Are We Getting An App ?

pt3189

28 minutes ago, Denis007 said:

You know what? That makes a lot of sense. 

If we look at this as a small investment in us keeping up with evolving technologies, then it seems to me instead of complaining about the current app, know that we are investing in improving on it and if we opt out then we cannot expect very much improvement.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/27/2018 at 1:06 PM, manotickmike said:

I believe the law states you have the right to refuse service to anyone.

I also believe it's not the job of independent business persons to attempt to enforce trail pass compliance for a system which demands the purchase of a trail pass, and denies the beneficiaries of said pass from enforcing compliance. 

I cannot believe you can be held liable for someone else's actions, ie: driving off into the night with an empty tank. You really can't fix stupid.

Personal injury lawyers try to fix stupid every day.  If it was my station I would lecture but not deny service.  

I would simply state that I smelled alcohol. Case dismissed. 

Back to the app, I wish it well. Time will tell!

Happily, I have a GPS app that tracks where I've been, and isn't prone to crashing.

This is key for me. I sometimes venture off trail, (Crown land...) and need to leave a trail of bread crumbs as well as knowing where I am, topographically speaking.

9 hours ago, zoso said:

If we look at this as a small investment in us keeping up with evolving technologies, then it seems to me instead of complaining about the current app, know that we are investing in improving on it and if we opt out then we cannot expect very much improvement.

Very well said.  I believe you're very correct and if we put something into it, we'll get more out of it.  I'll download it later today.

2 hours ago, manotickmike said:

I would simply state that I smelled alcohol. Case dismissed. 

Back to the app, I wish it well. Time will tell!

Happily, I have a GPS app that tracks where I've been, and isn't prone to crashing.

This is key for me. I sometimes venture off trail, (Crown land...) and need to leave a trail of bread crumbs as well as knowing where I am, topographically speaking.

I have the trails on my gps, but still buy the app,. The price of a coffee and a bagel is well worth having it and investing in the future of it. Soon a gps unit will not even be needed as smart phones evolve to become multi use tools that are every bit as capble.

11 minutes ago, zoso said:

I have the trails on my gps, but still buy the app,. The price of a coffee and a bagel is well worth having it and investing in the future of it. Soon a gps unit will not even be needed as smart phones evolve to become multi use tools that are every bit as capble.

Same here with the GPS, but still bought the app, again.

On 12/31/2018 at 11:51 AM, zoso said:

The share location also doubles a basic Spot unit too, works good, we tested it out last weekend while out for a shakedown ride. 

Sorry to double post but can someone please check there phone app and check to see if A trail is showing open all the way to Hearst mine shows a red section just before hearst..... but when I check on my computer it shows open all the way.  Thanks in advance

3 minutes ago, cookster said:

Sorry to double post but can someone please check there phone app and check to see if A trail is showing open all the way to Hearst mine shows a red section just before hearst..... but when I check on my computer it shows open all the way.  Thanks in advance

Ya it's showing closed on the app now to

Thanks  for conformation...,heading that way tomorrow glad I seen this now, not sitting in kap on my phone checking the app out and going WHY THE H__L is it closed now, because it was open when I left home so my computer said so......weird very weird.

24 minutes ago, cookster said:

Thanks  for conformation...,heading that way tomorrow glad I seen this now, not sitting in kap on my phone checking the app out and going WHY THE H__L is it closed now, because it was open when I left home so my computer said so......weird very weird.

Could the red line be the closed section of the L155 that runs parallel to the A trail but south of Hwy 11? If I further magnify the area on the laptop it show the A open and the L155 closed in that area.

55 minutes ago, PISTON LAKE CRUISER said:

Could the red line be the closed section of the L155 that runs parallel to the A trail but south of Hwy 11? If I further magnify the area on the laptop it show the A open and the L155 closed in that area.

Deff not. clicked on the red it says A trail 7.6 km unavailable.. you are correct on L155 27.5 km unavailable  it starts right on the corner of L173 which drops down to L155 and is open back to mattice.      I have left a note on facebook ask a question about this  no reply as of yet.

56 minutes ago, cookster said:

Deff not. clicked on the red it says A trail 7.6 km unavailable.. you are correct on L155 27.5 km unavailable  it starts right on the corner of L173 which drops down to L155 and is open back to mattice.      I have left a note on facebook ask a question about this  no reply as of yet.

I agree, A is shown closed for a section on APP, but shows green online.

10 hours ago, cookster said:

Where on Facebook did you leave your note ?

I rode that trail on Jan 2, very much passable. Don't know why it's red on that section. Likely an oversight. The L155 is not ready yet. The A West is not open beyond the Kabinakagami river. 

when you go on facebook  there is a spot that says send message . also there was a spot specifically for the app  had to hit a link and took me to a page of questions . guess it did not work still red this morn and no reply from either . owell   having coffee and a bit to eat and heading out.

3 minutes ago, cookster said:

when you go on facebook  there is a spot that says send message . also there was a spot specifically for the app  had to hit a link and took me to a page of questions . guess it did not work still red this morn and no reply from either . owell   having coffee and a bit to eat and heading out.

thanks for the reply Denis .

19 hours ago, cookster said:

Cookster, try sending the info to the district office. They are the ones that control trail status updates. I would suspect you will get a quicker reply. 

Archived