Kap Snow Rovers Facebook Page..

Turbo Doo

On 12/15/2018 at 11:06 PM, gobills said:

Honestly wait until March if you can get some decent rides in up north in the mean time, then head up there when things get thin it's well worth it.  You will not be disappointed.

Yes its 10hours so plan on 2 days travel.  The super 8 is a great place to stay as well as the comfort inn.

I don't ride anywhere that's not 9 hours or more from home. 24 if we head west.

Going north is a freebie b/c we can leave as late as 9-11:00 at night and still be on the snow first light, or at least once the sun has started to warm things up a smidge at least...

On 12/16/2018 at 10:27 AM, Denis007 said:

Not most clubs.. Some clubs.  We lost half of our snow in the last week, above freezing, sunny and really windy this morning. Grass will still be just covered by the time it cools down this evening.  Its really thin in lots of areas.

Hey Denis here's the current snow depth picture. The little square at the end of the light blue point is Kap. Looks like a small area around Kap and Moonbeam got in the 4-8" range while you guys are in the 2-4" range.

Map of Modeled Snow Depth

PLC no image or link ....

11 hours ago, Denis007 said:

PLC no image or link ....

H'mm sorry Denis. I did a copy and paste and it showed on my screen,  so apparently it won't work that way. If anyone can enlighten me on how to move the image from another website it would be appreciated. In the meantime, here is the link to the same view.

www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/html/map.html?ql=station&zoom=&zoom2.x=8&zoom2.y=11&loc=Latitude%2CLongitude%3B+City%2CST%3B+or+Station+ID&var=ssm_depth

33 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

H'mm sorry Denis. I did a copy and paste and it showed on my screen,  so apparently it won't work that way. If anyone can enlighten me on how to move the image from another website it would be appreciated. In the meantime, here is the link to the same view.

www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/interactive/html/map.html?ql=station&zoom=&zoom2.x=8&zoom2.y=11&loc=Latitude%2CLongitude%3B+City%2CST%3B+or+Station+ID&var=ssm_depth

Fixed the link for you. :-)

1 hour ago, sledjunk said:

Fixed the link for you. :-)

Thanks.

That's a great site, thanks PLC (and Sledjunk) for sharing !!  I've bookmarked it for future reference.

And yes, it's pretty accurate for snow depth around here, and West of here as I saw while moose hunting a couple of weekends ago.  

Archived