Kap Snow Rovers Facebook Page..

Turbo Doo

Standby......

The guys are trying to find snow to fill the ditch through town so they can open the "A"......

45 minutes ago, IQ TURBO said:

Let them know, we MUCH APPRECIATE all the hard work and dedication it takes to do all that they do.:right_on:

X 2!

Thanks, folks! Show them your love on Facebook. The club president eats that up. He posts for the riders!!!

16 minutes ago, gobills said:

x3 love it up there!!

X4, thanks to all the volunteers that are making this all happen!!

X5, but I am not on Facebook :-)

1 hour ago, Claire Voyant said:

Standby......

The guys are trying to find snow to fill the ditch through town so they can open the "A"......

The arena dumps out a bit every time they clean the rink ... need a couple of tournaments to get a truckload :rotflmao:

Pics are awesome... 

8 hours ago, atventure said:

Looking absolutely f#&^ing amazing.

LOL What he said.

Lovely pictures:right_on:

Incredible trails. 

Unfortunately it's 8 hrs 45 min from home. That doesn't include stops to; pick up the sleds, gas, lunch, washroom. Likely 10 hrs. one way. The itch to ride is making it a bit tempting though.

16 hours ago, 02Sled said:

Unfortunately it's 8 hrs 45 min from home. That doesn't include stops to; pick up the sleds, gas, lunch, washroom. Likely 10 hrs. one way. The itch to ride is making it a bit tempting though.

Honestly wait until March if you can get some decent rides in up north in the mean time, then head up there when things get thin it's well worth it.  You will not be disappointed.

Yes its 10hours so plan on 2 days travel.  The super 8 is a great place to stay as well as the comfort inn.

Probably going to see lots of trail opening up next week? I notice on Facebook most of the clubs north bay and north have been grooming.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:59 PM, sledjunk said:

X5, but I am not on Facebook :-)

whaaaaat ?

1 hour ago, atventure said:

Probably going to see lots of trail opening up next week? I notice on Facebook most of the clubs north bay and north have been grooming.

Not most clubs.. Some clubs.  We lost half of our snow in the last week, above freezing, sunny and really windy this morning. Grass will still be just covered by the time it cools down this evening.  Its really thin in lots of areas.

1 hour ago, Denis007 said:

Not most clubs.. Some clubs.  We lost half of our snow in the last week, above freezing, sunny and really windy this morning. Grass will still be just covered by the time it cools down this evening.  Its really thin in lots of areas.

Didn't realize it was that thin in places. Yesterday I brought my dog for a walk on some groomed trails (North Bay) and off trail in places there was between 16-34 inches of snow. 

Was just out and we have less than 6" of snow here in Hornepayne.  We need at least another 8-10" before I can even think about bringing the groomer out.  And even then that is really marginal and rough on both equipment and the operators.  

2 hours ago, atventure said:

Didn't realize it was that thin in places. Yesterday I brought my dog for a walk on some groomed trails (North Bay) and off trail in places there was between 16-34 inches of snow. 

Maybe 12 inches in the bush in sheltered areas. We lost an inch or 2 again today, still +3 and windy.

Wind is now starting to come around as predicted, should start coming from the North by dark. Hopefully without the rain they're talking about. 

1 hour ago, matt17 said:

Was just out and we have less than 6" of snow here in Hornepayne.  We need at least another 8-10" before I can even think about bringing the groomer out.  And even then that is really marginal and rough on both equipment and the operators.  

Still a good bunch of trees down along the highway this side of Arnott road that need to be cleared...

Went to check out a few trail crossings between Kap and Moonbeam. Snow is very thin. Remi Lake looks great. Gas stations are bare pavement. Kap Sno-Rovers still trying to find snow to fill the ditches. Definitely need more snow.

20181216_135958.jpg

20181216_142530.jpg

20181216_150116.jpg

20181216_144957.jpg

20181216_154230.jpg

2 hours ago, Denis007 said:

Still a good bunch of trees down along the highway this side of Arnott road that need to be cleared...

Ya thought about that this weekend.  Will have to wait until after Christmas now.  Spent yesterday out chasing bullwinkle (unsuccessfully) then today recovering.  

44 minutes ago, matt17 said:

Ya thought about that this weekend.  Will have to wait until after Christmas now.  Spent yesterday out chasing bullwinkle (unsuccessfully) then today recovering.  

How dare you take time for yourself when there's trail work to be done... just kidding. Merry Christmas

Archived