Crap

dirtybeacher

Seasonal and wetter means snow I hope. The weather doctor said a cold pattern develops near Christmas and then a good deep freeze into January. I'm going with him. 

Nice and mild up here today, same for tomorrow apparently 

8 hours ago, soupkids said:

Nice and mild up here today, same for tomorrow apparently 

You've been sniffing too much paint fumes ... "Mild" and "Nice" don't go together when you're a sledder hoping for snow ...

:lmao:

this really is worse case scenario for clubs, especially in the north.

couple early snows, gets everyone pumped, the inevitable warm up, then the holidays, where hardly anyone can groom due to time and breakdown parts, repair constraints.

then the inevitable storm that dumps a ton, and the follow up knock out punch, about jan 5-10th... 

ALL THE PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING THE LOGISTICS, WONDERING WHY THE TRAILS ARE NOT TABLE TOP, MID SEASON CONDITIONS, BITCHING ALL OVER FORUMS, AND SOCIAL MEDIA HOW TERRIBLE THE CLUBS, DISTRICTS, AND OFSC IS BEING RUN. 

Ski

Warm and suns is out here in Port Sydney 

Might get the Grizz back out

Farmers almanac said the coldest periods would be mid-December. 

Its mid-December and feels like spring! 

I gave up on the almanac years ago . Honestly I have been invested heart soul and business in winter for most of my life . It will be what it will be and the clubs will do their best. Merry Christmas everybody.

Merry Christmas to all ! 

Bill , Thanks for all you do for sledding and us sledders.

I always rely on first hand reports for conditions and weather ; almanacs are for reading while on the john.

Stay safe and off the trails until you see green !  

1 hour ago, Wildbill said:

I gave up on the almanac years ago . Honestly I have been invested heart soul and business in winter for most of my life . It will be what it will be and the clubs will do their best. Merry Christmas everybody.

Forsure, regardless of what any forecaster says we will get what we get. I just find it funny they have been wrong almost every year. 

If you really want to get technical you can monitor water temps. A very good indicator of weather and temperatures to come.

Water Temps.PNG

3 hours ago, bucko said:

Merry Christmas to all ! 

Bill , Thanks for all you do for sledding and us sledders.

I always rely on first hand reports for conditions and weather ; almanacs are for reading while on the john.

Stay safe and off the trails until you see green !  

I'd be satisfied with yellow... I don't really need green.... Merry Christmas one and all....

Yup I’ll take yellow right now as well, although that little trip to Haliburton forest last week scratched the itch, it was only a temporary itch that has now become an even bigger itch...I knew it would happen. 

13 hours ago, skidooboy said:

this really is worse case scenario for clubs, especially in the north.

couple early snows, gets everyone pumped, the inevitable warm up, then the holidays, where hardly anyone can groom due to time and breakdown parts, repair constraints.

then the inevitable storm that dumps a ton, and the follow up knock out punch, about jan 5-10th... 

ALL THE PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTANDING THE LOGISTICS, WONDERING WHY THE TRAILS ARE NOT TABLE TOP, MID SEASON CONDITIONS, BITCHING ALL OVER FORUMS, AND SOCIAL MEDIA HOW TERRIBLE THE CLUBS, DISTRICTS, AND OFSC IS BEING RUN. 

Ski

I see you have been around the block a few times.....lol

Cold, snow & people wining will come, like it always does each year!

Party Sound this morning :(

Screenshot_20181221-082647_SeeCiTV.jpg

1 hour ago, andreyboater said:

Party Sound this morning :(

Screenshot_20181221-082647_SeeCiTV.jpg

Doesn't look like much of a Party :lmao:

We had a week of it, on & off ... finally some fresh snow yesterday, about an inch, still a bit coming down.

This was a welcome sight though !!!

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 11:37 AM, Baylaker said:

Forsure, regardless of what any forecaster says we will get what we get. I just find it funny they have been wrong almost every year. 

So often they can't even get the next day forecast correct. Why anybody would think they can predict months ahead is beyond me.

Looking a bit better. 

Arctic air stays away through end of the year

Share this article:

December 21, 2018; 2:32 PM

Here are my latest thoughts on the long range pattern into January.............

1. Arctic air likely remains locked up across Siberia through the end of the year and probably through the first week of January.

2. Signals are strong for a drier and milder pattern setting up across the western half of Canada through early January.

3. Confidence continues to grow that there will be a sudden stratospheric warming event over the Arctic region in about a week. These events are usually more common later in the winter. In any event, this may eventually translate to a high-latitude blocking event (polar vortex weakens or gets displaced south) by mid-January, which can lead to more extremes (major snow/rain events or cold) across the mid-latitudes from the Prairies through Atlantic Canada and the eastern U.S. for the second half of January.

590x449_12211914_dec21a.png

590x449_12211915_dec21b.png

590x449_12211916_dec21c.png

The views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of AccuWeather, Inc. or AccuWeather.com

Archived