public with no recourse for the public at any time because its been Trudoped into law. This is by very definition a POLICE STATE now and we simply MUST FIGHT this idiocy.

Yet at the same time cops can no longer question a person who looks suspect ( anti carding policy ) yet all drivers are screwed. Why? Drivers have money, thugs DO NOT. Plus drivers are safe easy targets. Gun toting drug dealers are dangerous and now the cops no longer have to bother, the law "PROTECTS THE COPS FROM WORKING AT THIS" or er ahhh umm aah ahh ahh a Trudope says its about preventing discrimination.

How about them murders? Record year right after carding banned. Coincidence? You tell me

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 8:22 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

I know, but Utah appears to have a problem,  unlike Ontario.

My bad, I thought he said Idaho.

16 minutes ago, revrnd said:

When you think about it, this stat says a lot. 150 sleds stopped, and only one non trail permit and some poor guy that forgot to renew his tag but had insurance and a permit, no drinking charges.  That is damn good compliance. This kind of blows away the perception that sledders are a bunch of drunken outlaws.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, zoso said:

When you think about it, this stat says a lot. 150 sleds stopped, and only one non trail permit and some poor guy that forgot to renew his tag but had insurance and a permit, no drinking charges.  That is damn good compliance. This kind of blows away the perception that sledders are a bunch of drunken outlaws.

And w/ the conditions a lot of sledders were probably headed that way.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/impaired-driving-laws-breath-tests-police/

I guess I better watch out next spring when I go for my spring cleanup ride in the Ranger. Last time I had the box full of empties in various condition & brands. Wound up w/ over 20 bucks.

.....and so it begins. In the story I read how two hours after driving they can demand a breath sample. That section needs some clarification. I think the intent is for police to have two hours to get a sample at the station after a person has been arrested, and not as described in the article. 

.....and so it begins. In the story I read how two hours after driving they can demand a breath sample. That section needs some clarification. I think the intent is for police to have two hours to get a sample at the station after a person has been arrested, and not as described in the article. I think... The law is clear in fact.,that lawyer is blowing things out of proportions.

Exception

(4)No person commits an offence under subsection (3) if
(a)they consumed the drug or the alcohol or both after ceasing to operate a motor vehicle or vessel, or after ceasing to operate or assist in the operation of an aircraft or railway equipment or after ceasing to have the care or control of a motor vehicle, a vessel, an aircraft or railway equipment; and
(b)after ceasing the activities described in paragraph (a), they had no reasonable expectation that they would be required to provide a sample of a bodily substance.

47 minutes ago, catinental couch said:

Headline News

revrnd charged with open liquor while driving an atv. Claimed to be cleaning up the sled trail. 

Update at 6.

LOL some of the brands you couldn't pay me to drink... Palm Bay seems to be a popular trailside drink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, revrnd said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4828694/impaired-driving-laws-breath-tests-police/

I guess I better watch out next spring when I go for my spring cleanup ride in the Ranger. Last time I had the box full of empties in various condition & brands. Wound up w/ over 20 bucks.

A friend of ours has a campground that is primarily seasonal RV's with very few transient. For some reason people don't seem to want to take their empties back whether they be beer cans/bottles or liquor bottles. He has a few 45 gal drums they seem to like to leave them in. His son packs it all up and gets about $50 - $60 / week in empties.

• Like 2

So for trail side testing ..does the breathalizer not have to be warm...to function properly and not give false readings...and how would they test for mary jane..

I'm in trouble then.  I listen to Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd all the time when I am sledding :lmao:

19 minutes ago, sledjunk said:

I'm in trouble then.  I listen to Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd all the time when I am sledding :lmao:

That would probably get you about halfway to Timmins from SRF... :-) 

On 1/9/2019 at 1:00 PM, zoso said:

.....and so it begins. In the story I read how two hours after driving they can demand a breath sample. That section needs some clarification. I think the intent is for police to have two hours to get a sample at the station after a person has been arrested, and not as described in the article. I think... The law is clear in fact.,that lawyer is blowing things out of proportions.

Exception

(4)No person commits an offence under subsection (3) if
(a)they consumed the drug or the alcohol or both after ceasing to operate a motor vehicle or vessel, or after ceasing to operate or assist in the operation of an aircraft or railway equipment or after ceasing to have the care or control of a motor vehicle, a vessel, an aircraft or railway equipment; and
(b)after ceasing the activities described in paragraph (a), they had no reasonable expectation that they would be required to provide a sample of a bodily substance.

Odot addressed this on FS and this was his answer.

There were some major incidents where the driver made it home and did the whole "I got drunk at home AFTER I ran over that little girl". Police would need a warrant in most cases to get in.  This law removes that process (for now as it will be challenged).  But as I said, the reality is...nothing will really change on how we do things unless you're that less than 1% that gets involved in this.  

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Odot addressed this on FS and this was his answer.

There were some major incidents where the driver made it home and did the whole "I got drunk at home AFTER I ran over that little girl". Police would need a warrant in most cases to get in.  This law removes that process (for now as it will be challenged).  But as I said, the reality is...nothing will really change on how we do things unless you're that less than 1% that gets involved in this.  

I still think that situation is impossible to prevent. We're giving up a lot of our personal rights to cater to all of these issues that are never going to go away. It's really starting to be a slippery slope 

• Like 3

I remember the “ novelty” of spot check s or ride programs when they began . My parents and their adult friends thought it was overstepping and wondering where it may lead us back then. Note that those spot checks were introduced primarily during the festive season and then ended. They are now year round and wide spread. After introduction of the latest Bill, I wonder where we will be in three more decades.

1 hour ago, pt3189 said:

I remember the “ novelty” of spot check s or ride programs when they began . My parents and their adult friends thought it was overstepping and wondering where it may lead us back then. Note that those spot checks were introduced primarily during the festive season and then ended. They are now year round and wide spread. After introduction of the latest Bill, I wonder where we will be in three more decades.

I didn't see one spot check during the Christmas season. The only one in a very long time was on the Saturday of a long weekend in summer. 400 south bound exit to hwy 12 for Midland.

1 hour ago, 02Sled said:

I didn't see one spot check during the Christmas season. The only one in a very long time was on the Saturday of a long weekend in summer. 400 south bound exit to hwy 12 for Midland.

I haven't seen a ride check in years but I've changed as I've gotten older. I no longer sit in the bars until 1am. I drink at home.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I haven't seen a ride check in years but I've changed as I've gotten older. I no longer sit in the bars until 1am. I drink at home.

Got banned, eh?

• Haha 2

I had to blow today. They said a mandatory test and we are not checking insurance or trail passes

53 minutes ago, dedge68 said:

I had to blow today. They said a mandatory test and we are not checking insurance or trail passes

Why couldn't they at least check for trail pass?