Anybody Ride Today? Kinmount - Haliburton or Bancroft - Whitney?

Turbo Burgo

1 hour ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

This is why proper adjustment of track and good maintenance is imperative. I have run studs in every snowmobile I have had since 1991 and never had cooler damage! 91 SRV, 93 Exciter SX, 97 SX, 98 SRX, 02 Viper, 04 RX1, 06 Apex RTX, 08 Apex LTX GT 40th, 14 XF9000, 17 Sidewinder LTX LE.  Wife’s 90 Phazer II, 94 vmax 500, 08 Vector GT 40th. Daughter’s 07 Phazer, 16 Viper LTX LE. Wow, that’s a lot of studs!

What lug  size for the track and picks for the SRX? 

5 hours ago, Big Pussy said:

This had nothing to do with "proper adjustment of track and good maintenance".  It had everything to do with my son riding like an a$$hole and locking the track so didn't blow a corner.  There was even a mile runoff even if he did blow the corner.  A stud hooked on something and tore a flap out of the track.  He continued on, listening to the scraping, oblivious to what was going on under his a$$.  I wonder how good maintenance would avoid this ?  Oh, and yes, I had to fix it during the summer without his help.  Good thing for a spare sled to keep the trip alive.  Oh, and this sled had over 20,000 MILES on it, on the second track when this happened.  First time for me.  And yes, the third track is studded so the idiot don't kill himself.  Those were brand new studs that got transfered to the new track.

IMG_4886.thumb.JPG.0ec6c0098fee5dcd5a122f960d05c1fc.JPG

You are truly a good dad! Kids these days lol. 

5 minutes ago, RAMSOMAIR said:

You are truly a good dad! Kids these days lol.  

He was the tender age of 38 at the time !

Studs didn't help me today !!

Thank god I have a son that is right next to Hercules on the strong scale.

Yes I was riding alone and had to be rescued.

20181225_101151.jpg

1 hour ago, Btbt said:

Is there enough snow to launch from Kinmount? Any other places to park to ride B103?

dropped by the staging area in Kinmount yesterday , no stagers in lot, walked my dog south down to the first gate which is still closed, trail leading into Kinmount is solid ice with about 8-10cm of snow on top, was very slippery, fell on my a$$ twice, no signs of groomer tracks. IMO trail will need another 15cm of snow before they start packing down with the groomer.

slow start .. boo !

cheers

chez-nouz, if you headed south from Kinmount you were in KLSA grooming territory, they have not been out as the snow starts just north of Kinmount ( very normal for early winter) HCSA has been out at least 3 times on the Rail Trail and the snow is good north to Haliburton. Trail is marked yellow and very ridable with new snow every day this week and a previous good base.

Livin'

26 minutes ago, livin' on the b103 said:

chez-nouz, if you headed south from Kinmount you were in KLSA grooming territory, they have not been out as the snow starts just north of Kinmount ( very normal for early winter) HCSA has been out at least 3 times on the Rail Trail and the snow is good north to Haliburton. Trail is marked yellow and very ridable with new snow every day this week and a previous good base.

Livin'

Yep ...... now I wish I did go for a scoot today with you before heading back LOL  Hoping to be back up tomorrow afternoon and get a ride in before it gets warm. My buds were happy to get out yesterday and put on just shy of a 100kms on their new to them sleds.  Heard lots of sleds go by out back today, hoping the masses stay off on Friday so we're left with a good base   :cheers:

20181225_154859.thumb.jpg.2d68c468165bba9a1711d5f7afe787a6.jpg

20181225_154343.thumb.jpg.8fe23ea6cacbb4a1d6b3188ba5079f70.jpg

20181225_144655.thumb.jpg.96280521f713f9c210ff9fb062e1cd26.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:36 PM, livin' on the b103 said:

Livin'

Thanks for the clarification Livin, I thought south of Kinmount was also considered the "rail trail " - hope I didn't confuse anyone

cheers

Well I'm happy to report that I got out yesterday before the thaw and rain as well.

Unloaded in kinmount and rode to Haliburton. 2 minutes north of kinmount the trails improved significantly and were great right in to Hali! So glad I got out.

Only saw 2 other groups all the way there and back!

Lots of tracks going across head lake in town. Not this guy. I took the path around it!

Nice little designated sled parking area in Haliburton now too!

Thanks to the clubs and volunteers! Awesome evening! 

20181227_173515.jpg

20181227_165531.jpg

20181227_165550.jpg

On 12/25/2018 at 7:42 PM, soupkids said:

Studs didn't help me today !!

Thank god I have a son that is right next to Hercules on the strong scale.

Yes I was riding alone and had to be rescued.

20181225_101151.jpg

Is this a new strategy to get a new sled every year, hard for the wife to say no when you sank it.

9 hours ago, zoso said:

Is this a new strategy to get a new sled every year, hard for the wife to say no when you sank it.

It stayed above water this time.

This is going to be the last new sled for a while for me.

Archived