First Open Trails

chandos_jon

I'm pleased to say that the first open trails on the ITG in Ontario are in District 2, Paudash Trail Blazers Snowmobile Club.  Let's hope that the weather continues to cooperate and we can get more open soon.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bazinga!!!

nice

From what I saw of the railbed south of L' Amable the other day, I'm surprised Old Hastings hasn't got any yellow trails.

Glad to see things finally starting early in the season!

Screenshot_20181207-215631_Chrome.thumb.jpg.08a598bc080dfe7157490b1fcec9c64b.jpg

4 hours ago, chandos_jon said:

I'm pleased to say that the first open trails on the ITG in Ontario are in District 2, Paudash Trail Blazers Snowmobile Club.  Let's hope that the weather continues to cooperate and we can get more open soon.

you are correct sir !

thanks for sharing 

Oh yeah baby! Highland rovers are out packing as well. Next 2-3 nights are going to be COLD! 

448F36BC-1F80-4CC8-A883-D332F47F6394.png

Fleet still parked up here for the most part.

Groomers are expensive to removed from wet spots.

Looks awesome:icon_dance-cpatch:

I have a question.  I texted a friend last night mentioning the trail status went to yellow so a section is finally open.  He told me "Nope trails don't open till the 15th so it shouldn't be yellow"?  Said a letter went out this year stating that.

I thought once it went yellow or green the status changed to limited or open now?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

I have a question.  I texted a friend last night mentioning the trail status went to yellow so a section is finally open.  He told me "Nope trails don't open till the 15th so it shouldn't be yellow"?  Said a letter went out this year stating that.

I thought once it went yellow or green the status changed to limited or open now?

Thanks.

I sure haven't seen any letter. For a club to open a trail there are a lot of prerequisites that have to be met and signed off. I would suggest that if the local club responsible for that trail says it is open and reflects that on the ITG it is available. They are the ones that deal with the landowners and all the opening criteria. Seems they don't know about a letter either.

There are also Early Season Priority Trails

http://www.ofsc.on.ca/content/discover-ontarios-best-early-season-riding

No mention of a date on the OFSC website. Just a reference to as early as possible.

12 minutes ago, SRXChris said:

Thanks.

As long as signage is in place and AO-1 forms are signed off and sent in to the OFSC.  Clubs can open trails officially after Dec 1st... 

2 hours ago, Yukon Cornelious said:

As long as signage is in place and AO-1 forms are signed off and sent in to the OFSC.  Clubs can open trails officially after Dec 1st... 

Exactly!

Archived