Get ready to blow.

zoso

54 minutes ago, Wildbill said:

make the punishment on the ones that screwed up public and brutal as a deterrent 

The next step will be to ban alcohol...

Wait that was tried once.

2 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

I'm not one to vent on here or the internet in general but this topic has touch the right or wrong nerve. 

Everytime there is a death from alcohol related accident it adds support to organizations like MAD. When a high profile event happens like that billionaire kid who killed the 3 kids and grand dad that creates a lot of support for increased enforcement and Ottawa or queens park have no choice but respond. 

The OPP are the tools the government responds with and change the rules to respond to the lobbying groups demands. 

If people smartened up there would be less enforcement not more like we have now 

There is that little thing about the gene pool rapidly reclining....

2 hours ago, Wildbill said:

make the punishment on the ones that screwed up public and brutal as a deterrent 

Goes something like 90% of the laws are put in place because of the 10%.....but one brush for all.....

So all this talk of alcohol, impairment while behind the wheel, etc.....anyone know what the testing will be for riding/driving while being high???

30 minutes ago, stoney said:

There is that little thing about the gene pool rapidly reclining....

Goes something like 90% of the laws are put in place because of the 10%.....but one brush for all.....

So all this talk of alcohol, impairment while behind the wheel, etc.....anyone know what the testing will be for riding/driving while being high???

I think they have progressive limits with different actions for each. The lowest being between 2-5ng/ml of blood THC with a fine, and impaired if you have more thn 5, also 2.5 or above combined with 0,05 BAC is an impaired.

11 hours ago, Blake G said:

I agree, and would further suggest the government has to respond to public outcry (and to properly conducted research) if they want to DO their job.

And thus the press becomes so powerful by deciding which story to promote the hardest 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, revrnd said:

No, ban cell phones in cars since they are the #1 cause of accidents.

14 hours ago, revrnd said:

I can see us going to zero BAC or THC in the future. The fact is, that may not be a bad thing at all. Young kids now must have zero of both from 16 until they turn 22. This was a good idea as it sets the stage for a lifetime of not having anything before you drive. As it stands, I will enjoy a beer or drink but at the same time as the punishments are now pretty severe for the warn level, this is not without risk for many to be punished with no way to defend and many are. I bet those that hve had there vehicle taken for the wrn would not have had any if there was zero tolerance.

• Thanks 1

Utah has now gone to a .05 BAC as their new legally impaired level. How many years until it is adopted here, 2 years , 5 years 10 years ? 

As long as they don't change the rules in the middle of the game I'm OK with it.

I got dinged 20+ years ago with a .05 . I didn't know there WAS such a thing. It cost me a 24 hour suspension, and I had to get my car towed, and impounded ($300) as well as get me and my passengers home, ($65) and a cab to the dark/far side of town ($80) the next day to get my car back. Some warning. I had broken NO law.

I'd MUCH rather see more visible enforcement, which would help us all more from the wacky drivers I see daily.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, manotickmike said:

As long as they don't change the rules in the middle of the game I'm OK with it.

I got dinged 20+ years ago with a .05 . I didn't know there WAS such a thing. It cost me a 24 hour suspension, and I had to get my car towed, and impounded ($300) as well as get me and my passengers home, ($65) and a cab to the dark/far side of town ($80) the next day to get my car back. Some warning. I had broken NO law.

I'd MUCH rather see more visible enforcement, which would help us all more from the wacky drivers I see daily.

It was a 12 hour not 24, no fine or admin fee and most never had their car towed,. I got one and the cop allowed me to drive to a gas station, park it, then he took my licence for12 hours. I thought that was very fair. Now three days, mandatory impound and fees as well as reporting to your insurance for no law being broken is an abuse of power. 

Edited by zoso

4 hours ago, pt3189 said:

Utah has now gone to a .05 BAC as their new legally impaired level. How many years until it is adopted here, 2 years , 5 years 10 years ? 

How does Utah compare to Ontario for impaired driving that has been on a good decline for almost 50 years?

20 minutes ago, zoso said:

Matters not, now blow in here and ddo not stop until I tell you to stop!.

I know, but Utah appears to have a problem,  unlike Ontario.

Good grief - what's goin' on in Idaho?

Quite possible that we may head to Island Park soon.

Doo we want to re-think that?

Edited by Ox

No, not moving there.

Just could possibly go there to sled is all.

(They are about the only ones with snow currently.)

togwotee has close to 40" Ox. closer than island park, and no dealing with the west Yellowstone tourists. Ski

Judging from the webcam, I'd say they got up to 3" overnight, but that's the first fresh snow I've seen there since I started watching over a week ago.

Actually, that's about the only fresh snow that I have seen anywhere during that time.

Monarch Pass in Colorado (where we normally go) did pick up 6" the last week or so, but they are still below 40" base at the ski hill.

A chums chum there has a cabin near the top and said they have 2' of snow, but no base. Dig right down to the ground.

I think I have a GPS at the bottom of the big hill at Tog, and a helmet along the road somewhere outside of town, so maybe I should go back and see eh?

We will go wherever, but anywhere that has snow right now is not fresh and will be pounded to death.

Wawa got more out of that big storm than anywhere in the Rocky's.

You prolly got the e-mail too from Snowest that Island Park got some snow last week?

So you know that lots of folks will be going there this week now.

We'll go wherever the snow is, whenever it gits there....

Edited by Ox

On 12/29/2018 at 9:09 PM, Ox said:

Can you back this up in some way?

I am sure that not all accidents that happened with alcohol, would not have happened with no alcohol. (follow that?)

How many could be the other guy's fault? Other guy blows a red light, yet since this guy blew a .1 - he must be the problem - sorta thing.

Same has been in regards to minor drivers. The problem Shirley couldn't be with the adult. It has'ta be the inexperienced minor's fault.

I can. Some years ago when the marketing efforts of passing the new "street racing" laws came into the public eye there was a fatal crash in the North end of Richmond Hill. The media, police and ALL the public information on the case pointed the finger solely at street racing as the fatal cause and the stories were deep, and blatant. Not a single mention of the fact that the driver of the family car who was killed was 2x plus over the legal alcohol limit, nor was there a mention that he turned left into oncoming traffic which caused the crash.

The political will of using this "case" to increase the police state of judge/jury powers to the police on the road side was blatant. I have ALL the news articles saved in print, I've been watching this slowly creep up our backsides for years and it IS NOT GOOD!

I dont drink either but these new police powers ARE NOT GOOD and a complete violation of our legally guaranteed RIGHTS! Think about it. Im a father, no drinker, non smoker and my main concern is with POLICE POWERS????? If someone like me is upset what in the damn hell kind of dumb is pushing for this to happen?

How about that carding? Cant target supsicious activity anymore and police no longer allowed to even ASK QUESTIONS. But if you drive a car legally? You can be stopped asked anything and FORCED to take drug tests etc.

TOTALLY AFTER THE MONEY AND THE TAXPAYER AND NOT A DAMN THING TO DO WITH REAL CRIME!!!!!!

I dont trust the medias reporting on impaired driving stats either. Why? How many of those accidents would happen to completely sober people in the same circumstances? Most.

1 hour ago, crispy said:

I can. Some years ago when the marketing efforts of passing the new "street racing" laws came into the public eye there was a fatal crash in the North end of Richmond Hill. The media, police and ALL the public information on the case pointed the finger solely at street racing as the fatal cause and the stories were deep, and blatant. Not a single mention of the fact that the driver of the family car who was killed was 2x plus over the legal alcohol limit, nor was there a mention that he turned left into oncoming traffic which caused the crash.

The political will of using this "case" to increase the police state of judge/jury powers to the police on the road side was blatant. I have ALL the news articles saved in print, I've been watching this slowly creep up our backsides for years and it IS NOT GOOD!

I dont drink either but these new police powers ARE NOT GOOD and a complete violation of our legally guaranteed RIGHTS! Think about it. Im a father, no drinker, non smoker and my main concern is with POLICE POWERS????? If someone like me is upset what in the damn hell kind of dumb is pushing for this to happen?

How about that carding? Cant target supsicious activity anymore and police no longer allowed to even ASK QUESTIONS. But if you drive a car legally? You can be stopped asked anything and FORCED to take drug tests etc.

TOTALLY AFTER THE MONEY AND THE TAXPAYER AND NOT A DAMN THING TO DO WITH REAL CRIME!!!!!!

I dont trust the medias reporting on impaired driving stats either. Why? How many of those accidents would happen to completely sober people in the same circumstances? Most.

So if there wasn't any mention (see bold) how do you come by this secret information that nobody else had? There wouldn't have been a breath sample since he was killed so it would have been a blood sample taken during an autopsy.

Second bold... it they are after the money... just think... you would have to be over the legal limits for there to be a monetary penalty. So if you are over the legal limit you have nobody to blame but yourself for the fine. Glad they got another impaired driver off the road.

Edited by 02Sled

56 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

So if there wasn't any mention (see bold) how do you come by this secret information that nobody else had? There wouldn't have been a breath sample since he was killed so it would have been a blood sample taken during an autopsy.

Second bold... it they are after the money... just think... you would have to be over the legal limits for there to be a monetary penalty. So if you are over the legal limit you have nobody to blame but yourself for the fine. Glad they got another impaired driver off the road.

Keep supporting the tking away of our rights and eventually they WILL be coming for something you do care about. Perhaps they will outlaw all power sports, I mean how could you not support it, if it saves just one life.

Are you telling me that some of the folks on here have not been been at or near an accident, only to hear it on the news that night and you start to wonder if they are reporting a completely different accident based on the media's version of what you know to just take place? 

4 hours ago, 02Sled said:

It was only a secret until the crown finally saw fit to release it, kid in the car that he collided with got 110% rail roaded and a certain politician rode the verdicts coat tail all the way to seeing the street racing legislation passed and we the people corn holed. Ever wonder why they new crews quit cruizin tow lots and reporting on street racer car impounded? EAsy answer, cause the pounds are full of soccer Mom vans and SUVs with hardly a H/P car to be found. Did you also know pulling outta your gravel cottage road and so much as squeaking the tires on your family truckster as they transition from gravel to paved surface can see your lic pulled and vehicle impounded under an officers interpretation of Street Racing?

Edited by ZR SLEDHEAD

20 minutes ago, stoney said:

Are you telling me that some of the folks on here have not been been at or near an accident, only to hear it on the news that night and you start to wonder if they are reporting a completely different accident based on the media's version of what you know to just take place? 

Several times.

5 hours ago, 02Sled said:

So if there wasn't any mention (see bold) how do you come by this 1. secret information that nobody else had? There wouldn't have been a breath sample since he was killed so it would have been a blood sample taken during an autopsy.

Second bold... it 2. they are after the money... just think... you would have to be over the legal limits for there to be a monetary penalty. So if you are over the legal limit you have nobody to blame but yourself for the fine. Glad they got another impaired driver off the road.

1. There is no secret information i am unsure why you would think that? It breaks down like this;

There was a bad crash involving multiple cars and a fatality

The initial police reports to the media suggested it was because of street racing

This ran heavy and hard on page one in numerous publications for weeks

Some weeks after it was THEN reported buried in the middle of news releases and very briefly that the driver who was killed, was impaired, and TURNED IN FRONT of the so called racers who denied there was any racing, they were speeding but it wasn't crazy speed it was a head on around 90kmh iirc

The judge who handled the case in the end let the so called racers walk with house arrest because the BS involved was SO INTENSELY WRONG

Yet the public still remembered "street racing" and now we have a law where the cops can use total power of judge/jury on the side of the road if your going 50kmh over the limit your screwed with no due process which is a constitutional violation.

2. The timeline shows the police used a highly controlled informatiion release process using the media to ramp an agenda through and the public got screwed as a result. The money kinda stands out as the goal here.

This is a very interesting process because it negatively impacts EVERYONE in Canada as a result. The price of these ridiculous constituional skirting laws will end up making Canada a much worse place and the dumbasses who pass these laws? Really ought to speak with Micheal Bryant about it. He was integral as the AG passing the street racing laws back then and what is he doing now?

Check it out

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/chris-selley-michael-bryant-at-the-ccla-an-unlikely-man-for-an-unlikely-job

Thank you for asking clear questions I will explain further if need be please ask I dont mind

Edited by crispy