Cochrane Update..

Turbo Doo

Thank you for that!  Looks fantastic!

• Like 2

Great report. Thanks

I see Cochrane and smooth rock have added some yellow to our trail map, and it joins up with moonbeams green. it is getting there come on snow. owell at least I know when I go up after Christmas I can turn right or left when I leave cottage on A trail and get some riding in :) 

Kap Sno-Rovers got some help filling the ditches through town last night BUT snow is still very thin. Weather is warm and we had some (freezing) rain overnight so Club President is holding off opening trails for a day or so. Snow in the forecast tonight and tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Whats the latest update for us FacebookLESS members?

Planning on heading north tonight for two days of riding. Was hoping to stop in New Liskeard, but unsure of the conditions this time of year. May have to continue to Cochrane?

Check the RUG.

I think NL is red.

Base camp will have fuel till Sunday at 5 pm. 

Cochrane is beauty! Trails are holding up well!! Currently snowing now. Expected

to get 5cms today. Road crossings and parking lots are toast but other than that, things are good up here! Too bad I’m leaving 

44 minutes ago, T bird said:

Cochrane is beauty! Trails are holding up well!! Currently snowing now. Expected

to get 5cms today. Road crossings and parking lots are toast but other than that, things are good up here! Too bad I’m leaving 

Are you driving south today? Can you let me know how it looks around KL area? 

44 minutes ago, Basketcase said:

heard its not bad from KL area, bare roads val gagne near ford dealer, but nothing crazy. if you don't mind staying in truck I would just hammer to Cochrane. we rode to kap and did a local loop Saturday trails were mint. back to smooth rock up canyon down to Cochrane sunday she was MINT. 

2 hours ago, diesel04 said:

heard its not bad from KL area, bare roads val gagne near ford dealer, but nothing crazy. if you don't mind staying in truck I would just hammer to Cochrane. we rode to kap and did a local loop Saturday trails were mint. back to smooth rock up canyon down to Cochrane sunday she was MINT. 

is there any deep snow left off the trails to play in?

2 hours ago, Basketcase said:

is there any deep snow left off the trails to play in?

under the 3'' crust yes. powder to play in.......no

8 hours ago, Basketcase said:

KL doesn’t look bad but I would go right to Cochrane for sure! 

3 hours ago, diesel04 said:

under the 3'' crust yes. powder to play in.......no

Nailed it!

1 hour ago, Pstn head said:

Make sure your carbides, sliders and scratchers are up to snuff.

For sure on that! 

Rode to Kap yesterday.  Did Beardmore and Nursery on the way back.  Excellent conditions!

• Like 6

Rode through Kap last week when we hit up Hearst and what a mess.  Took the L123 when we headed back to Cochrane and it was a 100x better. 

58 minutes ago, yamaha06 said:

Rode through Kap last week when we hit up Hearst and what a mess.  Took the L123 when we headed back to Cochrane and it was a 100x better. 

I only use the A trail this side of Kap when absolutely necessary, or mid-season.  L123 for me thanks.  Fuel up in Moonbeam, then L123 to Opasatika, then L155 (or the Northern loops) from Mattice to Hearst.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

I only use the A trail this side of Kap when absolutely necessary, or mid-season.  L123 for me thanks.  Fuel up in Moonbeam, then L123 to Opasatika, then L155 (or the Northern loops) from Mattice to Hearst.

We always do the 123 than A into kap from Cochrane.  Then do A to just south of Opasatika and loop the 123 back to moonbeam.  Love that lumberjack loop

19 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Yes exactly, that trail is awesome. That was my first time taking the L123, have always just took the A trail through Kap.

On 4/4/2019 at 12:23 PM, yamaha06 said:

On 4/4/2019 at 12:52 PM, Denis007 said:

I think a lot of the 'tourists' stick to TOP A rather than explore the side trails.

2 hours ago, revrnd said:

I think a lot of the 'tourists' stick to TOP A rather than explore the side trails.

That's fine with me. Keep our loops in good shape for us locals B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For all you non FB people, the canyon is open for business at least one more week. 

• Like 1

Moosifer and I just came back from a week in Cochrane.  Trails were awesome for the most part.  Saturday had warmed up and they were a little (OK, a lot) like riding mashed potatoes. 

Tuesday, we were expecting others to arrive, but unfortunately a couple were not able to make it.  However, while sitting in the room, a Jeep pulls up outside our room, and the driver rolls down the window and gives us the finger!  Turned out he was one of the people that joined us in Quebec with Nunz and recognized my sled :lol:

We rode to Kap on Wednesday and introduced some friends to Beardmore and Nursery Loop (sorry locals :icon_lolsign: )  

Got to ride with 79Cat again.

Great week (1530 Km) and end of the season.

• Like 8