Get ready to blow.

zoso

13 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Why couldn't they at least check for trail pass?

Perhaps they actually did... either it's on the sled or it isn't. They wouldn't have to ask for it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dedge68 said:

I had to blow today. They said a mandatory test and we are not checking insurance or trail passes

Wow. Give the boys some new powers and they can't bother doing their full job. If you and I only did a half ass'd job we would get fired!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poo Man said:

Why couldn't they at least check for trail pass?

54 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Perhaps they actually did... either it's on the sled or it isn't. They wouldn't have to ask for it...

Because sadly many of the non OPP save officers really don't know about the trail system or trail pass. ....wouldn't be the first I've been stopped at trail/roadside check and the officer knew nothing about the trail pass.....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, stoney said:

Because sadly many of the non OPP save officers really don't know about the trail system or trail pass. ....wouldn't be the first I've been stopped at trail/roadside check and the officer knew nothing about the trail pass.....

Or that's what they let on anyway. I could see the ones that have spent there career in the GTA not knowing about Trail Permits but if they are stationed in rural or northern areas they'd have to be deaf and blind not to know about permits. JMHO

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Or that's what they let on anyway. I could see the ones that have spent there career in the GTA not knowing about Trail Permits but if they are stationed in rural or northern areas they'd have to be deaf and blind not to know about permits. JMHO

Oh no, there was no pretending, the one officer even asked me about the permit on the sled when I inquired why they were not checking for them.....I think it was new officers on the job. Both times it was in the Gravenhurst area and stopped multiple times in a short span by a variety of officers, mostly officers in cruisers parked at trail crossing near roads, rather annoying, but such is life.

• Sad 1

It's what's trending. 

This is political. 

Last trend was "distracted driving".

This is what's in the media now. In a week or 3 they'll publish stats.

Refer to line 2.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, stoney said:

Oh no, there was no pretending, the one officer even asked me about the permit on the sled when I inquired why they were not checking for them.....I think it was new officers on the job. Both times it was in the Gravenhurst area and stopped multiple times in a short span by a variety of officers, mostly officers in cruisers parked at trail crossing near roads, rather annoying, but such is life.

Wait you were stopped multiple times the same day,asked to blow everything and they never asked about anything  else?

24 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

Wait you were stopped multiple times the same day,asked to blow everything and they never asked about anything  else?

No, I have actually never been asked to blow on any trail stops on my sled.

What I am referencing are trail side stops that I have been involved in, in the last few years.....and witnessing officers that have no knowledge or were checking for trail permit on my sled or the other sleds that they were checking at the same time as me.

Based on the new protocol, sounds like if I am now stopped by three sets of officers in the same area, I will be blowing all three times.....:headbang:...sounds like good times are ahead!

4 minutes ago, stoney said:

No, I have actually never been asked to blow on any trail stops on my sled.

What I am referencing are trail side stops that I have been involved in, in the last few years.....and witnessing officers that have no knowledge or were checking for trail permit on my sled or the other sleds that they were checking at the same time as me.

Based on the new protocol, sounds like if I am now stopped by three sets of officers in the same area, I will be blowing all three times.....:headbang:...sounds like good times are ahead!

The sky is falling

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, 02Sled said:

They were not. The officer told me we are not checking trail passea or insurance. Everyone going though had to blow. They stopped a family with kids on their own sleds right after us

17 minutes ago, dedge68 said:

They were not. The officer told me we are not checking trail passea or insurance. Everyone going though had to blow. They stopped a family with kids on their own sleds right after us

Whatever it takes to get the pisstanks out of the system. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pelicanbeast said:

They checked for trail permits and only a handful had to blow. I didnt hear anyone complaining when we were stopped with a few other groups.

Just curious where did you get stopped and asked to blow?

3 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Whatever it takes to get the pisstanks out of the system. 

That's all fine and good but they shouldn't  just be getting every single person to blow. The new law is fine,but IMHO they still need to use some discretion. If you don't think they should also be checking for trail passes  then I don't think you have a right to botch about freeloaders.

18 minutes ago, Poo Man said:

That's all fine and good but they shouldn't  just be getting every single person to blow. The new law is fine,but IMHO they still need to use some discretion. If you don't think they should also be checking for trail passes  then I don't think you have a right to botch about freeloaders.

Agreed on the discretion, there's a time and place. 

As per the part in bold, I never mentioned freeloaders or them checking for them so please don't put words into my mouth.  EVERY FREELOADER SHOULD HAVE THEIR SLED TOWED AND IMPOUNDED FOR 2 WEEKS MINIMUM, be forced to pay all fees and still buy a permit before having the sled released. That's my opinion of the subject.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

Agreed on the discretion, there's a time and place. 

As per the part in bold, I never mentioned freeloaders or them checking for them so please don't put words into my mouth.  EVERY FREELOADER SHOULD HAVE THEIR SLED TOWED AND IMPOUNDED FOR 2 WEEKS MINIMUM, be forced to pay all fees and still buy a permit before having the sled released. That's my opinion of the subject.

Agreed. I wasn't trying to personally call you out, sorry if it came across like that. It just chaps my a$$ that we can't have trail patrol out there when the police don't give a crappie about enforcing permits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 4:51 PM, pt3189 said:

I remember the “ novelty” of spot check s or ride programs when they began . My parents and their adult friends thought it was overstepping and wondering where it may lead us back then. Note that those spot checks were introduced primarily during the festive season and then ended. They are now year round and wide spread. After introduction of the latest Bill, I wonder where we will be in three more decades.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

These efforts are chipping away at our rights. The progressive policy efforts are not trying to make one big swoop and round everyone under state ownership but through a multi front attack on every position where they can inch in further. If this one falls ( as im sure it will ) there will be other attempts on other issues and the noose.

Hold those who push more laws and regulations upon us to account. Every time

If a policy is worth adopting, it will hold against intense scrutiny. If it does not? Its not worth adopting

• Like 1

On 5/30/2019 at 7:47 AM, zoso said:

As much as I am will to take her side in this, where is the other side to this story?

What made the cops track her down at her sister's house for this breathalyzer? Did she run a red light? Was she seen weaving on the road? Did someone call in a complaint? (this I feel is most likely what happened. She likely left somewhere's else impaired and those people called the cops).

• Like 1

I have almost no opinion on how they enforce it, but this made me sick.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/christy-natsis-appeal-bryan-casey-impaired-driving-fatal-1.4642485

This waste of skin dragged this out for YEARS, because she could afford to. 

People who followed this will remember how, at the scene, she got on the phone with her lawyer, for an extended period of time, to use legal counsel as an excuse not to blow into the breathalyser. 

She made the news many times over the years, breaking her bail conditions, and generally being an a-ho. 

I'm furious about my tax dollars being used to convict, incarcerate, and supposedly "rehabilitate" this POS. 

The reactive, as opposed to pro-active method of policing drunks and other bad drivers on the road is just not working. 

• Sad 1

Rather than provide an active presence on the roads as a deterrent, and to nab the impaired, or sociopathic,  the current method seems to me to be to wait for them to kill someone, then show up.