Used sled prices.

ZR SLEDHEAD

I've made some pretty decent money selling privately. I've also got some real good deals on sleds and bikes. I buy sleds in the summer and bikes in the cold weather. I sell sleds in late fall and bikes when its been warm again for a week straight.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Sledguy74 said:

I too prefer to trade in, I never had great luck with private selling 

some guy wants to low ball me to my face makes me want to taze him in the forehead .

i hope this +9 is the end of the warm ups for the season! 

Taze ??     Can you get me one of those ?   LOL   

12 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

I've made some pretty decent money selling privately. I've also got some real good deals on sleds and bikes. I buy sleds in the summer and bikes in the cold weather. I sell sleds in late fall and bikes when its been warm again for a week straight.

Know a guy who does just that. 

Kijiji   you have to love it    I always seemed to get the  Tri Ader and Penny Saver and was too late getting the deals .  My one buddy seemed to get the  Tri Ad  early and was scooping deals, never forget that and we still laugh about it.   I always say to people that want to advertise is say   No trades and stuff like that but I like the advice of negotiating in person, that's a good idea.  I've had real good luck selling and buying with Kijiji ,  I try and be a realist with the pricing.  But yes you need some patients,  Serenity now Serenity now    Go    Team  Canada   Go

1 hour ago, volunteer2 said:

Kijiji   you have to love it    I always seemed to get the  Tri Ader and Penny Saver and was too late getting the deals .  My one buddy seemed to get the  Tri Ad  early and was scooping deals, never forget that and we still laugh about it.   I always say to people that want to advertise is say   No trades and stuff like that but I like the advice of negotiating in person, that's a good idea.  I've had real good luck selling and buying with Kijiji ,  I try and be a realist with the pricing.  But yes you need some patients,  Serenity now Serenity now    Go    Team  Canada   Go

I know someone who buys boats real cheap and either flips them or parts them out. He's making a bunch of money at it but is doing it like a business. He doesn't have a regular job so has the time to invest.

6 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I know someone who buys boats real cheap and either flips them or parts them out. He's making a bunch of money at it but is doing it like a business. He doesn't have a regular job so has the time to invest.

Yup     Buy low     sell high

I've got a bunch of stuff I don't need but at the same time I don't need the aggravation or the money bad enough to go through the BS of trying to sell it on Kijiji. Yard sales are another crazy thing. I'll never do that again. When my mom passed away we had to empty out the house. We had a yard sale every Sat and Sun for 4 weekends in a row. Everybody wants something for nothing. We had a decorative china plate for $1. I was frustrated when a woman offers 5 cents. I told her rather than give it to her for 5 cents I'd break it so that's what I did. She says why did you do that I really wanted it. Couldn't have wanted it that bad at 5 cents.

9 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

I've got a bunch of stuff I don't need but at the same time I don't need the aggravation or the money bad enough to go through the BS of trying to sell it on Kijiji. Yard sales are another crazy thing. I'll never do that again. When my mom passed away we had to empty out the house. We had a yard sale every Sat and Sun for 4 weekends in a row. Everybody wants something for nothing. We had a decorative china plate for $1. I was frustrated when a woman offers 5 cents. I told her rather than give it to her for 5 cents I'd break it so that's what I did. She says why did you do that I really wanted it. Couldn't have wanted it that bad at 5 cents.

My wife and her two sisters do a yard sale every summer. Same thing, people will try to get a $2 item for 25 cents. Wifes older sister gets pissed off and will tell them to leave.

On 12/26/2018 at 12:01 PM, 02Sled said:

It's a pain trying to sell things through ads etc. People make appointments and don't show. Others do arrive and then try to low ball you and they aren't even in the ball park. I sold a 9.9 Merc outboard a few years ago. It was a 2 year old long shaft and there were few around, mainly short shaft. I believed I had it priced very fairly. Guy came out and spent an hour telling me how it was vastly over priced and offering peanuts trying to get me down. I told him at the time I would go down $100 but that was it. He left.

A couple of weeks later he comes back. He'd been trying to find one without any luck. He wasn't happy when I told him the price was set and I wasn't moving. It was my original price. He wanted the $100 less I had originally offered. That was before he wasted an hour of my time. He paid the full price.

Its work. Thats why there is money to be made its not "free" to buy and sell things it takes work which is time + effort. Work hard, earn more. Thats how I see it anyways if this process frustrates you wholesale items off to dealers. If you want top buck you have to work for it. If you want easy price it cheap.

Simple.

As for the kahjee gee? Theres a lot more tire kickers out there because its easy to post an ad, and its even easier to inquire  about one. If anyone is serious they come and see it with cash in hand. Sellers have no choice but to weed through the tire kickers to find that one buyer, because it only takes one.

As for prices? People must not be that hungry I guess.

I love the $2400 CASH. When you’re asking $4000. Like I was going to take a 3rd party, post dated cheque! 

1 hour ago, Micar said:

I love the $2400 CASH. When you’re asking $4000. Like I was going to take a 3rd party, post dated cheque! 

I was selling a sled this fall and had an offer for the sled.   It was a keg of beer lol

Open, or sealed?

I love the trade ideas some people come up with, especially when I make clear in the ad "Price is FIRM, not interested in offers, or any trades at this time, thanks! NO delivery is possible."

Jebus, SELL your X-box and street bike, and then you'll have something somebody other than YOU might be interested in!

I actually BROUGHT something ( it was a guitar...) to someone who was unable to drive to come see it. I could relate, as I bought the guitar when I was in recovery from an accident, and couldn't move, let alone drive. 

I got there, and despite a few messages, and a phone call, he tried to lowball me in his living room. Like I was going to give it away, after investing the time to deliver it.

He further negotiated as I had my back to him. 

I countered his offer of full price by slamming the door. 

I’ll trade you four tires and rims from a Ford F-150....um no. I drive a GMC and it has 6 tires. You can sell them and use the money....Erm you can facking sell them and bring me the cash!

What do you guys thing a 99 ZRT 600 is worth.

It runs good but needs some TLC in the looks dept.

Track is good seat has no tears or rips in it.

No it's NOT mine, nor will it be mine.

Dealers were blowing out 2018Artic Cat 8000 this month.  Under $10,000.

Hard to look at a used 2017 and 2018’s for 11 or 12,000.

45 minutes ago, Sksman said:

Wow that sounds like a good deal.  Where was this?  

7 minutes ago, gobills said:

Try country corners in Exeter he is the largest cat dealer in Canada  and I believe in the top 3 for North America 

Yes, country corners always have new sleds on blow out prices for $10k. Pretty damn good for a new sled. Depending on what Yamaha comes out with in February, I may end up switching to cat in the future for this reason alone. Country corners always has the best pricing around. I’ve also seen aberfoyle cat put on some pretty good deals...but not as good as CC. I saw a 2016 Yamaha rtx se for $13k on kijiji tonight. I bought the same sled about 4 months ago for $8500. He’ll probably never get $13k, but most guys start high and get offers to what they really want for the sled anyways.

Thats a really good price.

1 hour ago, gobills said:

A buddy bought at Country Corners.

But Aberfoyle had them on and Ayr Turf and Tractor had a few priced similar.

only problem with Articles Cat is dealer network is dying.  I was told they have pulled 9 franchises in Ontario this year.  

2 hours ago, Sksman said:

I was looking at those and had me wondering....but then quickly recalled the mileage I have only put on the last couple of years and really does not make any cents, as much as I would like a different sled.

The prices also had me wondering what must be coming out from Cat in 2020.....they are overdue anyways. 

Plus $1400 for freight and pdi maybe more. 

Archived