Lep

TRAIL STATUS 18/19

Trails are almost complete....still a few landowners with crops up....all being well they will be of by the weekend and we will get the audit complete.

Food for thought.....trails for this season will be the same as another yrs with a couple of reroutes......next season we may be looking at maybe cutting some trails we need bodies and there's nobody stepping up to fill the older boys boots....we lost one trail captain that had been with the club for yrs.....his section of trail deals with 19 landowners and is just a gas stop....like I said next yr is when the club will be looking at what we have to do.....I know if we don't get some commitment from some peeps to lend a helping hand the writing will be on the wall..........Have a fun safe season....keep the rubber down.

• Like 2

I hope last nights snowfall along with some cold weather after today is enough to get some of these Southwestern Ontario trails open.  Fingers crossed for the weekend.

On 1/23/2019 at 8:59 AM, traNsplantEdneWFie said:

I hope last nights snowfall along with some cold weather after today is enough to get some of these Southwestern Ontario trails open.  Fingers crossed for the weekend.

I was hoping you were right but it ain't go'in to happen.

We have less snow now than we had before the storm.

Jeez, you guys around Baden sure are pessimistic, is it really that bad there and do we miss VR? ha(JKJKJKJK). On the bright side the storm helped us out a lot (Monkton/Brussels area) Plow tops are covered towards the lake and it shouldn't be long now. We should have some ridding opportunities by mid next week, if not sooner.  I'll add a bit of pessimism of my own- I would be surprised to have trail riding in D9 by the end of the weekend but we ain't far out at this time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crawdaddy said:

Jeez, you guys around Baden sure are pessimistic, is it really that bad there and do we miss VR? ha(JKJKJKJK). On the bright side the storm helped us out a lot (Monkton/Brussels area) Plow tops are covered towards the lake and it shouldn't be long now. We should have some ridding opportunities by mid next week, if not sooner.  I'll add a bit of pessimism of my own- I would be surprised to have trail riding in D9 by the end of the weekend but we ain't far out at this time.

Honestly, at least 25% of my lawn is showing right now. What is left of the snow is mostly ice. They are currently forecasting up to 20 cms for Monday /Tuesday right now. That would be good but not any where near enough.

I'm doubtful we will see open trails here this season unless a major storm comes through.

Glad to here things are shaping up in District 9.

• Like 1

Wasn't there supposed to be some badass snowstorm pass through that way earlier this week? What happened, it turned mild ?

Radar looked really ugly every time I looked at it...

Edited by Denis007

17 hours ago, Crawdaddy said:

It must be better on your end of the 16th concession, cause I can still see my soybean stubble.  Whatever happened to that chicken guy anyways?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Dave K said:

It must be better on your end of the 16th concession, cause I can still see my soybean stubble.  Whatever happened to that chicken guy anyways?

I agree, just got back from a quick trip up to Goderich. What little bit of loose snow that's around is blowing but I never saw a field the whole way up and bback that was completely covered with any quantity of snow that I would think of riding on. Get the trailer loaded.

I hate to say it guys, but the storm forecast for Monday and Tuesday will not be enough for around the south. Im not as pessimistic as crawdaddy is. Maybe just maybe, around his area, but for southern regions,  its DONE....

Guys its almost February.  :banghead:

I have been saying to the guys that in 2015 I believe we got the big storm on Super Bowl Sunday  and we had a great season after that.  Had the 2015 new and put 3000 k on from the garage   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, volunteer2 said:

I have been saying to the guys that in 2015 I believe we got the big storm on Super Bowl Sunday  and we had a great season after that.  Had the 2015 new and put 3000 k on from the garage   

See if you can make that happen this year please Nick!

10 hours ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

See if you can make that happen this year please Nick!

Brian     I put an order in with TWN     15-20 on Monday    We are good to go  LOL

• Like 1

Seen groomer tracks near the 401 outside Woodstock today.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Sleds will be on closed trails in no time and shut it down before it gets a chance to open. How’s that for grumpy lol jk 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 7:00 AM, IQ TURBO said:

I hate to say it guys, but the storm forecast for Monday and Tuesday will not be enough for around the south. Im not as pessimistic as crawdaddy is. Maybe just maybe, around his area, but for southern regions,  its DONE....

Guys its almost February.  :banghead:

Maybe I should pull my section trail and keep all the blowhards south of hwy 7 since its DONE....maybe the trails north of the burg will last 24hrs if we get to open...

Ye with little Faith...lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

They could be panning around our place IMHO. If we do indeed get even 8-10 of the forcasted 15cm  (and it doesn't blow to the fencelines) they should be good to go.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lep said:

Maybe I should pull my section trail and keep all the blowhards south of hwy 7 since its DONE....maybe the trails north of the burg will last 24hrs if we get to open...

Ye with little Faith...lol. 

Blowhards..:right_on:

• Like 1

The south has opened around Drumbo! Thanks ladies and gents!! Hope the freeloaders don’t destroy it this weekend. 

• Like 1

Groomer has been running nonstop..hopefully some yellow shortly. 

• Like 1

B and w just opened..I'll let yous know how it is in a little bit...time to ride!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crawdaddy said:

B and w just opened..I'll let yous know how it is in a little bit...time to ride!

I see a new trail on the railbed from east of Walton to Blyth is open yellow. Nice connector link!

Seen some sleds at Baltaz fuel, just down the road from my place...:icon_munching: