Lot's of the White stuff in Parry Sound

cravesledding

Lot's of the white stuff in Parry Sound but maybe to much to soon.

Not making it easy on clubs that's for sure.

Fingers  crossed for colder temps.

xx.jpg

Thanks for the visual

Wonderful pic 

Lots and lots of branches, overhanging limbs and trees down in the area. Almost need a slight warm up to knock  the snow down off them. 25" at my camp outside sprucedale.

Warm up next week I think, possible rain??

3 minutes ago, Baylaker said:

Warm up next week I think, possible rain??

Good? Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how much and if it is followed by cold. It could work in our favour to create a solid base.

4 hours ago, cravesledding said:

xx.jpg

Thats a post card worthy picture.  

And here I thought all the white stuff was in PTBO .... :shock:

10 hours ago, cravesledding said:

xx.jpg

Incredible pic maybe send it to Hallmark for sure. The club is gearing up lots of water issues this year. 

X2 on the water issues..

Our cottage is walking distance from the Seguin trail where it crosses Nipissing rd and I was on it just before the snow came down and it’s a mess with water holes..

Im gonna get hammered for this but the increase in side by sides and atvs are destroying the trails which are making them open later, also the clubs work harder to get things going, yes there is spots were there is water problems due to beaver ponds, washouts from creeks/ rivers but there’s way more water holes due to the traffic it gets during the spring summer and fall, and it’s getting worse every year. 

10 hours ago, reevester said:

Lots and lots of branches, overhanging limbs and trees down in the area. Almost need a slight warm up to knock  the snow down off them. 25" at my camp outside sprucedale.

At this point the trees weighted down by the snow will hold memory in the wood. will still be lots of cutting regardless of a warm up...

25 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

At this point the trees weighted down by the snow will hold memory in the wood. will still be lots of cutting regardless of a warm up...

Some may yes. I was shaking lots off and they would pop back up and out of the way. Lots of work to be done regardless. 

41 minutes ago, Fabio said:

X2 on the water issues..

Our cottage is walking distance from the Seguin trail where it crosses Nipissing rd and I was on it just before the snow came down and it’s a mess with water holes..

Im gonna get hammered for this but the increase in side by sides and atvs are destroying the trails which are making them open later, also the clubs work harder to get things going, yes there is spots were there is water problems due to beaver ponds, washouts from creeks/ rivers but there’s way more water holes due to the traffic it gets during the spring summer and fall, and it’s getting worse every year. 

Umm... perhaps you are right to an extent. Our club has a strong alliance with our ATV club and work to develop trails for both ATV's and snowmobiles during their respective seasons. The ATV club intentionally keeps the trails narrow to prevent trucks and jeeps from being on the trails. This will discourage the extra wide ATV's. A friend of mine bought a CFMOTO that is only 52" wide which is essentially only 4" more than the typical sled for that purpose. Wider ATV's seem to have a challenge navigating the trails.

The key I think is that there are a few bad apple ATV riders just as there are a few bad apple snowmobile riders. They tend to ruin things for the majority of responsible riders.

Some it seems set out to intentionally create mud holes and ruts just like we have snowmobilers riding off trail on private property.

Archived