Quebec Trail Map

Puggz

Its beyond me I guess, but how can you tell the trail condition from the interactive map? The legend I see represents the type of trail (trans-PQ, local, etc) not the condition.

TIA!

P.

48 minutes ago, Puggz said:

Its beyond me I guess, but how can you tell the trail condition from the interactive map? The legend I see represents the type of trail (trans-PQ, local, etc) not the condition.

TIA!

P.

The map with the regional sections 'coloured' according to closed, fair, good, excellent etc. has been inoperative for the last couple of days. Am keeping an eye on it. Meantime you can go to the site which has the 'buttons' in the various regions to see individual club trail conditions.

https://motoneiges.ca/actions/showConditionsSentierFCMQ?lg=fr

Not the best, but keeps you occupied.

17 minutes ago, slomo said:

The map with the regional sections 'coloured' according to closed, fair, good, excellent etc. has been inoperative for the last couple of days. Am keeping an eye on it. Meantime you can go to the site which has the 'buttons' in the various regions to see individual club trail conditions.

Not the best, but keeps you occupied.

I don't think I have seen the map your referring to closed fair good excellent. I just want to point out that yellow on the Quebec map is not fair condition it is trail open but not connecting due to poor ice or closed sections. On the trail map click on the snowflake top centre of the map and select groomer delay the the colours indicate the number of hours since grooming

3 hours ago, northstar said:

I don't think I have seen the map your referring to closed fair good excellent. I just want to point out that yellow on the Quebec map is not fair condition it is trail open but not connecting due to poor ice or closed sections. On the trail map click on the snowflake top centre of the map and select groomer delay the the colours indicate the number of hours since grooming

This is the one to which I was referring...last time it appeared like this was on Monday

104707424_quebectrails.thumb.jpg.6d7c712dd450c51c5c6c2d2b024d8c44.jpg

Colours show regional conditions. I am not an expert on this by any means though so someone else might venture if the map is reputable and useful for the most part when it is working.

Thanks everyone, i'll spend some time looking through this.  maybe they could learn a thing or 2 from the ontario maps...lol.  With layers, they could easily show trail conditions (red/yellow/green) on the main map.  IMHO.  Mind you, once the season is a go, most are green anyways...lol

OK - somewhat have solved the missing colour segment Quebec trail map mystery - load up the French version - Chrome works best - then choose 'conditions de sentiers' - (snow flake icon) - brief pause they should then appear - English map has no such link:

569030468_coloursegments.thumb.jpg.36cc8b29c3706fe3b18aff58b685437d.jpg

Only missing the legend. Green is good.

On 12/10/2018 at 12:08 PM, slomo said:

OK - somewhat have solved the missing colour segment Quebec trail map mystery - load up the French version - Chrome works best - then choose 'conditions de sentiers' - (snow flake icon) - brief pause they should then appear - English map has no such link:

569030468_coloursegments.thumb.jpg.36cc8b29c3706fe3b18aff58b685437d.jpg

Only missing the legend. Green is good.

So that's it!!!  LOL  A guy showed me in St Zenon how the map will show approximately how long ago a groomer passed.  If the trial is green...within 24 hours.  Yellow within 48, red longer.  Yet to test it out.

50 minutes ago, GrizzlyGriff said:

So that's it!!!  LOL  A guy showed me in St Zenon how the map will show approximately how long ago a groomer passed.  If the trial is green...within 24 hours.  Yellow within 48, red longer.  Yet to test it out.

Green  is 0-12 hours etc.. you can see it at the bottom left 

Capture000.PNG

20 minutes ago, zoso said:

Green  is 0-12 hours etc.. you can see it at the bottom left 

Capture000.PNG

Cool. Thanks 

Here's how to get the grooming report on the main Quebec Map site.

Press the SNOW FLAKE icon in the top right corner.

Then check the GROOMING DELAY box on the drop down menu.

The grooming map is updated daily 6:00 AM and 1:00 PM

IMG_1300.thumb.PNG.f69a3c27cc4fdcaff401f3a4bb45ee53.PNGIMG_1301.thumb.PNG.e592f1b43849ab75c954c351ca6060aa.PNG

Here's the regional map for the Laurentians or Mont Laurier area of Quebec.

It's more like the Ontario map showing what's open or closed using typical Green, Yellow ,Red colour.

Available at:

www..woodrunnertrail.ca

IMG_1302.thumb.PNG.11c4f43dfe68cbe1db81bc6321e93a5f.PNG

Yeah. The woodrunner map is good. Also Les Ours Blanc north of Ottawa. Maniwaki area. Great drop off point. local club has a parking lot. 

On 12/10/2018 at 10:13 PM, zoso said:

One example as to why quebec is better .

Cvd.PNG

Yeah..we have those in Ontario too you know..

On 12/10/2018 at 10:13 PM, zoso said:

Cvd.PNG

4 hours ago, paulslund said:

Yeah..we have those in Ontario too you know..

The signs in Ontario are snowmobile trail crossing the Hwy, the Quebec sign is showing the snowmobile trail through the city

you guys are gonna make plan a trip to La Belle Province. its been 15 years since my last one there.

3 minutes ago, pt3189 said:

you guys are gonna make plan a trip to La Belle Province. its been 15 years since my last one there.

Their Jan free ride weekend is enticing. Looking at a way of riding Friday (Ontario ); Sat - Sun Quebec and Mon ( Ontario ) ... without duplicating ride out/in from Ontario.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:13 PM, zoso said:

Cvd.PNG

Quebec isn't the only place trails run through town. Apart from that I would prefer not to have to deal with running through town on a sled. The sign is pointing to a sidewalk that I strongly suspect would have minimal snow on it since there would be a pedestrian liability. It sure wouldn't be groomed.

Meanwhile in Ontario

CaptureA.JPG.7909a87cede6d67edd224411b597b506.JPG

CaptureA.JPG.ca8e385be5b797886b9577bce9cc3e4a.JPG

CaptureA.JPG.009fc7cd733f2c502c7ce093c5386847.JPG

And many many more examples.... Again having a snowmobile through town on sidewalks is the last place I want to be riding.

5 minutes ago, 02Sled said:

Quebec isn't the only place trails run through town. Apart from that I would prefer not to have to deal with running through town on a sled. The sign is pointing to a sidewalk that I strongly suspect would have minimal snow on it since there would be a pedestrian liability. It sure wouldn't be groomed.

Meanwhile in Ontario

CaptureA.JPG.7909a87cede6d67edd224411b597b506.JPG

CaptureA.JPG.ca8e385be5b797886b9577bce9cc3e4a.JPG

CaptureA.JPG.009fc7cd733f2c502c7ce093c5386847.JPG

And many many more examples.... Again having a snowmobile through town on sidewalks is the last place I want to be riding.

That's not it at all the trail is not on the sidewalk it is a ribbon of snow right through the city that the groomer maintains some area are clear of snow because of traffic . You would have to experience it to understand what is there. Timmins does this through part of the downtown but that's the only city that would compare

• 3 weeks later...

anybody ever figure out how you can tell if a trail is open or closed? I can tell when a trail was last groomed, but being groomed doesn't necessarily mean it is open and if a trail is on a river, it is not normally groomed so how can i tell if it is open or not?

2 hours ago, barberch said:

anybody ever figure out how you can tell if a trail is open or closed? I can tell when a trail was last groomed, but being groomed doesn't necessarily mean it is open and if a trail is on a river, it is not normally groomed so how can i tell if it is open or not?

Figure out where you want to go and use this.  You can go to any region and check out conditions.

Archived